ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint Complaint to BHC - EC funds -joint accounts issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ravib

Joint Complaint to BHC - EC funds -joint accounts issue

Post by ravib » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:37 pm

Hi All,

With effect from 19th Jun 2008, Joint accounts are not accepted to show the maintenance funds part of Visa Application.

This change damaged many applicants , those who all are in transitional arrangements.

We all need to make a joint complaint about this change..

Please respond and lets plan how to make it.

Regards
Ravi

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:09 pm

If you need help, you can quote the following paragraph from guidance notes for Tier 1 applicants across the world(which would include India as well):
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... intenance/
How we assess maintenance (funds)
Maintenance (funds) can include:
* cash savings in your account that have been in your account for at least three months before your application;
* funds held in a joint account that have been in your joint account for at least three months before your application;
* funds held in a account overseas (we convert the amount to pounds sterling using the rate which appears on the OANDA website, which you can finds on the right of this page, and the date on your bank statement), that have been in your account for at least three months before your application.

You can point out the inconsistency of UKBIA (and VFS) in forcing applicants to submit evidence which is not required by immigration rules.

There are few threads here (for Indian applicants), which have proof of UKBIA/VFS asking following documents:
1. 10th, 12th marksheets
2. Accommodation proof
3. Not accepting Joint account, etc.

I know that logic given by UKBIA/VFS is that these documents strengthen your application, but they should not be mandatory, and UKBIA should not threaten or refuse applications because these documents are not provided.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:17 pm

Is there anyone whose EC has been refused because they had submitted a joint account? Or is it that BHC has only mentioned it on phone/email? I am not sure how far verbal information or emails from them are to be trusted as it seems their customer care cell is mostly useless.

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:29 pm

Some body on this forum had his EC refused from Chennai BHC for maintenance funds because he showed joint account with his mother. (I am feeling too lazy to use the search facility :) )

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:00 pm

Read this

See also this and this

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ravib

Mails from DBHC, Chennai

Post by ravib » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:24 am

Hi All,

See the following mail from Chennai BHC , during May ' 2008 :

"From: Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk [mailto:Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:14 AM

Sir,

As a general rule each single applicant will be required to produce evidence that they have £2,800 at their disposal. This money should be immediately available in sterling in the UK or there should be formal authority to transfer it to the UK. The funds should be in the applicant's name or in a joint account with a married, unmarried or civil partner. If it is in a savings account, the funds must have been held for at least 3 months. Should the money be in a current account the account must have been active for at least 6 months and show regular salary or other income in line with the applicant's stated occupation. If the money is held in trust it must be at the applicant's disposal and not administered by others.
Applicants must provide documentary evidence detailing the source of any funds that have entered their account(s) within the last 3 months, for example fixed deposits, receipts and/or legal documents relating to the sale of assets.

This is a mandatory requirement and the chances of relaxation are very remote.

Yours faithfully
Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission, Chennai "

Based on the above mail confirmation , I maintained the funds in my wife account and now last week , when I enquired , they have sent me the following mail :
"
From: Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk [mailto:Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:33 AM

Subject: RE: Clarification regarding Funds in Joint Account

Dear Mr Ravi Kumar,

Thank you for your e-mail.

You must provide evidence of a minimum of £2800 held in one or more accounts in your name only (no joint accounts acceptable even with spouse). Bank statement must show a final balance no older than 1 week prior to the date of application. The funds should have been held for the last 3 months.
FDs are acceptable if accompanied by an original bank letter stating they are instantly encashable for a known sum, and we can be sure they have been held for the 3-month period.

In this instance, the joint account will not be acceptable for the principal applicant (yourself), however, it will be acceptable for your spouse's maintenance requirement.

Hope the above clarifies.

Yours truly,

dr
UK Border Agency
Visa Services
Visa Support Officer
Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission,Chennai "

I complained about this to British High Commission , New Delhi , British Deputy High Commission , Chennai and EC managers .. here are the responses from them :

From: Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk [mailto:Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:49 AM

"Dear Mr Ravikumar,

I do acknowledge that the previous mail was sent by our Office and unfortunately for you there has been a change as of 19th June 2008 where in the HSMP unit in Inda (visa sections in Chennai,Delhi and Mumbai) have decided that joint accounts (even with the spouse) are not being acceptable.

