ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

payslips and reference

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

JESSIES

payslips and reference

Post by JESSIES » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi

My payslips are printed on the 'official payslip paper' where you have to tear the sides to open it. Our payslips are produced by an outsourced payroll company, so though the company name and address is there, there is no company header/logo.

Does that mean I have to get the paylsips signed and stamped by my employer?

Also when i spoke with a consultant before he said that I don't need to use my boss as a reference, and that I can use the Sales Director as a reference. Can someone please confirm this?

I ask because I want to avoid bringing up an tier 1 visa issues with my boss. I know that as soon as I mention it, she will know that I am planning to resign.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:04 pm

The payslips should work fine as they are. My partner made an extension application recently and had submitted payslips similar in format to what you describe and the application was approved.

There is no requirement of a *reference letter* in the Tier 1 scheme.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:06 pm

As per UKBA notes on Payslips
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /Payslips/

These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper. If payslips are on unheaded paper or you receive all pay slips online, you must authenticate the evidence by asking the employer to sign and stamp a printout.

Couldn't you find this link and learn yourself?

If your payslips are not on company headed paper then you do need the authentication from your competent department (normally Accounts, HR or Payroll department).

Reference - Mostly, it has to be your HR, otherwise I would suggest any senior manager who can talk poiltely and address questions related to your employment.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:13 pm

rajesh9pl,

The payslip formats may differ depending on the organization and the country. AFAIK, most of the govt. organizations (and maybe private companies too) here in UK use payslip format that the OP has described. These are considered as valid evidence without the need for a signature / stamp.

What I have stated in my earlier post is based on personal experience and a successful approval (to a HSMP extension application under Tier 1 rules).

regards

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Thanks for the 2 conflicting response.

In regards to getting them stamped, we are moving office so the stamp and address on the last payslip is not the same as the rest. Should I state that we've moved office or just leave it and let the home office call to check themself is they are unsure?

junior

Re: payslips and reference

Post by junior » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:24 pm

I am sure you will be fine with the official payslips which you are planning to submit for your Tier1 application.

Just note when you say "official" then as per guidance notes for payslips These should be either formal payslips or...

From what you have mentioned, your payslips are in standard UK format, i.e. formal payslips and should match either of the design layout(s) as specified in the below links:

http://www.payslipsp60.co.uk/
&
http://www.office-slaves.co.uk/orderform1.html

Hope this helps.
Junior

JESSIES wrote:Hi

My payslips are printed on the 'official payslip paper' where you have to tear the sides to open it. Our payslips are produced by an outsourced payroll company, so though the company name and address is there, there is no company header/logo.

Does that mean I have to get the paylsips signed and stamped by my employer?

Also when i spoke with a consultant before he said that I don't need to use my boss as a reference, and that I can use the Sales Director as a reference. Can someone please confirm this?

I ask because I want to avoid bringing up an tier 1 visa issues with my boss. I know that as soon as I mention it, she will know that I am planning to resign.
Last edited by junior on Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:25 pm

sushdmehta,

Information on UKBA site and guidance notes are bible for applicants. Your practical experience might work if payslips are issued by UK based employer. But, for rest of the world, guidelines notes should be followed, specially if applicants in applying from India. Otherwise, no applicant would be in position to challenge Refusal case through Review process.

Thanks,
Rajesh.

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:27 pm

I completely agree with sushd!

just send the payslips you have from your company. not every company in UK give you payslips with the logo, as a matter of fact majority of the companies these days get there payslips processed from 3rd party. you only need to get the payslips on letter headed paper and stamped from the employer if its a duplicate.

Hope this helps

Regards

JESSIES

Post by JESSIES » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:28 pm

Hi

thanks for that Junior. My payslips look the ones listed on the first site you mentioned http://www.payslipsp60.co.uk/

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:53 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:sushdmehta,

Information on UKBA site and guidance notes are bible for applicants. Your practical experience might work if payslips are issued by UK based employer. But, for rest of the world, guidelines notes should be followed, specially if applicants in applying from India. Otherwise, no applicant would be in position to challenge Refusal case through Review process.

Thanks,
Rajesh.
Don't get worked up, my friend. I haven't said anywhere that people should go against or not follow the policy guidance.

It is just that I had read OP's other posts on the forum and was already aware that the OP is an in-country applicant and is refering to UK payslips. Hence my first response ... the way it is .. is specific and relevant to UK applicants. I agree though that this fact should have been made clear by OP in this thread itself so as to not confuse applicants from elsewhere (e.g. - you).

Moreover, OP has clearly mentioned in her query that the payslips are printed on "official payslip paper" and show the company name and address, which fully satisfies the condition in the guidance which states "These should be either formal payslips or on company headed paper". Please bear in mind that company headed paper doesn't necessarily mean a *company letter-head with a logo*.

Hope this clarifies.

regards