ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLS HELP EU HUSBAND ARRESTED

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

soul101
Newly Registered

PLS HELP EU HUSBAND ARRESTED

Post by soul101 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:59 am

MY EU husband was arrested . will been married for 4years ,
he was arrested at his girlfriend place ,train ticket fraud , at this point he has not been granted bail ,
am so upset and feel betrayed , since he started doing this , we have been having issues with our marriage , he rarely comes home .he was living the life out there ,
anyway the police trace him to where he spend most of his time , and caught him there .
am worried if this will affect my status in the UK , am so confused , don't know what to do
if he goes to prison , how will he excise treaty right there ,

we married in 2015 got my residence card in 2016 and it will expire 2021

PLS I need advice on the next step to take , don't really know what is going to happen with his case , we have court on Friday

trubar312
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: PLS HELP EU HUSBAND ARRESTED

Post by trubar312 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:07 pm

If he does end up in prison, he'll still be in the UK which is what matters. The rules on exercising treaty rights were relaxed a bit, so he only now needs to be resident in the UK.

That being said, I don't think he would spend time in jail. He#ll probably just get a fine if it's a minor issue like that. But i'll advice that you apply for the pre-settled status now. It's free.

soul101
Newly Registered

Post by soul101 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:38 pm

thanks alot , it not a minor offence , they realise everyone except him :(
,l already have a residence card that expire in 2021 , do l need to for pre settled again

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:09 am

trubar312 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:07 pm
If he does end up in prison, he'll still be in the UK which is what matters. The rules on exercising treaty rights were relaxed a bit, so he only now needs to be resident in the UK.

That being said, I don't think he would spend time in jail. He#ll probably just get a fine if it's a minor issue like that. But i'll advice that you apply for the pre-settled status now. It's free.

Ticket fraud minor issue ??? Police don't knock on your door if it's minor ticket issue. never ... it's a serious issue that's why police involved .. I think he was printing train ticket at home or something like this..

An EEA national who has been in the UK for less than 10 years, and does not have a right of permanent residence, can be deported if the decision is taken on ‘grounds of public policy, public security or public health’. If an EEA national has a right of permanent residence, however, the justification needs to be stronger.

have a look at this ...

https://www.landmarkchambers.co.uk/wp-c ... -Cases.pdf
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

mezien
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by mezien » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:41 am