ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Royal Mail Lost the Expired Passports

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ALPHA78
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Royal Mail Lost the Expired Passports

Post by ALPHA78 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:46 am

Hi All,

I did receive my ILR last month . I did receive all the documents and BRP card from the Home Office as well. I did send with ILR application 4x passports . One was valid and the other three were expired. But the expired passports have my date of entry in UK and also have the exit and enter stamps dates from time to time.

I did receive the broken parcel and found that the 3x expired passports had been lost by the Royal mail and i did receive only the 1x valid passport . Could you please advise , will it effect on my future naturalization application because all the expired passports have the date of entry and exit stamps on them . Should i report the lost passport to police and write to home office and Royal Mail as well

Please advise me on this issue and will be highly appreciated

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Re: Royal Mail Lost the Expired Passports

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:21 am

Report it to the Royal Mail and UKVI to see if there's any chance of recovering it, and then report it to the Police, to get a Police Report for lost item if you can't recover the lost documents. HMPO will accept the police report in that instance, since you have your current passport, it won't be an issue with the lost report.

But from what you say, given that you got the most recent passport, it could be possible that the lost passports are with UKVI in error.

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:08 pm

For your information, the Police do not give you a lost passport report document. Apparently the consulates now process replacement passports without a police report.

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:03 am

According to the Home Office, you still have to report it to the police. I also know that Nigeria for instance will NOT issue a new passport without a Police Report number. The LS01 form you fill to inform the Identity and Passport Services at Home Office also asks for a police report number.

Besides, the person who opened the thread isn't asking to replace lost passports because the passports are expired and the person already has a current one. It's about what the person will do regarding the requirement for him/her to present the passport they came into the UK with, which is now lost somewhere between UKVI's office and arriving in the mailbox at home.

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 am

The Met Police website also says this:

I've lost an item somewhere:
If you're not sure where you lost the item, try searching places you've been to recently and ask any nearby shops or cafes if they've had someone find it and leave it with them.

For foreign passports, ID cards and driving licences, please report the loss to us at a police station. Please use the finder below to find the station closest to where you lost the item.

If it's one of the following items then it may have been handed in to us, so check with any police stations in the area:

mobile phones
computers
tablets
MP3 players
any other item capable of containing data
UK passport
cash or a wallet or purse
bank cards, identity cards or personal documentation (eg bank statements or benefit books)
birth, marriage or death certificate
UK driving licence

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:33 am

From personal experience. Bethnal Green London Police station refused to listen. Gave me a printed notice informing that due to lack of manpower the Met has stopped issuing lost passport reports. This in 2015. If they have reverted to issuing the report I am unaware.

ALPHA78
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ALPHA78 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:40 am

Hi All,

I got my ILR but When i have to apply for my Naturalization application .Do they ask for all the expired old passports which have the all the date of entry and exit to UK. I have written to the Home Office and Royal Mail regarding the lost of my passports and waiting for their reply . . Please advise

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:19 am

Yes, you need to scan and upload .
And HO might request originals in case they need .

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:41 am

katanayi wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:19 am
You should read the post before responding. He is asking what is to be done in future when his expired passports are lost.

katanayi
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by katanayi » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:01 am

joeano353 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:41 am
katanayi wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:19 am
You should read the post before responding. He is asking what is to be done in future when his expired passports are lost.
Could you please advise , will it effect on my future naturalization application because all the expired passports have the date of entry and exit stamps on them
I replied this part, did I missed anything?!