ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

meer_iet

Dependent visa from India

Post by meer_iet » Sat May 24, 2008 11:08 pm

Friends,
am confused about this and did not get consistent answer after researching this forum or bia site

am in UK since 1st February 2008 on HSMP VISA.
started working on 31st March 2008.

need to apply for my wife and 2 years daughter visa from India in June 1st week.

Could you tell the maintenance funds requirement for their visa application?

Regards
Last edited by meer_iet on Mon May 26, 2008 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Sun May 25, 2008 6:51 pm

Have you read through the dependent application form and the guidance? The amount of fund required for dependents is given right in there.

Use the search tool with "maintenace" as the search word and you will be surprised with the number of responses you will get. Browse through them and you will get "consistent" answers to every question of yours ... and much more information that you will be asking about later.

regards
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Sun May 25, 2008 8:20 pm

thanks , i checked before only VAF2 not VAF10.

i will be having £4000 at the time of application. so i suppose it will be ok.
(£1600 for each dependent and £800 for self).

but i am surprised that there are few rejections when people are not maintaining the funds for 3 months though they have sufficient funds while applying. i see that this 3 months rule is applicable since 29th June 2008.
any ideas?

regds

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun May 25, 2008 9:39 pm

As per BIA - "we have put transitional arrangements in place for applicants and their family members submitting their applications within the United Kingdom up to and including 29 June 2008".

Plain English !! You are not applying from within UK, so ... ??

Looks like you haven't read through the Tier 1 guidance either.

For others to help you, be the first one to help yourself - read the guidelines and information on the BIA site before posting silly questions. :roll:

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Sun May 25, 2008 10:34 pm

please dont assume things, if you cant help, keep quite.
dont try to be bossy here. everyone is free to ask for help. and i dont need to tell you how much i am helping myself.

If it is for UK applications what is there for other country dependents.
are you asking me to assume sth. why it is not same for everyone?

Also is it same for tier1 and HSMP(who are already in UK) dependents?

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Mon May 26, 2008 3:41 am

:D :lol: Funny :lol:

Why it is not the same for everyone can only be answered by BIA, not anyone here. :wink: Anyhow, looks like you still haven't checked the BIA website / read through the guidelines inspite of previous advice, so here's a jist of what's in there:
1. You must show a min. balance of 1600 quids for each dependent for min. 3 months in your account. In simple words, your bank balance should not be less than 1600 quids even for a day during the 3 month period. If you have 2 dependents who wish to apply, then the min. balance should be 3200 and so on.

2. Whether you are in UK or in India, the 3 month requirment is mandatory for you as the dependents have yet to apply for EC from India. And there is no HSMP in India, remember?? Had you been in UK for more than 12 months, then this min. amount would have come down to 533 quids per dependent instead of 1600 quids. Rest of the conditions are not influenced because of your stay in UK.

BTW, if you wish to read through it, you'll find the Tier 1 guidance here: http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... yguide.pdf

:lol: :lol:
meer_iet wrote:If it is for UK applications what is there for other country dependents. are you asking me to assume sth. why it is not same for everyone?

Also is it same for tier1 and HSMP(who are already in UK) dependents?

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon May 26, 2008 5:05 am

Meer_iet,

People are willing to help here and that is why people take out time and answer queries in their personal time, unlike many (or most) who raise queries, get answers and do not return to the forum until they are stuck again somewhere and are looking for answers again.

This said, anyone giving advice or information reasonably expects people who post queries to be sensible enough to read through any information or guidance that is publicly available, and specifically the one(s) that is available on the official website(s). It is sheer waste of time for anyone if people keep asking the same questions that have been answered many times before and, more so if all the information being requested is already available in the published documents - should one care to read them.

Given the fact that answers to your questions are crystal clear in the published documentation (VFS website, BIA website, Tier 1 guidance) and already available on this forum but you did not bother to read through it inspite of advice, in my opinion, reflects your boss-iness and arrogance than anyone else's. It seems you were quite angered by sushdmehta's comment, but imagine our frustration when people don't read through the basic information on their own or even after being advised to do so.

