ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filling ILR (set-o) and need assistance.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR due mid next year. Need your assistance. Please advice.

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:19 pm

There is no longer a 60 days employment gap so obviously there is no 'restriction'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cracker1234

Re: ILR due mid next year. Need your assistance. Please advice.

Post by cracker1234 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:28 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:19 pm
There is no longer a 60 days employment gap so obviously there is no 'restriction'.
Super. Thanks a lot CR001..

cracker1234

Filling ILR (set-o) and need assistance.

Post by cracker1234 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:38 pm

Hi All,

Hope everyone doing great.
I am T2G applicant and eligible to apply ILR in May this year.

Started filling the online application and had some queries. Can you kindly clarify ?
--- Do you have an immigration adviser based in the UK?
>> I am not taking any advice from a solicitor. so NO ?

-- Home Address
-- How many days, weeks, months or years have you lived at this address? (--3 months)
>> I have recently moved to my current address. As per my knowledge and with my previous experience, any authority usually asks for upto 3 years addresses. In my current address, I am staying since last 3 months so enter 3 months for this query. It's not asking me to enter any previous addresses to make it 3 years. Is it correct or am I missing something ?

-- Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
>> I had few business trips to USA, NZ and Singapore around 10 years back, Do I still need to provide these ?

--Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
>> My bank account is only in my name so 'NO' for this question?
But utility is in both (husband & wife) names.
Do I need to submit council tax letter ?
If no, can I select 'NO' for this question ?

-- Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
>> I presume this is 'NO' ?
Are they talking about employer paying salary as third party ?

-- Evidence of Mr xxxxx xxxxx immigration status in the UK
>> will BRP suffice this ?

-- For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website
>> which documents do I need to submit for this ?

Few more queries on my application and the supporting documents :-
** I will be eligible to apply for ILR (28 days before 5 years anniversary) on 11th May, 2019.
Do I need to wait till 11th May to submit my application or I can submit now and book an appointment on or after 11th ?
** Do I need to submit any letter from my previous employer with whom I was employed less than a year ? I was never outside of UK during that time.
** As I was made redundant by my first employer and was not in work for around 3 months before joining my current employer. I received Tax refunds from HMRC for that year. I claimed that refund, will it be a problem ?

About supporting documents :
I have gone through several posts and found that below are the documents that need to be submitted. Please clarify :
a) Passports (old & new)
b) BRP
c) National Identity Card
d) Degree Certificate and NARIC statements
e) 3 months Bank Statement (work as address proof as well)
f) Letter from EMployer confirming my position, salary and needed for foreseeable future.
g) Absence letter
h) Life In UK Test Certificate
i) 3 months Payslip.

Do I need to submit council tax letter (for address proof) ?
Any other documents, please let me know.

TIA.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Filling ILR (set-o) and need assistance.

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:44 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:21 pm

Hi CR001, Apologies for posting on different thread and thanks for merging them.

Can someone please assist on this ? TIA.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:05 am

cracker1234 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:38 pm
Hi All,

Hope everyone doing great.
I am T2G applicant and eligible to apply ILR in May this year.

Started filling the online application and had some queries. Can you kindly clarify ?

-- Home Address
-- How many days, weeks, months or years have you lived at this address? (--3 months)
>> I have recently moved to my current address. As per my knowledge and with my previous experience, any authority usually asks for upto 3 years addresses. In my current address, I am staying since last 3 months so enter 3 months for this query. It's not asking me to enter any previous addresses to make it 3 years. Is it correct or am I missing something ?

-- Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
>> I had few business trips to USA, NZ and Singapore around 10 years back, Do I still need to provide these ?

--Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?

-- Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?

-- For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. For further information concerning the evidence required, please refer to the Tier 2 migrant policy guidance on our website

** I will be eligible to apply for ILR (28 days before 5 years anniversary) on 11th May, 2019.
Do I need to wait till 11th May to submit my application or I can submit now and book an appointment on or after 11th ?
** Do I need to submit any letter from my previous employer with whom I was employed less than a year ? I was never outside of UK during that time.
** As I was made redundant by my first employer and was not in work for around 3 months before joining my current employer. I received Tax refunds from HMRC for that year. I claimed that refund, will it be a problem ?

I have gone through several posts and found that below are the documents that need to be submitted. Please clarify :
a) Passports (old & new)
b) BRP
f) Letter from EMployer confirming my position, salary and needed for foreseeable future.
g) Absence letter
i) 3 months Payslip.

Any other documents, please let me know.

TIA.
Hi all & experts,
Please can you advice on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:18 am

Note that such very long posts with questions, which have been covered 100s of times, are slightly off putting to members which is likely why no one has responded.
Correct.
-- Home Address
If it is not asking for more details, then leave it out.
LIVED and not VISITED.
Is your spouse applying with you for ILR and submitting evidence of cohabitation???

