ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR after divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Minwa
Andorra

PR after divorce

Post by Minwa » Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 am

Hi everyone ,
I am new to this forum and I’ve gone through few updates which I found very useful thank you very much for your genuine help for those in need .
I have applied for permanent residence after divorce .
I submitted all the required supporting including my Ex’s ID and emlpoyment history in the uk for 5 years , I received the Coa on the February the 19 th , and I requested my Ex’s ID as she asked for it on April the 12 th , but still no answer .
My question is any similar cases please to share their experience and I know some people have applied nearly in the same time and the had their PR cards already .
And what do You GUYS MEAN by online STATUS DeCIDED and PENDING . Can we track the application ?
Thank you very much in advance .
Minwa

Faizanhakim
India

Re: PR after divorce

Post by Faizanhakim » Thu May 23, 2019 4:01 am

Hi

Have you had any update as I am in same boat as you

Timelines

Visa process
Payment taken 28th feb
Email received - 7th March
Biometrics received - 21st March dated 18th March
Biometrics done 22nd March
Documents return request - 13th May
Coa letter received
Documents received with PR approved
Card received

Really getting worried

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Tue May 28, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi ,
Just un update to my previous post that I am still waiting no news yet

Qur123
Newly Registered

Post by Qur123 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 4:01 am
Hi

Have you had any update as I am in same boat as you

Timelines

Visa process
Payment taken 28th feb
Email received - 7th March
Biometrics received - 21st March dated 18th March

Biometrics done 22nd March
Documents return request - 13th May
Coa letter received
Documents received with PR approved
Card received

Really getting worried
Guys any update on your cases yet? I am in exactly same situation. Wondering how long they are taking nowdays.

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:08 pm

:roll:
Minwa wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:03 pm
Hi ,
Just un update to my previous post that I am still waiting no news yet. And my solicitor said there’s nothing we can do but wait as I mentioned before that requested my ex’s ID more than a month ago but still no news .many people I know applied after me and got their PRs already .
Now it’s been 4 months .

shahg123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahg123 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:21 am

hi any update yet? i am on same situation like you.

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 am

It’s been 4 month and half months and still no answer . Could you please share your timetable .

Qur123
Newly Registered

Post by Qur123 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:53 pm

Nothing for me yet. Not even CoA. Just waiting

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:14 am

Hi all

After waiting all this time. Few of my freind suggested to apply for settlement scheme ehich is much quicker, I gave myself time for 2 more weeks and nothing so last Thursday I applied for settlement scheme and called them informing that all my documents are with home office. They said it’s fine and asked me to book biometrics which I did for next day premium service paid £125. Hopefully will receive answer soon with this one

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 am

I did called them as well , but they said you need your passport to do the biometric and it is still with the home office as well as the supporting documents , so which document are you gonna show when doing your biometrics , please let us updated .
Thanks

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:08 am

That’s exactly what they told me at first place then I called again and they said no it’s fine we have had lots of cases like this and they left a note on my application of settlement application that my passport and documents are with home office. When I went to give biometrics they were fine with that and just took my biometrics as I uploaded picture of most of the documents which luckily I took before sending application

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Good , hopefully it will go through your application , as I didn’t call them since then , and they were like “ why they should keep your passport for 4 months “ it’s we are applying with totally different sections , anyway I wish you a good luck and if you could briefly mention what kind of documents you had uploaded that would lovely , as I might do the same thing as you did .
Thank you .
And I will update as well if any news .
Have a good weekend .

Khan2018
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Khan2018 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Dear Friends

Hi just making a quick enquiry regarding my PR, I have got married in October 2014 and I was granted my first residence card in 2016. I was then divorced in 2018 and had received my decree absolute same year.
Since we were married my ex wife was exercising her treaty rights throughout these years until she have received decree absolute. I then applied for retained rights and I got my retained rights in 2018.
I have been full time in employed since 2015 until present time.
My question here is ‘Will my 5 year legal term count from the date of marriage’ and when I’m going to be eligible for PR.

