ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Picard
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa FLR (M)

Post by Picard » Sun May 26, 2019 10:32 pm

Hi Fellow Forum members

I am trying to find the process of FLR (M), have read through FLR (M) timelines and many other threads but have not been able to find answers to my question.

My wife has valid Tier 2 ICT. We wish to apply for Priority service for FLR (M)
I understand decision is to be given within 5 days. Nowhere I read about marriage interviews conducted by UKVI in the timelines.
So if they do decide to conduct intrviews, would the SLA of Priority breached or they would conduct it within those 5 days?
I m aware that this is just surmising at this point, just want to understand various scenarios.

Also it will be great if someone could help understand end to end process?
Like Online Application fill and submit
Payment of Priority fee
Booking appointment at Centre (genrally paying fee for that too)
Scanning of document
Attending Biometric appointment
Marriage interview if any
Additional docs asked, if any
Acknowledgment
decision

Please let me know if this is process flow is correct or needs some amendments

Cheers

Picard
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa FLR (M)

Post by Picard » Wed May 29, 2019 2:48 pm

Hello people
Any thoughts on my questions above?
FrontierMole, Seagul, Casa, CR001, anyone else?

Thanks much
P

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 29, 2019 3:05 pm

Interviews are rare. Usually only occur if HO suspect a sham marriage or a marriage of convenience.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:29 pm

We're putting together the FLR(M) application for my wife and we will be covering the financial requirements based on my employment.

I'm working for the same company for over 5 years. In November last year, the company split into two smaller entities and officially from Nov 2018 I'm working for one of them.

While completing all the required documents, I've noticed that the payslips only from April 2019 are mentioning the new company name. This means I have only 3 months (April, May, June) with a consistent company name with the previous company for the remaining 5 years. We're not sure what to put as my employment start date:
1) The original date 5 years back in 2013
2) When the company officially started in November 2018
3) Payslip date, April 2019

If we go for 1) or 2) we won't be able to confirm it with payslips. I can request a letter from my employer to include all of this, but I'm not sure if this and a cover letter will be enough.

As per the Appendix FM 1.7 Financial Requirements, instead of Category A (6 months and more with one employer) we can go for Category B (less than 6 months with one employer) and include 12 months, but I'm still not sure what's the most appropriate route here.

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members

Thanks in advance
P

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:34 pm

Picard wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:29 pm
We're putting together the FLR(M) application for my wife and we will be covering the financial requirements based on my employment.

I'm working for the same company for over 5 years. In November last year, the company split into two smaller entities and officially from Nov 2018 I'm working for one of them.

While completing all the required documents, I've noticed that the payslips only from April 2019 are mentioning the new company name. This means I have only 3 months (April, May, June) with a consistent company name with the previous company for the remaining 5 years. We're not sure what to put as my employment start date:
1) The original date 5 years back in 2013
2) When the company officially started in November 2018
3) Payslip date, April 2019

If we go for 1) or 2) we won't be able to confirm it with payslips. I can request a letter from my employer to include all of this, but I'm not sure if this and a cover letter will be enough.

As per the Appendix FM 1.7 Financial Requirements, instead of Category A (6 months and more with one employer) we can go for Category B (less than 6 months with one employer) and include 12 months, but I'm still not sure what's the most appropriate route here.

Ref: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members

Thanks in advance
P
Safest will be category B where you will have to send 12 months of payslips and 12 months of bank statements.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:00 pm

Thanks Seagul

What is the correct answer for
When did your current employment begin?

I can request HR to explain in employer letter, Nov 2018; but payslips do not support the claim. This puts me in a jam and possibly Home office can perceive this as not factually correct. worried on this one.

It seems for tax purposes company didnt change name until April 2019.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:28 pm

Picard wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:00 pm
Thanks Seagul

What is the correct answer for
When did your current employment begin?
Better to use the date when your current employer actually change its name on payslip and on other stationary. Since you are working from many years then as stated earlier that category B will be much safer because applying under category A even with the employer letter clarifying it may confuse to caseworker.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:43 pm

Thanks much Seagul for your response.

Cheers
P

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:02 pm

I have an additional two questions

1) Documents checklist and NARIC checkbox

My wife did her Bachelors and Masters in her home country, it was taught in English. To be factually correct, that's what we've selected in the appropriate section in the application. We've also selected that it is not recognised and does not cover the English language requirement.

My wife passed the English CEFR A1 and that's how we cover the English language requirement. This is the next checkbox we've ticked.

The form has the following questions:

Do you have a degree that was taught in English? Yes
does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa? No
Have you passed an approved English language test? Yes

We're stuck in the "Documents" section of the visa application. We can't proceed unless all the checkboxes are ticked and the NARIC checkbox seems to be mandatory.
Is this an issue with the online form not allowing to proceed? We keep on getting the error message to tick all the checkboxes.
What should be done here, please?

2) In the verification consent part of the application: "Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation related to another person who is to provide you financial support?"

Is it for sponsor (me) or a third party financial support (family, parents, anyone other than me)?