NOT your employer, any other person.
Yes.

None if you have only held Tier 1. This is mainly for those combining Tier 1 and Tier 2 time to make up 5 years.
1. Yes, date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT your biometric appointment date. Only submit when you are within the 28 day period before your qualifying date.
2. No, not if you had not absence.
3. No.

a) Passports (old & new)
b) BRP
g) Absence letter
i) 3 months Payslip.
c) Nationality Identity Card NOT required.
No, the form does NOT ask for address proof if only you applying without your dependent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:30 pm

Many more thanks CR001 for your response. Apologies for the long post.
Making it small now as most of them are cleared to me.
LIVED and not VISITED.
Visited Singapore for a week and Lived for few months in USA & NZ.
so Singapore can be ignored ?
Is your spouse applying with you for ILR and submitting evidence of cohabitation???
No, dependent completing 5 years jan 2020 so applying later. So not required to submit council tax letter?
None if you have only held Tier 1. This is mainly for those combining Tier 1 and Tier 2 time to make up 5 years.
great no need to submit as only with T2G.
1. Yes, date of application is the date you submit and pay online and NOT your biometric appointment date. Only submit when you are within the 28 day period before your qualifying date.
2. No, not if you had not absence.
3. No
Thanks.. 1. will wait till 11th to 13th May to submit my application. Now saving my details.
c) Nationality Identity Card NOT required.
ok
No, the form does NOT ask for address proof if only you applying without your dependent.
That's great. So, only selected 'Yes' for Home Office verification in the consent and will sign the downloaded consent letter
and rest two (joint a/c or utility consent and third-party financial support) select 'No' as submitting individual bank a/c statement and no need to sign the downloaded consent letter as not submitting (joint) council tax letter?

Can I request the absence letter and employer letter now or need to wait till 28days before 5 years ?

TIA.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:08 am

Some more queries. could you please clarify ?
-- Visited Singapore so it can be ignored from the list of countries previously lived outside the UK ?
-- Dependant completing 5 years jan 2020 so applying later. So not need to submit council tax letter ?
-- Need to select 'Yes' only for Home Office verification in the consent and sign the downloaded letter ?
-- Need to select 'No' for utility or joint a/c consent as no joint account and not submitting council tax letter as dependant applying later and no need to sign the downloaded consent letter?
-- Can I request the absence letter and employer letter now or need to wait till 28days before 5 years ?
TIA.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:21 am

-- Visited Singapore so it can be ignored from the list of countries previously lived outside the UK ?

Yes, as you visited and did not LIVE there. It must however be included on your absence schedule in the form.
-- Dependant completing 5 years jan 2020 so applying later. So not need to submit council tax letter ?
I have answered this already. What exactly was unclear in my previous response???
-- Need to select 'Yes' only for Home Office verification in the consent and sign the downloaded letter ?
Yes.
-- Need to select 'No' for utility or joint a/c consent as no joint account and not submitting council tax letter as dependant applying later and no need to sign the downloaded consent letter?
Any documents or accounts (bank included) you are using that are in joint names with your spouse you must tick yes.
-- Can I request the absence letter and employer letter now or need to wait till 28days before 5 years ?
Within 28 days before APPLYING not the full 5 years.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:42 pm

Many thanks again CR001.
Yes, as you visited and did not LIVE there. It must however be included on your absence schedule in the form.
This visit (or live) is around 10 years back, do I still need to include in absence letter ?
-- Dependant completing 5 years jan 2020 so applying later. So not need to submit council tax letter (CTL) ?
I have answered this already. What exactly was unclear in my previous response???
thanks. will not submit CTL as applying alone.
so can request within 28 days before my date of submitting the application ? am i correct ?

Few more queries : -
-- I have seen the name "Sopra Steria" in other post, is it the third-party agency who collects the documents for Home office ? My confusion is am I using the correct link to submit my ILR application ?
I am using this link - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-o

--- Reading other's posts sorry if I am wrong.. i have seen there is only 1 downloaded consent form for home office(HO), joint account and third-party consents. If I sign only the HO consent and rest two keep blank. Is that correct ?

TIA.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:04 pm

CR001 & other experts,

sorry for my layman queries..
Please reply whenever you can.. TIA.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:30 pm

cracker1234 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:42 pm
Many thanks again CR001.
This visit (or live) is around 10 years back, do I still need to include in absence letter ?
-- Dependant completing 5 years jan 2020 so applying later. So not need to submit council tax letter (CTL) ?
thanks. will not submit CTL as applying alone.
so can request within 28 days before my date of submitting the application ? am i correct ?

