ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Varying a PBS Dependent Application to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

neo2498
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Varying a PBS Dependent Application to ILR

Post by neo2498 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Hello

I have already submitted the online application form and paid the fees for my wife's PBS dependent extension visa on 10th Feb 2019 as her current PBS dependent visa is going to expire on 14th Feb 2019 , however, I haven't booked an appointment for her bio-metrics and uploaded supporting documents yet as , currently there is no appointment slot available near my area . When I submitted my online form and paid the fees , I have been told by system that ,I must booked an appointment for Bio-metrics before 12th April 2019 .

Below are my questions

1) My wife is going to compete her continues 5 years stay in UK on 2nd April 2019 - so Ideally she will be eligible to apply for her ILR visa 28 days before i.e ~4th / 5th March 2019. So can I possibly vary her current PBS extension application to ILR (SET 0) ?

2) If yes - which date should I apply for it and how ? do I need to apply / vary before PBS extension Bio-metric submission ?

3) If I'm varying her PBS extension application - do I entitled to get the visa fees + IHS surcharge refunded ? if yes how many days usually does it take ?

3) Please provide a sample covering letter to support varying application ?

4) if anyone does it recently and has similar case as mine could you please share the process , your experience and key points ? please provide any useful link .

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Varying a PBS Dependent Application to ILR

Post by aman90 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 pm

neo2498 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:05 pm
Hello

I have already submitted the online application form and paid the fees for my wife's PBS dependent extension visa on 10th Feb 2019 as her current PBS dependent visa is going to expire on 14th Feb 2019 , however, I haven't booked an appointment for her bio-metrics and uploaded supporting documents yet as , currently there is no appointment slot available near my area . When I submitted my online form and paid the fees , I have been told by system that ,I must booked an appointment for Bio-metrics before 12th April 2019 .

Below are my questions

1) My wife is going to compete her continues 5 years stay in UK on 2nd April 2019 - so Ideally she will be eligible to apply for her ILR visa 28 days before i.e ~4th / 5th March 2019. So can I possibly vary her current PBS extension application to ILR (SET 0) ?

05/03/19. Yes you can vary it on or after the date in the case that a decision has not been reached on her current application.

2) If yes - which date should I apply for it and how ? do I need to apply / vary before PBS extension Bio-metric submission ?

Answered above and....Biometrics shouldn't matter either way really. Some applicants delay decision making by submitting biometrics later rather than sooner. Sopra is a courier not the decision making body. Cant be certain when the application reaches the case worker.

3) If I'm varying her PBS extension application - do I entitled to get the visa fees + IHS surcharge refunded ? if yes how many days usually does it take?

Yes. A quick search on this forum should answer that.

You shouldn't need one as when you fill out the SET O form it should ask you if you have a pending application.

4) if anyone does it recently and has similar case as mine could you please share the process , your experience and key points ? please provide any useful link .

Thanks

neo2498
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by neo2498 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:58 pm

aman90 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:32 pm
neo2498 wrote:
Hello

Below are my questions

05/03/19. Yes you can vary it on or after the date in the case that a decision has not been reached on her current application.

Answered above and....Biometrics shouldn't matter either way really. Some applicants delay decision making by submitting biometrics later rather than sooner. Sopra is a courier not the decision making body. Cant be certain when the application reaches the case worker.

Thanks for your help .

3) If I'm varying her PBS extension application - do I entitled to get the visa fees + IHS surcharge refunded ? if yes how many days usually does it take?

Yes. A quick search on this forum should answer that.

You shouldn't need one as when you fill out the SET O form it should ask you if you have a pending application.

Does that mean while filling the SET (O) application form under
"Other Home Office applications"

Do you currently have an application with the Home Office for leave to remain for which you have not yet received a decision? IF I answered as 'YES' followed by reference number for PBS dependent application. will vary her PBS dependent application to ILR SET (o) dependent ?

a) is there anything else I need to do apart from that ?

Thanks

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:05 am

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page16

Hope you’ve read the above guidance.
It mentions most of the stuff you’ve enquired about.
My interpretation is that you shouldn’t need to as the new application takes precedence. Though it’s pretty obvious that you are varying as the caseworker will check HO reference number you fill out for decision(if made).
But as I’ve personally never varied before... upload a short note/letter..
date: 05/3/19
Subject: varying from pbs dependant extension to settlement.
I qualify for ILR from 2/4/19...within 28 days of qualifying period.. I’d like to vary....submitted on..to settlement....

whateverever
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by whateverever » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:46 am

@neo2498

I am exactly in same situation.

Could you please share your experience including supporting documents please. Urgently required.

Also why not going for ILR to PEO instead of posting ?

Good Luck !!!

whateverever
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by whateverever » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:28 am

neo2498 wrote:
Hello

Below are my questions

3) If I'm varying her PBS extension application - do I entitled to get the visa fees + IHS surcharge refunded ? if yes how many days usually does it take ?

Thanks
Neo, please share your outcome or any update you have, it really helps, thank you so much!

berlinwall
Hong Kong

Post by berlinwall » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:57 pm

aman90 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:05 am
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page16

Hope you’ve read the above guidance.
It mentions most of the stuff you’ve enquired about.
My interpretation is that you shouldn’t need to as the new application takes precedence. Though it’s pretty obvious that you are varying as the caseworker will check HO reference number you fill out for decision(if made).
But as I’ve personally never varied before... upload a short note/letter..
date: 05/3/19
Subject: varying from pbs dependant extension to settlement.
I qualify for ILR from 2/4/19...within 28 days of qualifying period.. I’d like to vary....submitted on..to settlement....
Hi may I know what the form should I use for vary my PBS extension visa to ILR application? As from the guide I can not find the variation form. Thanks.