1. Which form - Given on the VFS website, you need the VAF10 form for dependents (info. already available).
2, Maintenace fund amount - VAF10 guidance, part 5 (info. already available).
3. Maintenance fund requirement from India - Read para 6 onwards from this page http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... intenance/
or check any of the following
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26700
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26791
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26751
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26793
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26766
(in other words, info. already available).

Now, have I given you any information that you couldn't have found out easily on your own from readily available sources?? I am at a loss to comment on whether you are helping yourself or not, but I guess you really need to learn to repsect others' opinions and advice.

Everyone wants to start a new post to get a quick answer for themselves but they don't have the time to search and look if the answers are already available. Yet, it expected that people who voluntarily provide advice should spend valuable time to answer the same questions again and again and again. Isn't this being bossy or being selfish?? Or is it fair ??Nevertheless, people here still provide feedback, suggestions and answers, and try to be of help to others as much as they can.

No offence, but the questions were indeed silly - given you did not care to read through the relevant documentation. :wink:

regards
meer_iet wrote:please dont assume things, if you cant help, keep quite.
dont try to be bossy here. everyone is free to ask for help. and i dont need to tell you how much i am helping myself.
If you consider yourself highly skilled, think like one.
Before posting a new query, use the search tool to see if it's already been answered.

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 am

Hi,
thanks for your efforts although my situation is still same.
i have already read all these posts and bia info and i understand that these hold true clearly for someone who is applying initially under tier1 either alone or with dependents.

from others experience, i want to know if someone already in UK on HSMP has got EC for his/her dependents from India after 1st April 2008 with showing enough balance (say £1600 for each dependent plus £800 for self) at the time of EC application though NOT maintained it for 3 months period.

regds

antouk

Post by antouk » Wed May 28, 2008 6:14 pm

@meer_ier,
im in a same situation as u r, and i cud understand u query. any improvements?

I have a question here, can we show joint bank account with familty members(say brother or mother) for maintenance of funds???

coz the rule simply says:
funds held in a joint bank account that have been in your joint account for at least three months before your application;

or is it implied that the word joint means only the main applicant and their dependents?
-HSMP(2008)->Tier 1(2009)->ILR(2013)->Naturalisation(2014)->OCI(2014)-

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Wed May 28, 2008 8:41 pm

sorry antouk, no improvements. I am sure there are many people who are in the same situation as ours.
No confirmed views about joint accounts.

regds

antouk wrote:@meer_ier,
im in a same situation as u r, and i cud understand u query. any improvements?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:17 am

This might be useful info. for OP.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:12 pm

Hello,
yes thats true!

based on previous posts i asked my dependants in india to apply for visitor visa instead. i mentioned in cover letter the reason for applying for visitor visa instead of hsmp dependants quoting maintenance funds requirements.

my wife got call from BHC Delhi on 4th day of application explaining that they qualify as dependants and funds rule is not applicable for dependants of those in UK with hsmp visa stamped before 1st april 2008.

We got choice to withdraw with fee refund and re-apply or get visitor visa stamped.

my dependants then applied as hsmp dependants & on 4th day of their application, passports are with blue dart waiting to be delivered tomorrow.

hopefully visa is stamped.

so, yes its clarity in rule and relief for many!

rmansuri

Post by rmansuri » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:08 pm

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am on HSMP Visa since Sept - 2006. This September my visa is due for extension for three year. I was surfing on net for how to make application for it and found mix response so i thought better to ask forum. I have got couples of doubt to be clear.

firstly, As i got visa before Dec-2006 so do I have (eligible) to apply for old criteria. if yes could you please guide me which document i have to enclose with my application?

secondly, In any case of my application how much bank balance should i have to show? as i am not sure about this.

I will be highly appreciated if you could guide me with this or like to make any further comment on it.

