ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Processing Delay- Tier 2 partner & child dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

futuregp
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Processing Delay- Tier 2 partner & child dependent

Post by futuregp » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:24 pm

Dear Friends, My wife and baby submitted their biometrics in Karachi (Pakistan) on 16th May 2019. After the passage of 3 weeks, my family felt very anxious. I attempted to contact UKVI during the past week, and on 17th July, I finally received this exact message in 2 separate emails regarding the applications of my wife and baby:

Your Centre Enquiry
Inbox
x

VISAINFO.SHEFO@fco.gov.uk
Thank you for your enquiry received 13 June 2019 regarding your visa application.

Prior to making a decision on an Entry Clearance application, a number of mandatory checks need to be completed in both the applicant’s home country and the UK. Although we aim to decide all applications within our published service standards, this is not always possible as the length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case.

Once these mandatory checks have been completed the results of these checks may mean that further extended checks need to be carried out, this was the case with this application.

Whilst I appreciate the delays are frustrating for the applicant UKVI policy and procedures must remain intact.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete our customer contact survey by visiting https://www.homeofficesurveys.homeoffic ... k/s/2DT8W/

If you have any further enquiries, please visit our website at www.GOV.UK

Kind Regards

UKVI Contact Centre Service - UK Decision Making Centre
www.GOV.UK

I understand my wife's previous Tier 2 dependent visa expired, and after applying again from abroad, she has to undergo a new clearance. My question is: What sort of security clearance is my wife suppose to pass to join me in the UK? She has always been a housewife, and has only interacted with her female friends. She provided police certificates from all countries she lived in during the past 10 years.
Is my baby supposed to pass security clearance as well?
I am feeling very sad and anxious at this unexplained delay. I visited my local MP yesterday who immediately wrote to the UKVI for an update and hopefully speed up the process.
Has anyone else experienced in this forum a situation like this?
My NHS 3 year GP training Tier 2 visa seems to have been successful. I received an email yesterday from the Home Office saying my application has been successful. But with my wife and baby's visa applications hanging in the limbo, I don't feel any happiness at all. I feel being alive in the UK with zero control of my life.
If anyone has any ideas as to the reasons for the delay, please share.
Thanks to everyone.