ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse dependent to ILR holder

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Dzman
Newly Registered
Algeria

Spouse dependent to ILR holder

Post by Dzman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:31 am

Hi
My wife and I were on Tier 2 visa since 2016. Last November I received my ILR and my wife is still on tier 2 spouse. Now that her tier 2 is expiring, what visa should we apply for her and what duration? She has been in the UK for just over 3 years.
Also does she needs to pass an English test? For information she does not have a degree taught in English
Regards

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse dependent to ILR holder

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:57 am

Dzman wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:31 am
Hi
My wife and I were on Tier 2 visa since 2016. Last November I received my ILR and my wife is still on tier 2 spouse. Now that her tier 2 is expiring, what visa should we apply for her and what duration? She has been in the UK for just over 3 years.
Also does she needs to pass an English test? For information she does not have a degree taught in English
Regards
To save her previously spent time on tier 2 dependent visa leading to ILR she should apply for same tier 2 dependent visa extension. There is no English test requirement for it but you must have at least £630 in bank account from atleast 90 days.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Dzman
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Dzman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:32 pm

Thanks for the reply
Just to confirm she can apply for tier 2 extension even though she is not working and I am on ILR now?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Dzman wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:32 pm
Thanks for the reply
Just to confirm she can apply for tier 2 extension even though she is not working and I am on ILR now?
Yes correct. If you had received ILR through 10 years long residence then no.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Dzman
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Dzman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:40 pm

Thanks again, but what about when they ask about the sponsor license number Or similar information on the online application? Do we put the old one that we used 3 years ago? I have now changed jobs and no longer working for the company with which I applied for tier 2