ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Former SIR regional visa - 2nd stage

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

amila_wp
Newly Registered

Post by amila_wp » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:41 am

I would like to share the experience of anyone who has applied or about to apply for the 2nd stage Skilled indp. regional visa - 2nd stage for the PR, after serving the 2 years period in regional Australia. Pl. respond if you have any idea .. Thanks

Wizard of Oz
Newly Registered

Post by Wizard of Oz » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi Amila,

We are just in the beginning stage but I'm also curious to know the answer to your question...

Did you go through the SIR yourself? What is your status right now? I'm curious, because it seems that we're going under the SIR ourselves..

Thanks!

Wizard =D

amila_wp
Newly Registered

To Wizard

Post by amila_wp » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:47 am

Hi W

Thanks for the reply.

My situation is now I am completing the 2nd year in OZ and looking forward to apply for my PR. Before doing so, I would like to hear from someone with my same experience. Like to know more about your situ ...

Wizard of Oz
Newly Registered

Post by Wizard of Oz » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:23 am

What was it like to enter Australia via SIR? I mean, did you get to enjoy any benefits and what were the restrictions (that you would have enjoyed as a PR)?

And can you share how it was when you first moved into Australia via your SIR.... how did you manage to find a house, work, etc...

I would love to know how you did it... will probably soon face the same situatino myself :-)

Thanks!

Wizard =D