ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Question regarding proof of address document

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Natey007
United Kingdom

Urgent Question regarding proof of address document

Post by Natey007 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:59 pm

Dear good people,

I have a big problem with my son’s ILR application. My wife and my other son’s applications have been approved and they have got their BRP cards. The problem is that UKVI needed another proof of address document for my son. They rejected one document from his previous college (he’s not studying anymore now and cant do anything else since his BRP and visa has expired)

He doesn’t have credit card or driving licence.

NHS registration/GP - we used a friend’s address before and we have requested to change to a new gp, but it takes 10 days to do this. And we can’t either ask the previous gp or new gp to provide a letter of proof of address. (The previous gp doesn’t have our current address in their system).

We never thought that the document from the college will be rejected hence we didn’t do this earlier.

We only have 6 working days to get a proof.

I dont know what else to do.

What else can we do with time is running out?

We have submitted a bank statement before and I was thinking to open up another bank account for him - NS&I bond maybe ? Can a second bank statement be accepted?

Really appreciate any inputs.

Thank you.

Kind regrds,
N

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Urgent Question regarding proof of address document

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:17 pm

How old is your son?

What did they ask specifically?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Natey007
United Kingdom

Post by Natey007 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:43 pm

He is 19.

They said the proof of address from his college can’t be accepted as he’s not studying there anymore.

So they require another proof of address - NHS registration, driving license, credit card’s bill.

He doesn’t have driving licence and credit card bill.

And as I explained earlier, we are changing GP but old GP doesn’t have our current address. And new GP requires 10 days to process. We only have 6 more days now.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:50 pm

Natey007 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:43 pm
He is 19.

They said the proof of address from his college can’t be accepted as he’s not studying there anymore.

So they require another proof of address - NHS registration, driving license, credit card’s bill.

He doesn’t have driving licence and credit card bill.

And as I explained earlier, we are changing GP but old GP doesn’t have our current address. And new GP requires 10 days to process. We only have 6 more days now.
When did you change the old GP? Before you made the application or after? Why was your son’s address not changed then?

I dont want you to give them an impression that you are only changing the address now to meet the requirement.

Did they already accept his bank account statement?

Does he have a provisional driving license?
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Natey007
United Kingdom

Post by Natey007 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:01 pm

When did you change the old GP? Before you made the application or after? Why was your son’s address not changed then?

We have not changed GP yet , just made an inquiry at a new GP today. The reason why we didn’t change GP earlier is because we are very happy with their services, and most importantly, we moved to approximately 350 meters away from them. So not very far. We have made an appeal to stay with them early last month, but still haven’t got any update - after 2 appeal letters and a personal chat with a few of the partners there last week.

I dont want you to give them an impression that you are only changing the address now to meet the requirement.

Did they already accept his bank account statement?

Yes, they have accepted the bank statement

Does he have a provisional driving license?

No. He doesn’t have a provisional licence. And he cant apply for it since his BRP expired last April

Natey007
United Kingdom

Post by Natey007 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:17 pm

I was thinking of opening another bank account for him.i heard that NS&I premium bonds is relatively easy and fast to get approved.

Can a second bank statement be accepted as proof of address?

Thank you.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:48 pm

I am not very sure if a second bank account will be sufficient. Wait for seniors to respond.

Worst case scenario, you can write a cover letter explaining the GP change and it will take some time. HO will allow you some extra days in that case.

Btw your son is still protected under section 3c till a decision is made. Same visa conditions apply as previous till a decision will be made even if brp is expired.

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Your son should've received a "poll card" for the recently conducted European Parliament elections.
Perhaps this could be be used if available
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

Natey007
United Kingdom

Post by Natey007 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:44 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:48 pm
I am not very sure if a second bank account will be sufficient. Wait for seniors to respond.

Worst case scenario, you can write a cover letter explaining the GP change and it will take some time. HO will allow you some extra days in that case.

Btw your son is still protected under section 3c till a decision is made. Same visa conditions apply as previous till a decision will be made even if brp is expired.
Thank you for your reply.

I will write a cover letter to them explaining what happened and hopefully they will give a few extra days.

Thanks again.

Natey007
United Kingdom

Post by Natey007 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:50 pm

poper wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:06 pm
Your son should've received a "poll card" for the recently conducted European Parliament elections.
Perhaps this could be be used if available
Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately he has never registered to vote.I know.. we should have, but again, it’s water under bridge.. too late to do anything else..

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:12 pm

HO has to be convinced he is not leading an independent life. And you have to prove that.

Natey007
United Kingdom

Post by Natey007 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:22 am

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:12 pm
HO has to be convinced he is not leading an independent life. And you have to prove that.
Yes I understand that part. The problem is we don’t have a lot of option and time to do anything else now given the circumstances that we are in.

We have registered with a new GP yesterday since the previous GP rejected our appeal to stay with them. Fingers crossed we will get the proof of address letter from the new GP within next week. Friday is the last day to submit the document to UKVI.

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:44 am

Natey007 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:22 am
tier11417 wrote:
Yes I understand that part. The problem is we don’t have a lot of option and time to do anything else now given the circumstances that we are in.

We have registered with a new GP yesterday since the previous GP rejected our appeal to stay with them. Fingers crossed we will get the proof of address letter from the new GP within next week. Friday is the last day to submit the document to UKVI.

Thanks
Does your son have any previous NHS hospital letters with the same address on?

Natey007
United Kingdom

Post by Natey007 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:26 am

tier11417 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:44 am
Natey007 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:22 am
tier11417 wrote:

Thanks
Does your son have any previous NHS hospital letters with the same address on?

We only have hospital letters with the address registered with the previous GP.

The only letters we have with the same address on are letters from Orthodontist. But those letters dated a few months ago. But the letters didn’t mention NHS details. Just his name and address. Can that be used? We can go and ask them to produce a letter with a current date if that letter is acceptable by HO.

Thanks again.

Farooqdr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Farooqdr » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:52 am

Can you mention please when did you applied for your wife and son ILR and how long it took to get the secession. I also applied for the same.
Thanks.

Natey007
United Kingdom

Post by Natey007 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:50 pm

Farooqdr wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:52 am
Can you mention please when did you applied for your wife and son ILR and how long it took to get the secession. I also applied for the same.
Thanks.
I applied first via Super Priority service in mid April. Got my BRP card 5 days later. My wife and 2 sons’ forms were submitted a week later via Standard service and they got their BRP cards last week - in exactly 6 weeks. Except for of one of my sons.

Natey007
United Kingdom

Post by Natey007 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:01 am

Hi again.

I guess no one knows whether it’s okay to send two bank statements as proof of address?

Natey007
United Kingdom

Post by Natey007 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:55 am

And if anyone knows how to send these documents to the HO? Not by posts I assumed?

Thank you.