ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Payslips FLR(m)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR (M) - Bank Statement Issue

Post by Chrisc1990 » Sat May 25, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi,

Firstly, thank you to everyone on this site because you have helped me a lot in the past!

I have just registered as I have a bit of a niche problem.

My wife is due to submit her FLR(M) application within the next 2 weeks. I am her sponsor and I have earned the correct amount of money, I have a letter from my employer, payslips etc BUT like the silly person I am, I have failed to (God knows why other than I only ever really use online banking and it hasn't affected me thus far) update my address with my bank since moving a year ago.

I realise how careless this is, but I was unaware that my bank statements would have to be original and now I am very worried because the whole process of changing address and ordering paper statements might take a lot longer!

Of course I will go to the bank ASAP (typically a bank holiday weekend) and try to change address and order statements as quickly as possible.

Just wondered if anyone has any advice that might help.

I.e.

- Is it possible to use online statements - printed by the bank and stamped?
- Would my p60 and payslips and letter of employment suffice without the need for bank statements? (could also still supply online ones just for reference)

Hope to hear back soon.

Thanks,
Chris

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: FLR (M) - Bank Statement Issue

Post by Casa » Sat May 25, 2019 4:56 pm

Chrisc1990 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:20 pm
Hi,

Firstly, thank you to everyone on this site because you have helped me a lot in the past!

I have just registered as I have a bit of a niche problem.

My wife is due to submit her FLR(M) application within the next 2 weeks. I am her sponsor and I have earned the correct amount of money, I have a letter from my employer, payslips etc BUT like the silly person I am, I have failed to (God knows why other than I only ever really use online banking and it hasn't affected me thus far) update my address with my bank since moving a year ago.

I realise how careless this is, but I was unaware that my bank statements would have to be original and now I am very worried because the whole process of changing address and ordering paper statements might take a lot longer!

Of course I will go to the bank ASAP (typically a bank holiday weekend) and try to change address and order statements as quickly as possible.

Just wondered if anyone has any advice that might help.

I.e.

- Is it possible to use online statements - printed by the bank and stamped? YES
- Would my p60 and payslips and letter of employment suffice without the need for bank statements? (could also still supply online ones just for reference) NO

Hope to hear back soon.

Thanks,
Chris
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Payslips FLR(m)

Post by Chrisc1990 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:07 am

Hi,

I am due to sponsor an application for extended leave to remain.

I noticed that I have one misplaced payslip in the last 6 months.

Wondering if I

- provide pay slips for the rest of the year
- highlight the the transaction of this month's payment on my bank statement
- write a letter of explanation as to the absence of the payslip

Do you think that they would let this slide?

I will try to get a copy of payslip in time just asking as a back up.

Thanks and kind regards,

Chris

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Payslips FLR(m)

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:01 am

Chrisc1990 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:07 am
Hi,

I am due to sponsor an application for extended leave to remain.

I noticed that I have one misplaced payslip in the last 6 months.

Wondering if I

- provide pay slips for the rest of the year
- highlight the the transaction of this month's payment on my bank statement
- write a letter of explanation as to the absence of the payslip

Do you think that they would let this slide?

I will try to get a copy of payslip in time just asking as a back up.

Thanks and kind regards,

Chris
You need the payslip. Your employer should be able to provide you with another one.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chrisc1990 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:29 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply I will make sure to try and get the payslip ASAP.

I know what the answer is going to be to this question but worth a check.

Does supplying my P60 make any difference as to whether I require this payslip?

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chrisc1990 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:38 pm

Sorry it's me again!

I'm just mailing the head office of the company that I work for to request the payslip.

I receive them usually by post still, but it would be much quicker if they could just email a digital copy and I am wondering if it will make a difference to the case worker?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:46 pm

Chrisc1990 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:29 pm
Hi,

Thanks for the reply I will make sure to try and get the payslip ASAP.

I know what the answer is going to be to this question but worth a check.

