ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited company spouse visa payslips

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

TheTao01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Limited company payslips dates dont match

Post by TheTao01 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:16 am

Hello all.

I am hoping someone can help me. I am sole director of a limited company, about to apply for a spouse visa for my pregnant wife. I earn over the 18,600, in divided and paye. However for the most recent company tax year i will be applying, i took out lump sums as required and not on set dates which match the dates on the wage slips my accountant has sent me. Since i realized i would be applying for a visa and this might be an issue i have of course since october 2018 been with drawing paye on the set date. But before this they dont match. I have written dividend vouchers to myself which match the dividened withdrawals. I have maybe 3 options.

1. Send all the dividened vouchers which match, and the payslips which dont and write a letter explaining it as it is just a payment to myself it was really of no consequence if i payed the wage on any set date. The total amounts will match what it states in my tax return.
2. I have seen someone who was approved in the same situation who did not send his paye payslips and just the dividened vouchers. However this seems risky as the guidelines clearly ask for pay slips and the most recent P60. This was however an approved old post i read from 2014, and perhaps the rules have changed.
3. Write new payslips to myself which match the amounts taken out as best i can, although they will all be different amounts taking out at different times.

Reading this back, i am starting to think option 1 is my only real option? And try to explain and show the total amounts match with my tax return and all withdraws match the company bank statements with my personal bank statements. Any guidance very gratefully received.

Many Thanks

TheTao01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Limited company spouse visa payslips

Post by TheTao01 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Hello all, i am looking on some advise regarding my payslips. As a sole director of a limited company, Category F, i pay myself a wage and a dividend. I have noticed that the dates and amounts on the payslips from my accountant don't match the withdrawals on my bank statements. This is because as it is a payment to myself, it was of no consequence to me when i withdrew the payments. Since then i have seen some people refused a visa because the payslips dates don't match. Since i realized this could be an issue i have been withdrawing payments on set dates matching the payslips but only since October 2018. My last tax return is from Nov 2017 to Nov 2018.

I was thinking of 2 options

1. Submit all the payslips and explain as it was a payment to myself why the dates and amounts dont match? or

2. Declare everything as a dividend and write dividend vouchers and do not submit the payslips? that way every payment will match in the bank statements. In the guidence it asks you to send payslips and P60 only if applicable. I would say everything was taken as a dividend

Many thanks

rmkirfan
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Limited company spouse visa payslips

Post by rmkirfan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:02 pm

TheTao01 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:45 pm
Hello all, i am looking on some advise regarding my payslips. As a sole director of a limited company, Category F, i pay myself a wage and a dividend. I have noticed that the dates and amounts on the payslips from my accountant don't match the withdrawals on my bank statements. This is because as it is a payment to myself, it was of no consequence to me when i withdrew the payments. Since then i have seen some people refused a visa because the payslips dates don't match. Since i realized this could be an issue i have been withdrawing payments on set dates matching the payslips but only since October 2018. My last tax return is from Nov 2017 to Nov 2018.

I was thinking of 2 options

1. Submit all the payslips and explain as it was a payment to myself why the dates and amounts dont match? or

2. Declare everything as a dividend and write dividend vouchers and do not submit the payslips? that way every payment will match in the bank statements. In the guidence it asks you to send payslips and P60 only if applicable. I would say everything was taken as a dividend

Many thanks
Option 2 sounds better,If you satisfy requirement just by Dividend income,I would make it as simple as possible,