ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No UK entry stamp from 2019 affecting ILR application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raynory
Newly Registered

No UK entry stamp from 2019 affecting ILR application?

Post by raynory » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:13 pm

Hi all,

Since some time around May 2019, UK Border allows selective foreign nationals, i.e. Canadians & Australians entering the country through E-gates without getting an entry stamp.

When applying for ILR people need to provide evidence of travel. My question is, will this new procedure create difficulties in ILR application? Especially some countries like Canada doesn't give exit stamps. So by just looking at the passport stamps, there is no way to tell how long a person has left UK for. I'm sure they keep e-records on the system somewhere. But just wondering if I should take the more convenience e-gates or is worth going through the trouble asking for an entry stamp.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: No UK entry stamp from 2019 affecting ILR application?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:36 pm

HO will have the electronic and airline passenger information.

No travellers leaving the UK get exit stamps.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raynory
Newly Registered

Re: No UK entry stamp from 2019 affecting ILR application?

Post by raynory » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:08 pm

Yes - but people used to get entry stamp, which could be no more. Does it slow down the process when people apply for ILR because UKBA needs to validate more things?