Does supplying my P60 make any difference as to whether I require this payslip?
P60s are not required. You need the payslip. How wants to see a payslip for each bank credit you are claiming to meet the requirements.
Chrisc1990 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:38 pm
Sorry it's me again!

I'm just mailing the head office of the company that I work for to request the payslip.

I receive them usually by post still, but it would be much quicker if they could just email a digital copy and I am wondering if it will make a difference to the case worker?
Digital should be fine and you can explain briefly it is a replacement for one lost.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chrisc1990 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi,

I'm just wondering what to put as the answer to certain questions in the online application.

I earn a basic salary of £17,800 p/a. I work a lot of additional hours and my job role often changes as does my hourly rate. Because of this I earned £22,900 in the last year.

I have this information included in letter from employer and evidenced in wage slips etc.

I would think they want the basic salary when they ask what my yearly income is, but will this harm my eligibility as a sponsor if I just write £17,800?.

Another point is we have changed addresses a few times. We have the tenancy agreements etc but there was a brief period nearly 2 years ago (2 months) where we stayed in a property prior to being on the tenancy agreement as we took the place over from a friend who was renting previously (with the knowledge of the landlord).

The issue is that we haven't spoken to the landlord since moving out shortly after and are struggling to get in touch with the friend so far!

Will that couple of months be a big problem? should we mention it or leave it blank and answer if and when the question is raised in an interview?

Our necessary evidence of correspondence should fall either side of that period coincidentally but don't want to look like we're hiding anything as we are not.

Other than that property we have always rented through an estate agent so it's just that period.

On the question regarding family members and friends in my wife's original country would it be possible just to put her immediate family? Parents and siblings etc? For their own strange reasons family friends seem reluctant to want to be included X).

Thank you guys so much fire answers so far by the way and sorry if some of these questions are silly.

Regards,
Chris

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:01 am

Chrisc1990 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:10 pm
Hi,

I'm just wondering what to put as the answer to certain questions in the online application.

I earn a basic salary of £17,800 p/a. I work a lot of additional hours and my job role often changes as does my hourly rate. Because of this I earned £22,900 in the last year.

I have this information included in letter from employer and evidenced in wage slips etc.

I would think they want the basic salary when they ask what my yearly income is, but will this harm my eligibility as a sponsor if I just write £17,800?.

Another point is we have changed addresses a few times. We have the tenancy agreements etc but there was a brief period nearly 2 years ago (2 months) where we stayed in a property prior to being on the tenancy agreement as we took the place over from a friend who was renting previously (with the knowledge of the landlord).

The issue is that we haven't spoken to the landlord since moving out shortly after and are struggling to get in touch with the friend so far!

Will that couple of months be a big problem? should we mention it or leave it blank and answer if and when the question is raised in an interview?

Our necessary evidence of correspondence should fall either side of that period coincidentally but don't want to look like we're hiding anything as we are not.

Other than that property we have always rented through an estate agent so it's just that period.

On the question regarding family members and friends in my wife's original country would it be possible just to put her immediate family? Parents and siblings etc? For their own strange reasons family friends seem reluctant to want to be included X).

Thank you guys so much fire answers so far by the way and sorry if some of these questions are silly.

Regards,
Chris

Your employer letter must state your overtime too in addition to your basic salary because its alone is quite lesser than the threshold. Your basic wages will be calculated through salaried person approach whereas the overtime will be counted through none-salaried person approach when doing calculation. Regarding cohabitation there must be 6 pieces of documents from at least 3 sources being spread over the last 2 years evenly like each document after every 3-4 months which may cover you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chrisc1990 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:10 pm

Thanks for the reply,

I did know the information that you provided and I have the the fact I regularly work overtime on my letter of employment as previously stated. (as well as confirmation that my pay rate regularly rises as per which job role I am fulfilling).

My real question was, and I think that you partly answered it, do I just put my basic contracted salary of 17680 when I am answering the question:

What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?

