ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for a decision.....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Karmy100
United Kingdom

Re: Still waiting for a decision.....

Post by Karmy100 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:52 pm

Alir86 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:34 pm
Hi
I have applied for my husband spouse visa in March it has been 97 days from the date of biometric still haven’t heard anything back yet so stressed 😩 can someone advise what shall I do contact home Office or wait .😔
Hi I don't know what you are waiting for, if it's been 97 days. Call them or email them. Chase it up. If you don't chase, they will just keep you waiting...

billalahmed
Newly Registered

Post by billalahmed » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:28 pm

I dont think it has been 97 working days if you have applied in March. Would be 97 days in total and remember since March there have been 4 bank holidays.
Karmy100 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:52 pm
Alir86 wrote:
Hi
I have applied for my husband spouse visa in March it has been 97 days from the date of biometric still haven’t heard anything back yet so stressed 😩 can someone advise what shall I do contact home Office or wait .😔
Hi I don't know what you are waiting for, if it's been 97 days. Call them or email them. Chase it up. If you don't chase, they will just keep you waiting...

asifazohaib
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifazohaib » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:44 pm

billalahmed wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:28 pm
I dont think it has been 97 working days if you have applied in March. Would be 97 days in total and remember since March there have been 4 bank holidays.
Karmy100 wrote:
Alir86 wrote:
Hi

i think you should email them it costs £5.60 for email they usually give a reply in 2 working days i hope the best for you i also recieved an email that my case is not straightforward and that they cannot decide my case within there customer targets my lawyer has told me that they are just buzy this is an automated email that goes out just so stressed atm may Allah swt help us all Ameen has anyone else recieved this type of email?

FatimaHussainSami
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Still waiting a decision.............

Post by FatimaHussainSami » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:26 am

FatimaHussainSami wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:26 pm
Hiya Everyone...
I have applied for my husbands spouse visa and here is our timeline so far...

So we applied first time round for my husband's visa (non priority) from Islamabad in February 2019 however found out on 22nd april 2019 when my husband collected his passport his visa has been refused. Reason stating was; as my mum and dad are directors of the company and we didnt provide them with certain documents needed when applying using a family business or if you work in family business. However my solicitor said these were unnecessary reason to refuse as they could of called us or find all this information online as it is public to home office.

So after refusal we decided its better we reapply instead of appeal as it can take 1.5 years waiting time...

Now i applied for husbands spouse Visa (Priority service) Mirpur Pakistan
Timeline is so far;

9th May 2019: online application started

17th May 2019(Morning): husband submits passport biometrics and scanned papers at VFS office in Mirpur Pakistan (this time we choose Mirpur even thought it was a bit expensive as traveling back and forth to Islamabad was too time consuming and expensive for husband) here at Mirpur husband pays for VIP Service of documentation to be sent infront of the queue inhope to save time.

17th May 2019(Afternoon): husband receive text saying "your Visa application for GWFXXXXXXX was forwarded to UKVI on 5/17/19"

20th May 2019: solicitor sends all original documents and my passport to home office in Sheffield

27th May 2019 is bank holiday so we are not sure if this effects us or not

3rd June 2019: Solicitor is contacted in this week (dont know exact date, but in this week) by home office to say they are sending back all original documents and my passport as not needed and they only needed scanned papers of original documents submitted in pakistan.

10th June 2019: still haven't received anything (email for phone call) from home office regarding our case.
With Priority service we hope to hear by 27th June MAX as 30 working days is waiting period for priority service VISAs. Our solicitor said InshaAllah Maybe we should receive a phone call at work from home office regarding our case and by 4 weeks so, 14th to 17th of june 2019 we should hear a reply as they normally contact back in 4 weeks.

I Pray my husband gets his VISA this time, ameen. And Good luck to everyone else waiting. You are not alone.

Will update this when i get final reply from home office once husband collects passport but i thought i should share my case as it is most recent one on this website (i think lol)
UPDATE:

13th June 2019: Solicitor receives all my original documents in his office

18th June 2019: solicitor receives email from home office saying our case is in the uk decision making center and is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer.
However this email also stated the following: PLEASE NOTE: This email is to acknowledge receipt of your Settlement application, if you or your UK sponsor have not already submitted your supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person for a fee of £75 per application, payable in cash or with a debit card. For these locations please refer to:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/news/ ... ement-visa

I met with my solicitor and decided to go to VFS office in london and pay the £75 fee to have all documents rescanned and entered directly into the home office system. This gave us a peace of mind that they now have all our documents as we received the email regarding our case 4.5 weeks after submitting bio metrics and when the solicitor was contacted (3rd june 2019 week) the home office mentioned if we had or had not submitted our scanned documents in Pakistan so we was worried as to if they may or may not have received them.

20th june 2019: visited VFS global in london to rescan and upload supporting documents into home office system at a cost of £75.

Now just praying our case is looked into properly and visa is granted by 28th june 2019 as we paid for priority. InshaAllah!!

asifazohaib
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifazohaib » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:41 am

FatimaHussainSami wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:26 am
FatimaHussainSami wrote:
Hiya Everyone...

So we applied first time round for my husband's visa (non priority) from Islamabad in February 2019 however found out on 22nd april 2019 when my husband collected his passport his visa has been refused. Reason stating was; as my mum and dad are directors of the company and we didnt provide them with certain documents needed when applying using a family business or if you work in family business. However my solicitor said these were unnecessary reason to refuse as they could of called us or find all this information online as it is public to home office.

