ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentary evidence of cohabitation

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ccs123
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by ccs123 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi All,

Could anyone please let me know where it was mentioned that we need to submit documents from 6 different sources?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documentary evidence of cohabitation

Post by CR001 » Fri May 31, 2019 7:26 pm

ccs123 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:23 pm
Hi All,

Could anyone please let me know where it was mentioned that we need to submit documents from 6 different sources?

Regards
1. You should start your own topic with your circumstances and questions rather than tagging onto another members thread.

2. You have to prove subsisting relationship, which is evidence of cohabitation. Members who have not submitted this, have been asked by HO to provide it, delaying their applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ccs123
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by ccs123 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:24 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:26 pm
ccs123 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:23 pm
Hi All,

Regards
1. You should start your own topic with your circumstances and questions rather than tagging onto another members thread.

2. You have to prove subsisting relationship, which is evidence of cohabitation. Members who have not submitted this, have been asked by HO to provide it, delaying their applications.
Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience. I thought of creating a new post but I felt it would be easy to discuss in the same topic (as this topic heading is very much related).

When I filled in the application it showed the below statement:
"If you have added a spouse or civil partner to this application form who is applying at the
same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were
last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the
whole period and be in the form of official letters or documents, addressed to yourself
and your spouse."

However it didn't mention about 6 different sources, so I'm very much confused and replied to this post.

Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Regards,
CCS

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:35 am

Is it okay if you don't have joint bank account, but rest (Council, Utility, NHS etc.) at the same address ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:44 am

Posts split to your own topic.

See point 12 in the link below on why you were asked to start your own topic!!

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ccs123
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by ccs123 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Noted and thank you. I'll create a new post.

ccs123
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by ccs123 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi,

Please let me explain my current situation before asking the query.

I've lived in a apartment for 4 years. And now due to unforeseen situations I've moved to friends home along with my family. Next year we're (me, spouse and daughter) are eligible for ILR.

I've Council tax, Utility (water) and NHS to the same address for 4yrs I stayed in apartment. However in the new place I've nothing yet. I tried registering in Council but they said I'm not eligible to register as I'm not renting there nor I'm the owner of the house.

Yesterday I applied for Joint account. And I asked my friend to try registering us in Water bill as there is no option in British gas. And I've to try in NHS, I'm not sure if they ask for any address proof so I'll wait till I get my bank letter.

Now my main question is how many different sources of address proof I need to use when applying for ILR.

In the application I've noticed the below statement "If you have added a spouse or civil partner to this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form ofofficial letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse".

But it didn't specify what kind of documents and from how many sources. When I searched online mostly I'm seeing it should be from 6 different sources but I didn't get a definite answer as where it was mentioned that it need to be 6 sources.

Could anyone please help me.

Regards,
CCS

ccs123
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by ccs123 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:29 pm

cracker1234 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:35 am
Is it okay if you don't have joint bank account, but rest (Council, Utility, NHS etc.) at the same address ?
Hi Craker1234,

Apologies for the inconvenience. I've created a new post explaining my situation.

Konzo1
Tuvalu

Post by Konzo1 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:47 pm

ccs123 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:28 pm
Hi,

Please let me explain my current situation before asking the query.

I've lived in a apartment for 4 years. And now due to unforeseen situations I've moved to friends home along with my family. Next year we're (me, spouse and daughter) are eligible for ILR.

I've Council tax, Utility (water) and NHS to the same address for 4yrs I stayed in apartment. However in the new place I've nothing yet. I tried registering in Council but they said I'm not eligible to register as I'm not renting there nor I'm the owner of the house.

Yesterday I applied for Joint account. And I asked my friend to try registering us in Water bill as there is no option in British gas. And I've to try in NHS, I'm not sure if they ask for any address proof so I'll wait till I get my bank letter.

Now my main question is how many different sources of address proof I need to use when applying for ILR.

In the application I've noticed the below statement "If you have added a spouse or civil partner to this application form who is applying at the same time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form ofofficial letters or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse".

But it didn't specify what kind of documents and from how many sources. When I searched online mostly I'm seeing it should be from 6 different sources but I didn't get a definite answer as where it was mentioned that it need to be 6 sources.

Could anyone please help me.

Regards,
CCS

At least from 3 different sources, 6 material if both names, or 12 materials if individual names. I stand corrected

ccs123
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by ccs123 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm

Konzo1 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:47 pm
At least from 3 different sources, 6 material if both names, or 12 materials if individual names. I stand corrected
Hi Konzo1,

Thank you for your response. Is it recorded anywhere in the guidelines?

I may sound dumb but I didn't understand when you said 3 different sources and 6 material. Could you please explain.

Regards,
CCS

Konzo1
Tuvalu

Post by Konzo1 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Items of correspondence addressed to Mr xxx and Miss xxx at the
same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or
from the date you first started living together, up to a maximum of 2 years
Items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. The dates of the items
of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3
different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items
addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - 4 items
of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the
address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or
correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address.
In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in
joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence evidencing that you reside
together at the same address.

UK Visas & Immigration

Page 3 of 4

Documents provided must be originals. Examples of acceptable items include:
Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue
and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing
Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical
treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
Bank statements or letters
Building society savings books or letters
Council tax bills or statements
Electricity or gas bills or statements
Water rates bills or statements
Mortgage statements or agreement
Tenancy agreement(s)
Telephone bills or statements

ccs123
Newly Registered
Mood:
England

Post by ccs123 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:41 am

Konzo1 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:11 pm
Items of correspondence addressed to Mr xxx and Miss xxx at the
same address as evidence you have been living together since your last grant of leave in this category, or
from the date you first started living together, up to a maximum of 2 years
Items of correspondence should be addressed to you jointly or in both your names. The dates of the items
of correspondence should be spread evenly over the whole 2 years. They should be from at least 3
different sources. If you do not have enough items in your joint names, you may also provide items
addressed to each of you individually if they show the same address for both of you. For example - 4 items
of correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the
address. In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or
correspondence in joint names to the same address and 2 items addressed to each partner at the address.
In total 8 items would need to be submitted. If you and your partner have no bills or correspondence in
joint names, you will need to submit 12 items (6 each) of correspondence evidencing that you reside
together at the same address.

UK Visas & Immigration

Page 3 of 4

Documents provided must be originals. Examples of acceptable items include:
Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue
and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing
Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical
treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
Bank statements or letters
Building society savings books or letters
Council tax bills or statements
Electricity or gas bills or statements
Water rates bills or statements
Mortgage statements or agreement
Tenancy agreement(s)
Telephone bills or statements
Hi Konzo1,

Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. It's was very helpful.

Regards,
CCS