I am purely hesitant because the last thing I want is for the application to be dismissed due to this figure before getting a chance to demonstrate that I earn more than this.

Regards,
Chris

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chrisc1990 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:12 pm

I.e.

Is there a chance that the case worker would read this and dismiss the application before even reading my cover letter of explanation, letter from employer, pay slips, p60 etc?

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chrisc1990 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:24 pm

Also, when asked:

What do they earn? (Required)

The same amount continuously, above
the financial requirement amount

The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

Should I then state, and will it irreparably harm our application in a similar way if I put

Thanks again,
Chris

Really sorry for multiple posts, tried to edit too late.
Will formulate my questions more clearly next time 😂

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Chrisc1990 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:10 pm

My real question was, and I think that you partly answered it, do I just put my basic contracted salary of 17680 when I am answering the question:

What is their annual income before tax for this employment in GBP (£)?

You didn't read my previous post which actually give that answer very clearly. Both will be calculated together although with different approach. Read again
seagul wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:01 am
. Your basic wages will be calculated through salaried person approach whereas the overtime will be counted through none-salaried person approach when doing calculation. .
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chrisc1990 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:42 am

Sorry but I did read the post multiple times.

Maybe I don't understand or maybe I am overthinking but still not entirely sure how to answer the question.

I am aware now that they will calculate my income under the two classifications and rightly so.

I am asking, when directly requested to state my annual income before tax, do I take my basic contracted salary regardless of the figure OR do I state what I earned in the previous year(including additional hours etc)?

Basically do I put 17,680 or 22,900 ...

Again sorry to repeat myself... But presuming I answer the above question correctly,
when asked:

Which would be the correct answer?

I don't know why I am so stuck but hope you can help me out in a way that I can understand

regards,

Chris

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chrisc1990 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:51 am

To my understanding of your answers,

the correct option right now would be to put my annual income before tax as the full amount earned the previous year and classify this as 'not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount'

Does this sound at all right?

Thanks!

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chrisc1990 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:38 pm

Happy father's day to all,

I am aware that everyone will probably be busy :) just hope my previous questions do not get overlooked as a result.

Thanks again and enjoy the day.

manitops
United Kingdom

Post by manitops » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:04 pm

Yes. you can state the amount on the p60 which covers all income include bonuses or overtime
Chrisc1990 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:51 am
To my understanding of your answers,

the correct option right now would be to put my annual income before tax as the full amount earned the previous year and classify this as 'not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount'

Does this sound at all right?

Thanks!

Chrisc1990
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Chrisc1990 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:01 pm

Thank you for the reply.

Would feel a lot more comfortable if this was verified by others :) No offence intended at all just noticed the 'newly registered'

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Chrisc1990 wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:42 am
Sorry but I did read the post multiple times.

Maybe I don't understand or maybe I am overthinking but still not entirely sure how to answer the question.

I am aware now that they will calculate my income under the two classifications and rightly so.

I am asking, when directly requested to state my annual income before tax, do I take my basic contracted salary regardless of the figure OR do I state what I earned in the previous year(including additional hours etc)?

Basically do I put 17,680 or 22,900 ...

Again sorry to repeat myself... But presuming I answer the above question correctly,
when asked:

Which would be the correct answer?

I don't know why I am so stuck but hope you can help me out in a way that I can understand

regards,

Chris
No worries as I repeat again. Don't attach P60 as advised by other member because it doesn't show the clear picture of income required for immigration purposes. Forget about previous year incomes rather simply add your bonuses/overtime by following none-salaried person approach to your basic wages which will of course comes under salaried person approach. And in my opinion first option is more appropriate where you have to supply the last 6 months of payslips and bank statements otherwise all remaining 3 options will ask for 12 months of documents by mistakenly assuming you on category B. Also if you select first option then get it clarified in covering letter or additional info section that you are using category A. Also no harm in selecting 2nd option if you are prepared to supply them with 12 months of payslips and bank statements with sufficient income.