Thanks very much in advance,

Regards,
R Mansuri
meer_iet wrote:Hello,
yes thats true!

based on previous posts i asked my dependants in india to apply for visitor visa instead. i mentioned in cover letter the reason for applying for visitor visa instead of hsmp dependants quoting maintenance funds requirements.

my wife got call from BHC Delhi on 4th day of application explaining that they qualify as dependants and funds rule is not applicable for dependants of those in UK with hsmp visa stamped before 1st april 2008.

We got choice to withdraw with fee refund and re-apply or get visitor visa stamped.

my dependants then applied as hsmp dependants & on 4th day of their application, passports are with blue dart waiting to be delivered tomorrow.

ra_njan

Tier1 Dependant Fund maintenence

Post by ra_njan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:46 am

Hi Guys,
My Tier 1 Visa is approved on 2nd July 2008. Now I am planning to apply for my dependants ( spouse + 1 kid) from India.

I just got a samll doubt, if seniors members can clear it.

As maintenance fund for 2 dependants, I need to show 3200 Pounds for last 6 months. Since my Tier 1 is approved, do I still need to show the 2800 pounds available in the bank for myself also?

I clear words, do the maintenance fund need to be (3200+2800=6000) pounds available for 3 months at the time of my dependant application?

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:53 am

I clear words, do the maintenance fund need to be (3200+2800=6000) pounds available for 3 months at the time of my dependant application?
You do not have to show funds for your self when you submit dependents' application, but you cannot reuse your funds (which you already presented as evidence for your application) in dependents' application.

That is, any thing fishy would be easily caught by BHC, say for example if you transfer your funds (presented for yourself in your application) from your account to dependent's account, then as BHC India mandates you to submit source of funds, your dependents' application might get in trouble.

It is safest to keep your funds and your dependents' funds (and also source of all funds) separate and clear.

Following paragraph from http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/ will help
The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants.

ra_njan

Post by ra_njan » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:03 am

Thanks Coolestguy,
I am also thinking in the same line.
I am maintaining the fund for my dependants in another account, which is my salary account and I submitted that a/c details as earning proof, not as my maintenance fund.

will that also they can count?

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:09 am

I am maintaining the fund for my dependants in another account, which is my salary account and I submitted that a/c details as earning proof, not as my maintenance fund.
If your sal account was not used as evidence for your maintenance requirement, then you can definitely use it as proof for your dependents. As long as source of funds are clear (and not same as what you presented for yourself), I don't think there is any reason to worry.

meer_iet

Post by meer_iet » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:17 am

Hi friends,

yes their dependant visa is stamped!

Visa form : VAF2, Visa fee: INR 17K.
Funds shown: £3300 as balance NOT maintained for last 3 months.

regds
meer_iet wrote:Hello,
yes thats true!

rkrohela
BANNED

BHC confirms VFS Stand: Dependent visa for old HSMP Holders

Post by rkrohela » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:56 pm

Hello Friends,

The reply received from VFS about maintenance seems to be totally correct, the same was confirmed by UKBA Chennai. So now we can safely assume that for HSMP Visa holders whose stamping was done before April 1, 2008, maintenance rules of Tier 1 NEED NOT be met.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sir
You don't have to meet the Maintenance criteria for your dependants.
Yes you may submit internet bank statements, but only for the last one week. The rest of the bank statements must be original.
Yours faithfully
UK Border Agency
Visa Services
British Deputy High Commission, Chennai
mv
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

rkrohela
BANNED

Meer Hi!!

Post by rkrohela » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:58 pm

Hey Meer,

Was just curious to know if your wife's and kid's visa is finally stamped, I would be applying from Delhi itself very shortly, sailing in the same boat. If possible, could you PM me your phone no?
Rohit the Purohit -- HSMP Qualified Banker.

catchme1210
Newly Registered

Post by catchme1210 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:17 pm

Hello all,

Quite a nice thread to discuss dependent's visa. I have a similar case. I got HSMP approval in Nov 07. My EC was stamped on 2nd of April 2008. I am employed here in UK for the last 40 days.
My wife is currently there in India. I have inuff funds to show in my accounts only for the last 12 days since when i received my 1st salary :) However my wife can show the funds distributed in 2-3 accounts.

my 1st question

1) In order to process her dependent visa, is it necessary to show the maintenance funds of £ 1600 held for 3 months?

