ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement Worries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrplat_47
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Bank Statement Worries

Post by mrplat_47 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:08 am

Hi all,

I was hoping you'd be able to advise me on what you'd do in this situation.

3.3.4. Bank statements must be on official bank stationery. Alternatively, electronic bank
statements can also be accepted for all bank accounts (the account itself does not have
to be exclusively online) as long as they are either accompanied by a letter from the
bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear
the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

I bank with Nationwide and, like most people, have online statements only. I called them up to request my past statements to be printed and sent through. What they have sent through are black and white printouts of my statements which I've cross referenced with my online statements and are completely identical, down to the coding at the bottom of the pages. For all immigration would see, it looks like I've just printed them myself.

The statements were accompanied by a headed letter saying, 'thank you for your recent contact requesting duplicate documents.' In my mind this is what confirms they were officially sent by the bank, but now I'm concerned that the wording 'duplicate' that they've used in the letter implies they're not original... but there never were other printed copies!

Forgive me if you think I'm overthinking this but I'm kinda freaking out about it!

Thank you!

Rstar54
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Bank Statement Worries

Post by Rstar54 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:07 pm

Hi, I bank with Nationwide as well. You need to visit your local branch and say that you need your bank statements from.....to......UK Home office requested it. Then they will print (Black and white) statements and stamp and sign each page. I have done the same today. Hope it helps!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Bank Statement Worries

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:35 pm

mrplat_47 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:08 am

The statements were accompanied by a headed letter saying, 'thank you for your recent contact requesting duplicate documents.' In my mind this is what confirms they were officially sent by the bank, but now I'm concerned that the wording 'duplicate' that they've used in the letter implies they're not original... but there never were other printed copies!

Forgive me if you think I'm overthinking this but I'm kinda freaking out about it!

Thank you!
Attach that letter at top and should be no issue. Otherwise for extra peace of mind go to branch to get them stamped like other member has done.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.