Thanks in advance for your help
P

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:26 pm

Picard wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:02 pm
I have an additional two questions

1) Documents checklist and NARIC checkbox

My wife did her Bachelors and Masters in her home country, it was taught in English. To be factually correct, that's what we've selected in the appropriate section in the application. We've also selected that it is not recognised and does not cover the English language requirement.

My wife passed the English CEFR A1 and that's how we cover the English language requirement. This is the next checkbox we've ticked.

The form has the following questions:

Do you have a degree that was taught in English? Yes
does your degree meet the English language requirement for this visa? No
Have you passed an approved English language test? Yes

We're stuck in the "Documents" section of the visa application. We can't proceed unless all the checkboxes are ticked and the NARIC checkbox seems to be mandatory.
Is this an issue with the online form not allowing to proceed? We keep on getting the error message to tick all the checkboxes.
What should be done here, please?

2) In the verification consent part of the application: "Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation related to another person who is to provide you financial support?"

Is it for sponsor (me) or a third party financial support (family, parents, anyone other than me)?

Thanks in advance for your help
P
1. I think you should also say no to "Do you have a degree that was taught in English"

2. I think its for another person other than sponsor/applicant. If the document is not joint named with another person than I think its irrelevant for you.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 am

Thanks Seagul for your inputs.

My comments
1. If we respond 'No' here, I feel it is factually incorrect, since she was taught in English during her Bachelors and Masters Degree. But if we click Yes, the NARIC box in the documents become mandatory.
Do you have any other suggestion, any workaround? Any other experiences?
This is a badly designed form. :? :roll:

2. No, all the documents are either me and Mrs jointly or in our individual names. No other third party involved in anything. Thanks for responding on this one.

Waiting for inputs on point 1 please
Thanks
P

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:27 pm

Picard wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:58 am

My comments
1. If we respond 'No' here, I feel it is factually incorrect, since she was taught in English during her Bachelors and Masters Degree. But if we click Yes, the NARIC box in the documents become mandatory.
Do you have any other suggestion, any workaround? Any other experiences?
This is a badly designed form. :? :roll:
Without NARIC statement of comparability statement and statement of English proficiency the answer will be NO regardless whether it has been studied under English atmosphere.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:54 pm

Well, that makes sense.
Thanks Seagul

Cheers
P

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi All

This question:

What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?

I am putting my wife's immediate family members details, parents and siblings only.
But what about friends? How many friends details is considered optimal number?

Thanks
P

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Picard wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:09 pm
Hi All

This question:

What family or friends do you have in the country where you were born and/or any other country whose nationality you hold?

I am putting my wife's immediate family members details, parents and siblings only.

Thanks
P
Questions are mainly addressed to applicant unless pacifically asked about sponsor. It should be for applicant and just give precisely the detail of few of her immediate/closest family members.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:01 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 pm
Picard wrote:
Hi All

This question:

Thanks
P
Questions are mainly addressed to applicant unless pacifically asked about sponsor. It should be for applicant and just give precisely the detail of few of her immediate/closest family members.
Hi Seagul
Thanks but my question was about applicant's friends. How many friends details is considered optimal number? or do we mention only applicant's (wife's) family members only. Doesnt that raise an eyebrow, since wife lived in the country all her life, she must have some friends, so how many friends should be detailed in the application? Are there any checks conducted by HO, based on the details of the friends?

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:06 pm

Picard wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:01 pm
seagul wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:44 pm
Picard wrote:
Hi All

This question:

Thanks
P
Hi Seagul
Thanks but my question was about applicant's friends. How many friends details is considered optimal number? or do we mention only applicant's (wife's) family members only. Doesnt that raise an eyebrow, since wife lived in the country all her life, she must have some friends, so how many friends should be detailed in the application? Are there any checks conducted by HO, based on the details of the friends?

Thanks
They don't approach them and there is no limit. If I were you then just state 5-10 closest family members.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:23 pm

Thanks Seagul.
Its the stress of this application, that makes the very obvious things, seem complicated. The fear of committing a mistake is so high, because this mistake has potential to uproot family life.

And gosh,you are very helpful Seagul :) :)
Cheers
P

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:04 pm

Hello All,
We are about to submit my wife's application, and I noticed that the employer letter for the payslips is signed by HR and says '' I confirm that the printed payslips attached have been verified by the company. These payslips are proof of Picard's base salary which is xxxxx.xx per annum.''

The letter does not mention the word authentic and registered.
The payslips are dated and signed by the same senior HR person.

Would the absence of the words 'authentic and registered' could potentially be problematic to the application? I am worrying here, and would really appreciate inputs from CR001, Casa, Seagul and others.

Thanks
P

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:20 pm

Picard wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:04 pm
Hello All,
We are about to submit my wife's application, and I noticed that the employer letter for the payslips is signed by HR and says '' I confirm that the printed payslips attached have been verified by the company. These payslips are proof of Picard's base salary which is xxxxx.xx per annum.''

The letter does not mention the word authentic and registered.
The payslips are dated and signed by the same senior HR person.

Would the absence of the words 'authentic and registered' could potentially be problematic to the application? I am worrying here, and would really appreciate inputs from CR001, Casa, Seagul and others.

