ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR requirements for PBS dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asset80
Newly Registered

ILR requirements for PBS dependent

Post by asset80 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi

My wife received her PBS dependent extention along when I received my ILR (from Tier 1 General migrant) back in 2016. Now she is due to apply for the ILR.
I would be grateful if any senior member can guide me on the following issues.
1. Is there any funds maintenance requiement she need to satisfy
2. She is receiving child tax credit in her bank account and I am receiving child benefit in my bank account. Could it cause any issue as Gov.UK website mention no use of public fund.

Many Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR requirements for PBS dependent

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:55 pm

1. No.

2. Are you claiming child tax credits in joint names?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

asset80
Newly Registered

Post by asset80 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:49 pm

We are claiming as a couple (joint).

Many Thanks for the help.

asset80
Newly Registered

Post by asset80 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi
I have read the public fund guidance which mentions exception 5 . As we are claiming as a couple, so I think that exception would be relevant making us a couple not subject to immigration controls. Please correct me if I am wrong.
But I have some more questions regarding application form, if you can answer please.
1. Do you or anyone else who is part of this application receive any public funds? Is it Yes or No
Then this question after saying Yes in the above question
2. Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support? Is it Yes or No

There is no bank or utility joint accounts in this case. But for cohibitation evidences, along with other document also are bank statements and utility bills in my name. Does it construe that I am providng financial support to my wife and I should fill the consent form for third party sponsor.

I am not sure if I am the financial sponsor under mentioned circumstances.

Many Thanks