Thanks

Best Regards
Bilal

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:43 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:08 am
That’s exactly what they told me at first place then I called again and they said no it’s fine we have had lots of cases like this and they left a note on my application of settlement application that my passport and documents are with home office. When I went to give biometrics they were fine with that and just took my biometrics as I uploaded picture of most of the documents which luckily I took before sending application
Hi faizandhakim
I hope you ok , would please kindly update about your application with the new scheme

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:27 am

Hi minwa

There is no update as yet. Called resolution centre and they seemed really helpful and said we are more then happy to process your application ASAP but we are waiting for documents from PR department.

After getting fed up I have contacted my MP she have just sent me letter saying she will have a look into this.

Hoping for some positive outcome this week

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:51 am

Faizanhakim wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:27 am
Hi minwa

There is no update as yet. Called resolution centre and they seemed really helpful and said we are more then happy to process your application ASAP but we are waiting for documents from PR department.

After getting fed up I have contacted my MP she have just sent me letter saying she will have a look into this.

Thanks for your reply .
Wow that’s ridiculous , that’s good you took action with your local MP , I hope you get a positive result very soon .
Me too I am still waiting .
Please update if any news .
Good luck 💪

shahg123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahg123 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:27 am

hi
is there any update on pr application? or who apply for settle status ?i apply for settle status but they said they need to see original ids. and they said i can call pr department to send documents back. update plz if anyone on same situation thanks.

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:00 pm

shahg123 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:27 am
hi
is there any update on pr application? or who apply for settle status ?i apply for settle status but they said they need to see original ids. and they said i can call pr department to send documents back. update plz if anyone on same situation thanks.
Still waiting , but you never shared your timetable for PR , could you please share it here ?
It’s been 5 months now

shahg123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahg123 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:38 am

i am waiting from 3 month and almost 7 days today.

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:20 pm

Faizanhakim wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:27 am
Hi minwa

Hi faizanhakim,
I hope you’re well , just looking forward to hearing from you about your case , is there any development when you contacted your MP , did the Eu settlement scheme people have a chance to proceed your application ? As I am doing the same thing as you but still waiting , this long wait does kill.
Kindly please update .
Thank you .

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi Minwa

So far after giving a call to Pr department couple of time to send me documents back as settlement people needed it and I have to say settlement team is extremely helpful never seen any government body being so helpful. I received my passport back after requesting it twice then then asking for progress report through UKba website. I have today sent my passport to settlement team via post and hoping to see answer in next few days as this wait is killing me and I need to travel back home in urgent basis.

This wait have stopped my life plus messed me completely mentally and financially

Minwa
Andorra

Post by Minwa » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:33 am

Faizanhakim wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:36 pm
Hi Minwa

So far after giving a call to Pr department couple of time to send me documents back as settlement people needed it and I have to say settlement team is extremely helpful never seen any government body being so helpful. I received my passport back after requesting it twice then then asking for progress report through UKba website. I have today sent my passport to settlement team via post and hoping to see answer in next few days as this wait is killing me and I need to travel back home in urgent basis.

This wait have stopped my life plus messed me completely mentally and financially
Hi faizanhakim,
Oh that’s relieving though .
At least you had your passport on you , I am pretty sure you’ll hear good news very soon as you said the eu Settlement people are very helpful , I noticed the same thing when I called them .
Fingers crossed .
I am still waiting but I’m gonna call them as you you did .
Thank you very much for your reply .
And please kindly update and I will do the same thing .
Have a good day

shahg123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shahg123 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:16 am

Faizanhakim wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:36 pm
Hi Minwa

hi did they send your brc as well? or just passport because when i call to settle scheme people they said they want to see my BRC as well please update thanks

Faizanhakim
India

Post by Faizanhakim » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:32 am

They sent everything back but best of luck in chasing them as it’s a night mare

Qur123
Newly Registered

Post by Qur123 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:46 am

Faizanhakim wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:32 am
They sent everything back but best of luck in chasing them as it’s a night mare