2) If yes, then can she show a consolidated statement issued by a CA which is also called and Asset Certificate?

3) One of her account is of United States, and since she is in India there is no way to get letter from the bank stating the funds were held for the last 3 months? Is it ok to submit the online statement?

I spoke to VFS bangalore, they said that she has to fill Form10 and the visa fees wud be 17k. Since my HSMP visa was stamped on 2nd April 08, one day late than that critical date of 1st April, would she qualify for HSMP dependent?

If you guys can pour in ur suggestions, it wud be great.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:28 pm

catchme1210 wrote:Hello all,

Quite a nice thread to discuss dependent's visa. I have a similar case. I got HSMP approval in Nov 07. My EC was stamped on 2nd of April 2008. I am employed here in UK for the last 40 days.
My wife is currently there in India. I have inuff funds to show in my accounts only for the last 12 days since when i received my 1st salary :) However my wife can show the funds distributed in 2-3 accounts.

my 1st question

1) In order to process her dependent visa, is it necessary to show the maintenance funds of £ 1600 held for 3 months?

2) If yes, then can she show a consolidated statement issued by a CA which is also called and Asset Certificate?

3) One of her account is of United States, and since she is in India there is no way to get letter from the bank stating the funds were held for the last 3 months? Is it ok to submit the online statement?

I spoke to VFS bangalore, they said that she has to fill Form10 and the visa fees wud be 17k. Since my HSMP visa was stamped on 2nd April 08, one day late than that critical date of 1st April, would she qualify for HSMP dependent?

If you guys can pour in ur suggestions, it wud be great.
The date on which your EC was issued has no significance here. It's the date of your HSMP approval that is important.

In light of this, you should have already guessed the answer to your queries on your own (if you have read through this discussion). If not, read it again ... the answer is already available.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vkm81
Newly Registered

Post by vkm81 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:44 am

Hi,

After getting entry clearance for main applicant and dependant, can dependent travel to UK before the main applicant for the first time??

Or do dependant has to be accompanied by the main applicant????

Please can someone plese help me regarding this.

Regards
vkm81

CoolestGuyC
Member of Standing

Post by CoolestGuyC » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:53 am

Since there are multiple threads on this forum which have discussed this issue (and not reached an firm opinion about this matter), I suggest you do the following:

1. Contact your local British High Commission about this query(explaining the facts about your case). They are very prompt (at least in India) and their replies are definitive.

2. Contact UK Visas Information center: PublicVisaEnqs@fco.gov.uk

3. Contact UK Immigration Office :http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/contac ... tem=130805 with your queries.

You can search the forum for different opinions from others, but better to get an reply from authority itself.

vkm81 wrote:Hi,

After getting entry clearance for main applicant and dependant, can dependent travel to UK before the main applicant for the first time??

Or do dependant has to be accompanied by the main applicant????

Please can someone plese help me regarding this.

Regards
vkm81

Jedi001
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Dependants query

Post by Jedi001 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Hello Friends,

I have a question...it might sound silly but still I want to ask this. I am planning to apply for UK Tier 1 in Dec 08. I am going to be a father in Sept 08 :) now I have planned to apply for myself first and then take my kid and wife later on.

Questions are:

1. If i do not apply for my wife and kid with my application, Would it affect my application in any ways (like a rejection saying that "Home Office people dont feel that I want to make UK as my home country and that is why I am not taking my dependants with me")...?

2. Can someone also guide me in what I should write in the "Exception" section (Part 7.1 - Main Application), shall I just mention that I will applying for my dependants as soon as I get settled over there OR should I simply say that after 3 months I will apply for my dependants?

3. Another question which I have is....Do I have to use a different bank account for the Maintenance fund where I will save money for my dependants or can I use the same account which I will use for my application?

Any help would highly appreciated!!!

Kind Regards

Jedi001