ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's British passport after registration - documents required

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jkcool
Mood:
India

Child's British passport after registration - documents required

Post by jkcool » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:34 pm

I am applying (father) for passport for my daughter. I am also applying at the same time.

For my daughter's application they are asking me to send the following:
  • naturalisation or registration certificate
    the passport used to enter the UK
    any current or expired passports from other countries that haven’t been cancelled
    any court orders (for example that describe parental responsibility or residency arrangements)
If you don’t have parental responsibility, also send the following:
  • a signed and dated letter from the mother (or other person with parental responsibility) giving consent for the issue of the child’s new passport

Since I am the father and has parental responsibility, I don't need to send mom's consent letter, right ?

Also, they're not asking to send the birth certificate or any other document to prove parental responsibility. ( She was born outside the UK). Is this normal ?

Another interesting thing is that both of us are sending documents to two different centres (Liverpool and Peterborough) . Strange ?