ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 on passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Myself_andI
Greece

Re: Stamp 4 on passport

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:55 am

jeremiah_oluwaseun wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:26 pm
Tell her to give you in a written, why she will not stamp your wife's passport.
Take a note with you there, this has worked for me.
Any office i go and they refused me, i will tell them to write it down while i also write every information from them.
Its called keeping records
With that, they will not mess with you
Thank you very much for the advise!I will definitely do it.

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 am

Obie wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:22 pm
What did they say when you went there today?
I send an email to INIS and I they called my wife and asked her if they refused to be given the card and she said no.He also asked her about the documents. And the guy told her NOT to go and collect the card until he notifies her.
What is that now? Trouble? Why not to go and collect the card? they called me to but I missed the call and there is no way to call them back.

They email I've sent was the bellow:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing because I have came across a situation to a local Garda station regarding my wife's stamp 4 IRP card.

We have recently got the letter from the Government that she can go to the Garda station and start the procedure to take the IRP card.
In the letter my wife was directed to take specific documentation with her:
1, The letter
2. Her passport
3.My passport as EU citizen
4, Marriage certificate

We did so and we also brought:
1. Her PPS card
2. A bank statement in her name
3. RTB letter in he name
4. Two Utility bills with both our names

However the Garda immigration officer kept insisting that she wants to see the lease of my apartment with my wife's name on it. I have repeatedly explain that it cannot be amended, as per the agency's reply, unless the contract expires.
Also, she requested my work contact and my lease in original form as well as letters from the agency proving that the lease cannot be amended.

I am writing to ask if this is normal. Is it normal to deviate from the original letter of the government and if so, i don't understand why the immigration officer requests so many proof of residence from my wife where for naturalization process 3 are enough and now we have provided more than 3 and she is still not satisfied.

Can you please enlighten me as to why this is happening and why there is such ad deviation from other Garda immigration officers?

jeremiah_oluwaseun
Italy

Post by jeremiah_oluwaseun » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:37 pm

Don't worry when the card is ready, they will notify her
In Dublin, the card takes 2 weeks to arrive and outside Dublin 3 weeks according to the GNIB's staff at Dublin.
On Friday send a message again.
Remember those guys are slow most times

Myself_andI wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:17 am
Obie wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:22 pm
What did they say when you went there today?
I send an email to INIS and I they called my wife and asked her if they refused to be given the card and she said no.He also asked her about the documents. And the guy told her NOT to go and collect the card until he notifies her.
What is that now? Trouble? Why not to go and collect the card? they called me to but I missed the call and there is no way to call them back.

They email I've sent was the bellow:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing because I have came across a situation to a local Garda station regarding my wife's stamp 4 IRP card.

We have recently got the letter from the Government that she can go to the Garda station and start the procedure to take the IRP card.
In the letter my wife was directed to take specific documentation with her:
1, The letter
2. Her passport
3.My passport as EU citizen
4, Marriage certificate

We did so and we also brought:
1. Her PPS card
2. A bank statement in her name
3. RTB letter in he name
4. Two Utility bills with both our names

However the Garda immigration officer kept insisting that she wants to see the lease of my apartment with my wife's name on it. I have repeatedly explain that it cannot be amended, as per the agency's reply, unless the contract expires.
Also, she requested my work contact and my lease in original form as well as letters from the agency proving that the lease cannot be amended.

I am writing to ask if this is normal. Is it normal to deviate from the original letter of the government and if so, i don't understand why the immigration officer requests so many proof of residence from my wife where for naturalization process 3 are enough and now we have provided more than 3 and she is still not satisfied.

Can you please enlighten me as to why this is happening and why there is such ad deviation from other Garda immigration officers?

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:59 pm

So guys a quick update.

My complaint to INIS was for nothing.

I was informed that a Garda officer can do and ask whatever they want and that they are operating separately from INIS.also,i was instructed, if I have any problems to take it up with the specific Garda.

So, that’s that.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:31 pm

That is bullocks, the GNIB works under the directions of the minister of Justice. It is absurd for the minister to write and tell you he is powerless to do anything about the Garda. That is outrageous and beyond the realms of rationality and logical justification and explanation.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:36 pm

Obie wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:31 pm
That is bullocks, the GNIB works under the directions of the minister of Justice. It is absurd for the minister to write and tell you he is powerless to do anything about the Garda. That is outrageous and beyond the realms of rationality and logical justification and explanation.
I copy pasted the email I received bellow.

Dear .....,

This is at the discretion of An Garda Siochana and nothing to do with this
office.

If you have any problems in this regard please take up with An Garda
Siochana

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:41 pm

The court has ruled on the powers of the minister. It will be outrageous for an ordinary immigration officer to seek to frustrate a person's substantive EU rights.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Myself_andI
Greece

Post by Myself_andI » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:41 am

We went to Garda on the 28th of May and we still we have not been called back to get the Stamp 4 and card.

Should I be worried?We are outside Dublin in Kildare