ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what is a residence card?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baisui
Newly Registered

what is a residence card?

Post by baisui » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:26 pm

this is probably a no-brainer...

i have spent the last couple of hours reading previous posts on schengen visas - how to get one, under what circumstances one is needed, etc. one thing is confusing me - many of the posts refer to a residence card - can anyone tell me what this is?

my wife (chinese national) has been living with me in the uk since last sept on a spouse visa - she is not eligible for ilr yet.

is her visa a residence permit for the purpose of schengen visas?

or would an ilr sticker be one?

or does it mean the residence card issued to the spouses of eea citizens exercising their treaty rights?

any clarification much appreciated!

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:08 pm

The residence permit is a sticker endorsed in the passport for applicants who applied for leave to remain the the UK under EU Law.

As your wife has a spouse visa, so long as doe not expire in anything up to 3 months, she will be fine to apply for a Schengen visa in London.

baisui
Newly Registered

Post by baisui » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:18 am

thanks, that's reassuring.

does it also count for the 2004 rule about family members not needing a visa to travel in the EU? i realise from reading other threads here this rule has not been implemented fully by all eu countries.