Thanks
P
For extra peace of mind ask your employer to add that word "authentic" in employer letter or get your payslips stamped too.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:53 am

Thank you Seagul, Yes that seems to be the correct course of action.

Now, in the online form the question:
Do you or your dependents own a property outside the UK?

What is the purpose of this question?
Possible taxation in future or determining that if someone has a property outside they might as well be sent back.

As a British citizen, I can have properties outside UK and I dont think HO will ever ask me that! Any thoughts?

Cheers
P

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:38 pm

Picard wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:53 am
Thank you Seagul, Yes that seems to be the correct course of action.

Now, in the online form the question:
Do you or your dependents own a property outside the UK?

What is the purpose of this question?
Possible taxation in future or determining that if someone has a property outside they might as well be sent back.

As a British citizen, I can have properties outside UK and I dont think HO will ever ask me that! Any thoughts?

Cheers
P
Possibly in prevention of money laundering

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:56 pm

Hello All

Request you to please review the checklist and let me know if we are missing anything to be added to the application.
A nagging question I had been having: I earn more than enough to cover financial requirement. We do not want to give too many documents and overload the case worker. However, my wife is working too and earns good enough to cover the financial requirement too.We are not submitting her payslips or P60 or bank statements for financial requirement. She partakes in monthly bills payments. (Does it have to be substantiated by account statements?)
She is well educated. Should we include something in the application, to make clear to the case worker, of her social standing and how she can contribute and integrate well in UK?

Please review the following
Document checklist
Proof of Application
1. Applicant’s passport (just the photo page)
2. Applicant’s full passport (all pages).
3. Marriage certificate.
4. Tenancy Agreement (rental agreement is in both's name) + Landlord's signed letter (clarifying no of rooms in house and that only 2 of us live there)
5. Part 1 Applicant’s consent form
6. Part 2 Third party consent form (for joint account)
7. Part 3 Third party sponsor
8. Declaration for Spouses.

Proof of Identity/ Travel History
9. Applicant’s Entry Clearance Stamp
10. Applicant’s full passport
11. Applicant’s BRP
12. Sponsor’s full passport
13. Sponsor’s photo page of current Passport
14. Sponsor’s photo page of his second nationality passport

Financial Requirement
15. Bank statement for applicant’s Spouses’ (Sponsor’s) account
16. 12 months Payslip of Sponsor and signed HR letter
17. 1 P60 for Sponsor
18. Employment contract of Sponsor and signed HR letter

English Test Requirement
19. CEFR A1 Test certificate

Cohabitation proof
21 July 2018 Credit card statement - Applicant & Bank Statement - Sponsor
22 August 2018 Credit card statement or bank Account statement- Applicant; Utility: Gas bill - Sponsor
23 September 2018 nil
24 October 2018 Joint Tenancy Agreement
25 November 2018 Joint Council Tax
26 December 2018 Credit card statement – Applicant; Broadband - Sponsor
27 January 2019 Home Office marriage approval- Applicant; Home Office marriage approval- Sponsor & Joint Council Tax
28 March 2019 Joint bank statement
29 April 2019 Joint bank statement
30 May 2019 NHS letter- Applicant
31 June 2019 Utility: Joint Electricity bill

Immigration history of applicant
32. 2 year ICT T2 granted in 2017
33. 1 year ICT T2 extension granted in 2019

Others:
34. National Identity card of Applicant
35. Train tickets, Boarding cards; Hotel Bookings; Tickets to attractions visited(with our names), local commute tickets; for mutliple holidays taken.
36. Pictures/ photos (including wedding pics), Whatsapp chats, call logs

This all seems a lot. Just want to check that we have everything that HO would want to see in an application.
Thanks for your feedback.
Cheers

PS: Thanks to afm1 for the checklist format in one of his post on the forum. :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:01 pm

She is well educated. Should we include something in the application, to make clear to the case worker, of her social standing and how she can contribute and integrate well in UK?
No. Ho don't care about this. Simply submit what is required. Don't overthink the process and what you think ho might like to see.

Why are you submitting 12 months payslips and bank statements?

P60s are not required.

Number 34 and 35 are NOT required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Picard
United Kingdom

Post by Picard » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:01 pm
No. Ho don't care about this. Simply submit what is required. Don't overthink the process and what you think ho might like to see.

Why are you submitting 12 months payslips and bank statements?

P60s are not required.

Number 34 and 35 are NOT required.
Thank you CR001.
So no more documents of applicants! :)

This was surprising for me too, since the form asked for 12 months Payslips. I guess this is in response to question in Finance section of the application for Sponsor; ''What do they earn? - Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount''
The amount differs, because of the annual revision in salary in April this year.
Yes P60 is optional, it stated this in application.

No 34 was one of the first few questions ''Do you have a valid national identity card? Yes; details- ?''

No 35- We thought this proves subsisting relationship- before and after marriage. We will happily remove this, if it doesnt help our case in any way.

One more question: We do not have Property Inspection report.
I understand, HO is more cautious for Private tenancies. We have Tenancy agreement, that doesnt mention number of rooms, but only no of occupants (thats me and wife). We got Landlords letter stating number of rooms and exclusive occupation. Would this suufice?

Thanks much
P