ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info on Your life outside the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ks2000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Info on Your life outside the UK

Post by ks2000 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:01 am

Hi,

I am helping my father-in-law apply for a spouse visa. His application is straight-forward based on my mother-in-law who is a British Citizen. They have both live abroad for many years and will be coming to the UK together.

The following page https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/provide-information for a "information you must provide" has a section called Your life outside the UK at the bottom of the page that says the following:
Your life outside the UK
You’ll need to give details of:
  • countries outside the UK you’ve lived in and visited
  • family and friends in the countries where you were born or have nationality
I don't understand why we need to provide details of friends and family in the countries where he was born or has nationality, as this was never asked for it on any of the on-line forms.

Can someone please confirm if this is really required and help me with what needs to be provided for this, as there is no guidance information regarding this.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Re: Info on Your life outside the UK

Post by bathanza » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:03 pm

Yes it's required. Immediate family will suffice. I know in certain indian/pakistani families there can be hundreds so the immediate will be fine (brothers, sisters, parents or children, you can mention x amount of cousins)

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

ks2000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ks2000 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:10 pm

Thanks for your reply.

Does anyone know how this information is used as I don't understand the significance of it?

Do I need to say where they live (e.g. same town or different town), is their age important, etc.?

wagawama
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by wagawama » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:23 pm

ks2000 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:10 pm
Thanks for your reply.

Does anyone know how this information is used as I don't understand the significance of it?

Do I need to say where they live (e.g. same town or different town), is their age important, etc.?
I'm confused by this question - it's very open ended.

Immediate family is okay? Parents and siblings? What about friends?

ks2000
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by ks2000 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:51 pm

wagawama wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:23 pm
ks2000 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

I was trying to figure out why they would need this information putting too much or too little would prejudice the outcome. There are various people that could have been included, but some are in other towns while others are nephews/nieces.

Anyway, the visa has since been approved so not important now. :D

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:24 pm

ks2000 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:51 pm
wagawama wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:23 pm
ks2000 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

I was trying to figure out why they would need this information putting too much or too little would prejudice the outcome. There are various people that could have been included, but some are in other towns while others are nephews/nieces.

Anyway, the visa has since been approved so not important now. :D
Maybe the purpose of that question that applicant can still in his own country if he is required to.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.