Yours truly,

UK Border Agency
Visa Services
Visa Support Officer
Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission,Chennai "

Here is the response from the EC manager :

"Dear Mr Ravi Kumar Bommasani,

As mentioned in the previous mail, Immigration rules are not static and are
bound to changes. We do not have the authority to waive Immigration rules
and in this instance, we cannot accept a joint account for your HSMP
application.

Yours sincerely,

Entry Clearance Manager
British Deputy High Commission
Chennai
Visa Services
UK Border Agency """

Adding to that the ECM is saying you would have filed for EC , immediately after getting your approval ......then why the validity for the letter is 6 months ....

My initial approval expies by this July 26th 2008 and Now I am in trouble ...If they change rules overnigt ,,, our 3 months period wont pass overnight.

This decision damaged many applicants who are in transitional arrangements..........

I have complained about this to many higher authorities , but no one responded.

AS long as we dont unite and make complaints , things would like this only . they changes the decisions everyday ....

Folks , we need to do something about this , lets team up and raise our voice to stop this injustice happening to us ..

Senior members : please advice , how to proceed about this.

Regards
Ravi

ravib

Re: Mails from DBHC, Chennai

Post by ravib » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:29 pm

Folks,

Those who all are being affected by this Joint accouns non acceptane for EC , please send your complaint to the following id( explain your case , struggle and mis communication by vfs and BHC etc ) :

hsmp.complaints@gmail.com

I will collect all the complaints and send it to all the higher authorities ( joint complaint ) . Please hurryup before we loose our approval letters.

Senior members : Please encourage people to complain .

Regards
Ravi

ravib

Post by ravib » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:37 am

Hi All,

I have received 3 complaints till now , Please respond ..i will consolidate all the complaints and send it to all the senior officials.

Regards
Ravi

ravib

Post by ravib » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:21 pm

Folks,

Please respond .. We are running out of time.

Regards
Ravi

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:23 pm

Dont do all such things. You will get trapped in the wrong thing. Any country you want to visit will make its own rules and regulations. Just play your cards. You should not have any problems.

Good luck.

Ashwini
ravib wrote:Folks,

Please respond .. We are running out of time.

Regards
Ravi

ravib

Post by ravib » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:22 am

All,

Finally BHC considered my complaints and said "OK" for Joint account with Spouse .. I am going ahead applying for EC ...Thanks.

Regards
Ravi

deepa_nebu
Newly Registered

Post by deepa_nebu » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:05 am

Thats a good news Ravi.
Is this valid in our case only or has the BHC India reverted its stand on the Joint Account issue?
Thanks, deepa.
ravib wrote:All,

Finally BHC considered my complaints and said "OK" for Joint account with Spouse .. I am going ahead applying for EC ...Thanks.

Regards
Ravi

ravib

Post by ravib » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:23 am

Hi Deepa,

BHC India reverted its stand on the Joint Account issue. They are now OK with Joint accounts with spouse ..

Regards
ravi

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:14 pm

ravib wrote:All,

Regards
Ravi
Good to hear. See how your efforts have proved beneficial .. not only for yourself, but hopefully for everyone applying from India.

The moral - if you take things lying down, you'll always be taken advantage of. But it is better to raise a voice because there is more to lose if you do nothing.

Some people like to lose and will always discourage you from doing the right thing or take a risk. Some people will encourage you to raise a voice and speak out in the hope of a better outcome. It is up to you to decide which way you want to go ..... and this time it helped you BIG time, isn't it? :lol:

All the best.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:29 pm

deepa_nebu wrote:Thats a good news Ravi.
Is this valid in our case only or has the BHC India reverted its stand on the Joint Account issue?
Thanks, deepa.
I would advise you (and to everyone in general) to check with BHC directly, so that there is no doubt whatsoever that this reversal is not case-specific (ravib's application only) but for public at large.

regards

ravib

Post by ravib » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi Mehta,

Thanks for the mail.

Effective from 7th Jul 2008 , BHC is accepting Joint accounts with Spouse. they made it a rule for everyone ...

Regards
Ravi

srinivasan_pts
Newly Registered

My Visa application got rejected - joint account

Post by srinivasan_pts » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:05 am

My application was rejected by VFS for maintaining the fund in Joint account with my father.

I needs to wait for another three months.

ravib

Re: My Visa application got rejected - joint account

Post by ravib » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:34 am

Hi All,

Finally I have applied for EC along with my spouse on 14th July 2008 . Both our passports got stamped for 3 Years on 25th July 2008.

Regards
Ravi