Few more queries : -
-- I have seen the name "Sopra Steria" in other post, is it the third-party agency who collects the documents for Home office ? My confusion is am I using the correct link to submit my ILR application ?
I am using this link - https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-o

--- Reading other's posts sorry if I am wrong.. i have seen there is only 1 downloaded consent form for home office(HO), joint account and third-party consents. If I sign only the HO consent and rest two keep blank. Is that correct ?

TIA.
Thanks again to everyone.
I have got the answer for Sopra Steria (SoS). They have been awarded the UKVI contract on 17th May, 2018 (https://www.gov.uk/government/news/sopr ... i-contract). So, I am following the correct link for ILR (set-0) but need to submit documents to SoS.

Can you please clarify the rest of the queries ? TIA..

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:57 am

Good morning all, Can someone please reply ?
Your response will be highly appreciated. TIA.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Many thanks to everyone specially CR001.
I have got answers for most of my queries.

Few of them which I was waiting for clarification are also clarified, but there are still some of them. Kindly correct me if I am wrong and provide your valuable suggestions.

1. Now, I know any holidays spent outside of UK in last 5 years need to be included in the Absence letter?
2. Beyond 5 years, any place visited not required to include in the application, but if lived outside of UK(not home country), then include them.
3. Can get absence letter and employer letter 28 days before the date of application (DOA). Can the bank statement also be collected 28 days before DOA ?
4. I may be reading incorrectly please correct me if I am wrong - Reading other's posts, i have seen there is only 1 downloaded consent form collating home office(HO), joint account and third-party consents. If I sign only the HO consent portion and the rest two keep blank. Is that correct ?

Please response. TIA.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:10 am

Many thanks to everyone for your guidance.
I am not sure why no one is replying my post. Apologies if I have done wrong in any ways, but I will be always grateful to you guys for your guidance..

I might have only few queries. please do reply me.

1. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
-- Now I have understood that I need to enter my country of birth as I lived there including other countries that I lived other than UK. My query is the application asks for "Date you lived there from" and "Date you lived there to" ? As I was born in my native country, do I need to enter from the date of birth till the day I traveled outside and again enter when I come back to my country and traveled outside details.
E.g. Suppose I was born on 1st Jan 1984. Went to US on 1st Jan, 2005. Came back from US on 1st May 2005 and lived in my country till 1st Jan, 2008. Again went to NZ on 1st Jan, 2008 and came back on 1st MAy 2008. Again came to UK on 1st June, 2014 and living here. So, I need to fill the form as below :
Native country from 01/01/1984 to 01/01/2005.
US from 01/01/2005 to 01/05/2005.
Native country from 01/05/2005 to 01/01/2008
NZ from 01/01/2008 to 01/05/2008
Native country from 01/01/2008 to 01/06/2014.

2. Is there only one downloaded consent form ?
Please please correct me if I am wrong. TIA.

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:18 am

1. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?
-- Now I have understood that I need to enter my country of birth as I lived there including other countries that I lived other than UK. My query is the application asks for "Date you lived there from" and "Date you lived there to" ? As I was born in my native country, do I need to enter from the date of birth till the day I traveled outside and again enter when I come back to my country and traveled outside details.
E.g. Suppose I was born on 1st Jan 1984. Went to US on 1st Jan, 2005. Came back from US on 1st May 2005 and lived in my country till 1st Jan, 2008. Again went to NZ on 1st Jan, 2008 and came back on 1st MAy 2008. Again came to UK on 1st June, 2014 and living here. So, I need to fill the form as below :
Is this correct ?

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:18 am

Is this correct ?

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:49 am

Hi CR001, Zimba, Vinny, Casa, moonlight, Frontier, iworker and others,

Can anyone reply please! Appreciate your help in advance..

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Sun May 12, 2019 12:13 pm

Had an appointment yesterday at 10 am and got email at 1 p.m. that my ILR is granted.
Thanks everybody specially our dear CR001 for answering my queries when I posted..
All the best to others. Happy to answer your queries if I can.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:08 am

Congrats, good to hear :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cracker1234

Post by cracker1234 » Mon May 13, 2019 9:27 am

Thank you very much CR001.. You deserve a lot than a thank message. Your contribution to this forum is really incomparable and I do highly appreciate that. I would like to personally convey my gratitude, but as I can't, I will pray for you that all your wishes and dreams come true.. Take Care:)

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:29 am

Hello Cracker1234,

Congrats for your ILR.
Could you please elaborate on what answers you went with in your application for the section : Have you previously lived in a country outside the uk including your country of birth ?

As they are less are than 6 months, are they still considered as Lived in ?