ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension to spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

badayuni92

Extension to spouse visa

Post by badayuni92 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:22 pm

Hi all I was wondering if you could help me

I need to apply to extend my wife's visa she was grabyes a 2.5 year visa from India which now needs to be extended

For the extension can you apply via the savings root as opposed to the income root

If so how much savings do you have to show and for what period of time?

I can't seem to find the info about savings anywhere.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Extension to spouse visa

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:58 pm

Yes. These should be at least £62500 and must be possessed during the last 6 months before the date of application either in uk or overseas bank.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

badayuni92

Post by badayuni92 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:32 am

Thanks for that can you tell me how the figure of 62500 is calculated please

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:48 am

badayuni92 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:32 am
Thanks for that can you tell me how the figure of 62500 is calculated please
£18600×2.5+£16000= £62500

Remember the first £16000 are excluded from calculations if you are combining the savings with income to cover the shortfall.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

badayuni92

Extension to spouse visa

Post by badayuni92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi guys was wondering if you could help me please.

I need to apply to extend my wife's spouse Visa it runs out in January.

Can someone help me the below

1. Is there a step by step guide somwhere of what is required?

2. Do you have to provide similar evidence as the initial application? Employment letter, bank statement, proof of relationship, proof that house is big enough? Is there anything else?

3. Can I use my earnings and my wife's earnings to get to the threshold?

4. Does my wife need to do an English test? When we got the first Visa she didn't need to because she has a degree for an english university in india?

5. Her visa expires in January what's the latest I can apply and how long does it take for a decision?

Would be so grateful for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:17 pm

1. Not really. There is an archived paper guidance notes but doesn't give a step by step guide. FLR(M) is an online form and then you choose your service towards the end and book a UKCVAS Sopra Steria appointment for document check and biometrics. You scan/upload your documents before your appointment. Visa fee currently is £1033 PLUS the IHS of £1000.

2. Yes. Plus English A2 for an extension. No property report though or proof of relationship (whatsapp or photos etc), just proof of cohabitation.

3. Yes.

4. Yes, A2 or for a degree, she needs UK NARIC English and comparable assessment, the UKVI Red Route option on NARIC.

5. No sooner than within 28 days before reaching 30 months residence, counted from date she entered the UK (you don't state what this date is) but she must apply before her visa expires. How long it takes depends on if you choose standard service (can take up to 8 weeks) or Super Priority (can be as quick as 24 hours but costs an extra £800).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

badayuni92

Post by badayuni92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:27 pm

Thanks. What sort of things do you need to provide for proof of cohabiting. We live with my parents and all utilities council tax etc are in my fathers name

Also if you dont mind csn you give me a comprehensive list of required documents to use as evidence

Finally can you clarify the English test she needs. She has a degree from an English university in india and so no test was required on the first application. Can you clarify which is the best route please

Thanks

badayuni92

Post by badayuni92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:31 pm

Also is the ielts life skills a2 all that is required ?

badayuni92

Post by badayuni92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:40 pm

Also is ielts a2 just speaking and listening? The information online is very sketchy no clear guidance

badayuni92

Post by badayuni92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:44 pm

Also my wife didn't do the a1 test will she need to do that as well as a2. The home office website seems to suggest so. But again the information is very sketchy

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:54 pm

How come her Indian degree despite in English medium was accepted initially :shock: ? Was it due to being naric assessed?

badayuni92

Post by badayuni92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:09 pm

I think because when we applied in 2017 if you had a degree for an english university it was accpstrd

badayuni92

Post by badayuni92 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Her degree from india is from osmania university in hyderabad which I believe is naric accredited.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:24 pm

badayuni92 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:12 pm
Her degree from india is from osmania university in hyderabad which I believe is naric accredited.
No. NARIC don't give any accreditation to any university rather perform comparability of foreign qualifications against UK degrees to determine its actual level. In my opinion your partner seems well educated who can easily pass even B1 ielts life skills otherwise she may even get her Indian degree be assessed from naric under red route. B1/NARIC comparability seems better option to meet A2 requirement and for future applications too.