ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

International student marriage in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

infouk
Newly Registered

International student marriage in UK

Post by infouk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:34 pm

1. What are the rules and regulations for two international students, both on student visa to get married in UK?
2. How much does it cost to get married in the court?
3. Can one of them change his status to dependent after they get married?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:57 pm

Using your numbering :-
  1. You will both need to get a CoA ... Certificate of Approval to Marry. The cost of each of those applications will be £295.
  2. In the UK you do not get married in Court. You get married at a Register Office, or a registered Place of Public Worship, or at another sort of registered place. The cost will vary dependent upon the venue. But after the CoAs have been issued, the two of you will need to go to a Register Office and give the required Notice of Intention to Marry. When that has been posted openly in the Register Office for 15 days you will be issued with permission to marry.
  3. Yes
In view of the cost of the two CoA applications, you might find it cheaper to get married outside the UK, for example in your own country, but this will depend upon cost of getting there and back, and whether you were going there anyway.
John

infouk
Newly Registered

Post by infouk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:24 am

Thanks John
I'll enquire abt it. Thanks for the suggestion but I think for me it's cheaper to get married in UK because airfare is expensive and more than the application fee.