ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel insurance

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Travel insurance

Post by blastbass » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi all,

I could use a bit of advice in terms of travel insurance for me wife.

She has a C-Visa approved for a qualifying Spouse of an EU Citizen to join me here in Ireland. Now I don't know if she needs travel insurance when arriving at the border. Some say it's a mus some say it's not required. So ... I'm utterly confused what now to go for. She currenly resides in Austria and due to her residence title she's insured there but not in Ireland.

So does she needs now to have travel insurance when entering the country or not?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Travel insurance

Post by littlerr » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:20 pm

Some say it’s not required? That couldn’t be more incorrect. Ireland requires a travel/medical insurance for most types of visas, short or long stay.
If your visa is approved, you must have evidence of medical/travel insurance when you arrive at the port of entry (airport/seaport) and must present it to the Immigration Officer on request.

blastbass
Mood:
Germany

Post by blastbass » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Good to know !

So as she will arrive with the intention of long term staying (requested applications will be filed when in state as per Visa condition) for how long she should have the travel insurance?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:07 pm

As her intention is to reside in Ireland, you just need a single-trip travel insurance from Austria that covers the date of the travel and maybe a few days/weeks after that, followed by a health insurance from Ireland that covers the first year of her residence.