ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa when main applicant in ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Dependent visa when main applicant in ILR

Post by sparkyram » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:44 am

Hello All,

I am currently having ILR and my wife is in tier 2 gen dependent which is expiring in 2 more months . I have below questions .

1. I have started the application for my wife and selected PBS Dependant - Partner- Is this correct ?

2. My Wife's visa is valid till 15- Aug-2019, But as we are travelling to hometown and coming back by Aug 3rd , am planning to apply for extension now itself ? we are planning to travel after providing bio metrics. are we allowed to travel if the PBS application is in progress ? do we need to submit the BRP card while applying for the visa ?

3. How long the application process usually take in standard application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa when main applicant in ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:53 am

What exactly are you applying for? ILR or an extension as you have posted in the ILR sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:55 am

Extension for my wife .. PBS extension..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:00 am

Topic moved to tier 2 sub forum.

1. Correct yes.

2. When do you plan on leaving the UK? If she applies and leaves before a decision is made, her application will be considered withdrawn. Why not apply when you return in August?? She can apply anytime before her visa expires, even on the last day of visa validity.

3. Up to 8 weeks, sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:06 am

Thanks CR001 .

We are travelling between July 18th to Aug 3rd...And visa expires on Aug 15th... I think it is unlikely for us to get decision before july 18th i guess. hence it make more sense to apply after we come back.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:23 am

You could possibly get a decision before travelling but it will cost an extra £800 pounds. No giatantee though.

Don't forget to make sure you have the £630 for 90 days maintenance funds and that the balance doesn't drop below this level at all during the 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:41 pm

Hello,

This is continuation of my previous query. I am in ILR and my wife is in dependent visa which she got when i was in Tier 2 Gen. Now my wife visa expiring on 14th Aug 2019 (In 13 more days) .

We are currently in india for short two week trip. My original plan was to apply visa when we are back in UK by aug 3rd.. but unfortunately my wife twisted her knee and due to bone displacement she is unfit to travel for 10 days. Doc gave unfit note, so i have to reschedule her trip to Aug 10th and she would reach UK on same day aug 10th. i am reaching UK as planned on Aug 3rd,

I have below questions:

1. I have already filled all necessary details for her dependent visa form online but yet to submit the application. Should i submit the application online now itself or shall i wait till aug 10th ?

2. Also what would be considered as application submission date ? date we submit the application online or the date we give biometrics ?

3. Once i submit the application form , where should i pay the fee ? is it as part of next steps in online ?

4. Since she is arriving on 10th AUg and visa is expiring in 4 more days, would someone in border immigration check ask any question about this ?(as there are no application for extension in progress at that time)

I am very nervous because of sudden plan change and trying to minimise the damage . Since i dint bring my laptop i was not able to browse all the details myself.please somebody help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:44 pm

1. I have already filled all necessary details for her dependent visa form online but yet to submit the application. Should i submit the application online now itself or shall i wait till aug 10th ?
Apply only when she is back in the UK.
2. Also what would be considered as application submission date ? date we submit the application online or the date we give biometrics ?
Application date is the date you submit and pay online. It is NOT the date of the UKCVAS biometric appointment.
3. Once i submit the application form , where should i pay the fee ? is it as part of next steps in online ?

You pay online.
4. Since she is arriving on 10th AUg and visa is expiring in 4 more days, would someone in border immigration check ask any question about this ?(as there are no application for extension in progress at that time)
She can enter the UK as long as her visa is valid. Simply state she is applying for an extension before visa expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:17 am

Thanks CR001 for your response.

Is there anyway I can apply for extension when she is in India itself? Am just exploring other options here.

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:53 am

Guys,

Could someone help please.. is it possible to apply PBS extension outside UK ?my wife visa is expiring in Aug 12th and she is currently outside uk and due to medical reasons if she is not able to come to UK before the visa expriy, what are all my options ?

1. Is it possible to apply PBS extension outside UK ? If so is premium service available ?

2. Would this reset her ILR clock ?

Kindly help pls

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:03 am

Guys,

could someone help please. i am running out of time.
can i apply PBS dependet visa extension outside UK ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:17 am

It isn't an extension. It is a new entry clearance visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:50 pm

Guys,

for the below question in PBS partner visa: What should i answer ?

Has Mr XXXX sponsor agreed to certify your maintenance?

I assume no is the answer. As i am already having ILR and my wife has enough funds in her account. hence she or myself can show the maintainence right ?

2. Also how much IHS surcharge i need to pay ? I am applying for pbs dependent 3 years or less, but my wife will get her ILR in 1.5 year ? would i be getting the remining money back ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:36 pm

1. Fine to answer no as your previous sponsor can't certify maintenance.

2. 3 years IHS because it is a 3 year extension. You won't get a refund when she applies for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:11 pm

Thanks CR001.. submitted the application.

When i am doing a payment selected for priority service and to pay 1223 pounds.
But since i dint get my OTP, i cancelled the payment. But now the application shows as payment succesfull. But i know that i have not paid. how to rectify this issue ?

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:42 am

Guys,

Applied PBS partner extension for my wife as priority application. i hope the decision would have been normally made in 5 days. Is there any way to check the status of application if its beyond 5 working days?