ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the difference between caution, warning or reprimand

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Tier 2 visa extension.

Post by chipo » Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:11 pm

I am new in the UK as a nurse. I was given 1 year visa which is expiring soon. I will need to extend it to 3 years.

My daughter came in the UK about 6 months ago. While she was in school she made a remark that my mom beats me at home. She was referring to incidents that happened when we were back home(in Africa) with my sister who she also calls mom (its normal in our culture) . Social services and police were called in and they examined the child and did not find any signs of abuse. The police left and social worker was with us for a few weeks and then the case was closed cause no evidence of abuse was seen. We were not given a caution and no arrests were made by the police . It was more of an interview to understand what happened. The police left and they said they will leave the case in the hands of the social workers

Now I am about to renew our family visa and I am scared this issue will affect our visa extension. Do I need to mention this on my application? If so how do i mention it since we were never arrested or received a caution. I am scared that if i dont mention it it will look like i am covering it up and it will attract a ban.

chipo
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

What is the difference between caution, warning or reprimand

Post by chipo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:01 am

I am a tier 2 general applicant applying for a visa extension. There was an issue with my daughter at school when she had recently arrived in the UK last year from Africa when the teacher had asked her if your mom hits her and she said yes referring to our cultural upbringing in Africa . Police came to our House to ask a few questions and a social worker was assigned to be with us for a few weeks. The case has since been closed because no evidence of abuse was found. Our daughter was referring to what was happening back home not in the UK.

Now I don't know what to declare on my application. I am not sure wether the police visit amounted to a warning or caution or reprimand. We never went to the police station. No letter or signing was done just the visit to verify the facts (at least so I thought🤔)

I don't want not declare it and end up having a refusal for with holding information.

Please help. I am new to this and I am in the process of writing my application. If I have to declare it what do I say. Was it a caution, warning or reprimand? What do these things mean?

Please don't egnore.

Thank you