ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query for Tier 2 processing time in Karachi, Pakistan

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Family visa query

Post by futuregp » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:20 pm

I am a non EU doctor working in the NHS since January 2017 on Tier 2 visas. I shall be starting GP training in August 2019 and will be applying soon to change my sponsorship.
I need advise regarding my family who will be applying for their Tier 2 dependent visas based on my current job. If I resign 2 months before the start of my new job after getting my new Tier 2 visa, would my family's visas become invalidated immediately after I resign from my current employer or would their visas be carried onto my new job within 2 months of resigning from my current job and starting my new job?

Thanks in advance!

Future GP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family visa query

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:24 pm

Useful to state what date their visas expire???

Their visas are dependent on YOU not your sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by futuregp » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:12 pm

Thank you so much for your answer.
My family are in Pakistan. I shall soon apply for their new Tier 2 dependent visas based on my current NHS job that ends on 1st November 2019. I need to bring my family back to UK by the end of June 2019 to avoid them being out of UK for 180 days.
I shall soon apply for my new Tier 2 visa extension for my GP training which will officially start on 7th August 2019. If I get my new Tier 2 visa by the end of May, I will want to resign from my current job. I hope I won't have to reapply for visas for my family while they are in UK if there is a 6 to 8 week gap between my last date of my current employment and my next GP training job.
Thanking everyone in advance.

Future GP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:17 pm

Their visas remain valid until expiry in November. They do not have to apply for a new visa when you do. They can apply for an extension shortly before their visas expire.

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/when ... 98586.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by futuregp » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:25 pm

Thank you so much for your answer.
I was under the impression that if I gain a new Tier 2 visa and then resign from my current job, then I can't stay for more than 60 days before the start of my new job. So am I right in understanding that during the maximum 60 days after resigning from my current job, my family's visas would be active and carry from my the start of my new job in August till their visas' original expiry date of 1st November 2019 as based on my current NHS job. If this is so, then I would be able to visit my family in Pakistan after 3 years of non stop working in UK.
Big thanks once again. It's very appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:24 pm
Their visas are dependent on YOU not your sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by futuregp » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Thanks for your help!

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 2 Dependents visa application based on two CoS

Post by futuregp » Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:36 pm

Dear Friends,

I am going to apply for my family's Tier 2 dependent's visas. They are currently in Pakistan. I would like them to enter UK ASAP. I am currently working in an NHS hospital. My new NHS training post will start in the first week of August 2019.
My question is: Can I apply for a 3 year Tier 2 dependent visas for my family based on my current Tier 2 CoS and my future CoS that would be starting from 7th August 2019?
Thanking everyone in advance.

Future GP

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Query for Tier 2 processing time in Karachi, Pakistan

Post by futuregp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:14 am

Dear friends, my wife and baby applied for their Tier 2 dependent visas on 16th May 2019. I paid extra for priority 5 day processing. It's been more than 15 working days and I have not received anything as of today, Friday 14th June.
I have written enquiry email to the international desk for GBP 5 and they replied on the 9 Jun 2019 saying it's still under active consideration. I immediately replied to the same email address (ukvisupport@mailgb.custhelp.com) about the time expected to get a decision and till today there has not been any response. I sent 4 to 5 reply emails for further details but never received a reply.
I called the international enquiry line 3 times, and after the first and last call, I received an email saying my case has been escalated.
Nobody has contacted my current NHS employer hospital or my future GP training office to confirm my current and future job.
My wife will be out of the country on the 22nd June 2019 for 180 days. That's why I paid for priority processing for both applications in May 2019.
y question is: what is the standard time for UK Tier 2 dependent visa applications to be processed in Karachi, Pakistan?
This situation has made me feel very desperate and anxious.......

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query for Tier 2 processing time in Karachi, Pakistan

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:20 am

What is their UK immigration history, including all visa start and end dates?

Why do you believe the 180 days absence is an issue?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by futuregp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:44 am

My wife initially entered UK with me on 5th December 2016. Her Tier 2 dependent visa was granted at the same time as my Tier 2 in November 2016 and expired on 9th January 2019. Our baby was born in UK and received a Pakistani passport from the Pakistan consulate, Manchester.
My family including myself exited UK for Pakistan on 21st December 2018 and they have been in Karachi, Pakistan ever since. I returned to the UK on 3rd January 2019.
It took some time to gather my wife's police certificates to allow us to lodge biometrics on 16th may 2019 in Karachi with 5 day priority processing.
My main anxiety of crossing 180 days in the case of my wife is because of losing her eligibility to apply for ILR in December 2021 after 5 years lawful residence in UK. This was the only reason why I applied for my family's visas on priority basis.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:01 am

As her visa has expired and she did not apply for a new visa within 28 days of the expiry, her clock towards ILR is reset now and will start with a new 5 year period from date her new entry clearance visa is issued. This is my understanding of the rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by futuregp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:13 am

Thank you for your reply. Very appreciated.

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by futuregp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:42 am

Dear Friends, can anyone understand this clearly?

The 180 day residence requirement for ILR applies to both the main applicant and their PBS dependants who were issued their visa before 11 January 2018.

Absences from the UK during periods of leave granted before 11 January 2018 are not included towards the 180 days allowable absences for PBS dependants.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:43 am

futuregp wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:42 am
Dear Friends, can anyone understand this clearly?

The 180 day residence requirement for ILR applies to both the main applicant and their PBS dependants who were issued their visa before 11 January 2018.

Absences from the UK during periods of leave granted before 11 January 2018 are not included towards the 180 days allowable absences for PBS dependants.
So what is confusing about the statement??

Any PBS dependent visa issued on or after 11th January 2018 is subject to the absence limit.

Visas issued before this date are not!

Your issue is that her clock has now reset due to applying so late after her last visa expired.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by futuregp » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Thanks again.

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by futuregp » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:22 pm

Dear Friends. My wife's tier 2 dependent visa expired in Karachi, Pakistan. I applied after the 28 day window. Her biometrics was submitted on 16th May 2019. Is there a possibility her application would be refused because her Tier 2 dependent visa expired while abroad and she applied after the 28 day window?
Thanks again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:58 pm

Is there a possibility her application would be refused because her Tier 2 dependent visa expired while abroad and she applied after the 28 day window?
No. Her previous visa expiry has ko relevance. She simply needs to meet the requirements for a new entry clearance visa, including the 90 days maintenance, subsisting relationship evidence etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)