ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for Citizenship, meanwhile Passport need to renew

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niksire
Newly Registered
Ireland

Applied for Citizenship, meanwhile Passport need to renew

Post by niksire » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:44 am

Hello Friends,

If someone can help me with my situation, I have applied for citizenship in April 2018, My Passport is expiring on 20th October 2019, I have to renew the passport soon.

My question is do I need to sent the original passport to the Citizenship department in order to notify the change in my application details or I can just email them the copy of new passport.

I have just received the 2nd stage letter on 9th June 2019.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
N

iamok
Ireland

Re: Applied for Citizenship, meanwhile Passport need to renew

Post by iamok » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:39 am

I would suggest to send them the copy of your passport in the post along with the email. I have sent them copies of updated documents on email before and they don't acknowledge the email. They usually acknowledge receipt of documents through post or you can also check the anpost receipt to confirm your documents were received by them. Given the current delays in the application process, I think it would be best to have documentation of whatever information you've sent them so post + email would be best option to have all your bases covered. I hope that helps!