So after refusal we decided its better we reapply instead of appeal as it can take 1.5 years waiting time...

Timeline is so far;

17th May 2019(Morning): husband submits passport biometrics and scanned papers at VFS office in Mirpur Pakistan (this time we choose Mirpur even thought it was a bit expensive as traveling back and forth to Islamabad was too time consuming and expensive for husband) here at Mirpur husband pays for VIP Service of documentation to be sent infront of the queue inhope to save time.

17th May 2019(Afternoon): husband receive text saying "your Visa application for GWFXXXXXXX was forwarded to UKVI on 5/17/19"

20th May 2019: solicitor sends all original documents and my passport to home office in Sheffield

3rd June 2019: Solicitor is contacted in this week (dont know exact date, but in this week) by home office to say they are sending back all original documents and my passport as not needed and they only needed scanned papers of original documents submitted in pakistan.

10th June 2019: still haven't received anything (email for phone call) from home office regarding our case.
With Priority service we hope to hear by 27th June MAX as 30 working days is waiting period for priority service VISAs. Our solicitor said InshaAllah Maybe we should receive a phone call at work from home office regarding our case and by 4 weeks so, 14th to 17th of june 2019 we should hear a reply as they normally contact back in 4 weeks.

I Pray my husband gets his VISA this time, ameen. And Good luck to everyone else waiting. You are not alone.

Will update this when i get final reply from home office once husband collects passport but i thought i should share my case as it is most recent one on this website (i think lol)
UPDATE:

18th June 2019: solicitor receives email from home office saying our case is in the uk decision making center and is being prepared for consideration by an entry clearance officer.
However this email also stated the following: PLEASE NOTE: This email is to acknowledge receipt of your Settlement application, if you or your UK sponsor have not already submitted your supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person for a fee of £75 per application, payable in cash or with a debit card. For these locations please refer to:

I met with my solicitor and decided to go to VFS office in london and pay the £75 fee to have all documents rescanned and entered directly into the home office system. This gave us a peace of mind that they now have all our documents as we received the email regarding our case 4.5 weeks after submitting bio metrics and when the solicitor was contacted (3rd june 2019 week) the home office mentioned if we had or had not submitted our scanned documents in Pakistan so we was worried as to if they may or may not have received them.

20th june 2019: visited VFS global in london to rescan and upload supporting documents into home office system at a cost of £75.

Now just praying our case is looked into properly and visa is granted by 28th june 2019 as we paid for priority. InshaAllah!!

hey has it changed now my lawyer sent them to sheffield i dont get it i sumbitted my application in march still no reply. my documents were sent to sheffield

FatimaHussainSami
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FatimaHussainSami » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:07 am

asifazohaib wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:41 am
FatimaHussainSami wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:26 am
FatimaHussainSami wrote:
Hiya Everyone...

Timeline is so far;

UPDATE:

hey has it changed now my lawyer sent them to sheffield i dont get it i sumbitted my application in march still no reply. my documents were sent to sheffield
As far as i know... the home office system for spouse visas all changed end of april/beginning of may. As when we got a call from the home office the officer said since May they dont scan original documents at their centre, its just our duty to make sure when biometrics are taken our documents are all scanned and then he said we should also wait for an email to instruct us future but it seemed more like a generic email not too personalised so we didnt want to risk it and went to VFS in london to rescan all our documents.

I hope this helps.
I think in your case if your over your 12 weeks waiting time or the 60 working days its better you email or call the home office to see what they are doing with your case.

asifazohaib
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifazohaib » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:21 pm

oh i see i hope the best for you inshaAllah you get a positive outcome inshaAllah my lawyer did contact then and they sent out a generic email still waiting dont know when this wait will end :(

Spouse2019
Newly Registered
India

Post by Spouse2019 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:29 pm

Hi All

I received an email after my second escalation advising that your sponsor’s documents i.e. your sponsors documents to enable us to progress your application.

I have sent another email enquiry as this response was from an automated email address.

Does anyone know what this means?

asifazohaib
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifazohaib » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 pm

Spouse2019 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:29 pm
Hi All

I received an email after my second escalation advising that your sponsor’s documents i.e. your sponsors documents to enable us to progress your application.

I have sent another email enquiry as this response was from an automated email address.

when did you make the application also when did you send documents? are they asking for more documents?

aisirf
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aisirf » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:00 pm

Submitted online application on 9th March and Biometric appointment was on 11th March 2019, sent documents to Sheffield and received them back too. Its been 70 working days since biometrics appointment, I phoned them but was told its still awaiting decision but I am worried sick. I have read about people that have applied after me but have already received their decision. This is just getting me even more worried - I do not know what to do!

asifazohaib
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifazohaib » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:07 pm

aisirf wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:00 pm
Submitted online application on 9th March and Biometric appointment was on 11th March 2019, sent documents to Sheffield and received them back too. Its been 70 working days since biometrics appointment, I phoned them but was told its still awaiting decision but I am worried sick. I have read about people that have applied after me but have already received their decision. This is just getting me even more worried - I do not know what to do!

hey same here applied 15th march documents recieved back biometrics done 26th march still nothing your not alone im so stressed its so annoying when did you call them?

Chapterixx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Chapterixx » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:36 pm

Hi,

Just adding our status to the list.

Online application made on 16th May 2019
Biometric attended by spouse on 20th May
Supporting documents submitted on 21st May
Case Handler acknowledgement on 19th June

'Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the submission date' - Not sure if our 12 weeks started on the 19th of June, or in May when we completed our online application/submitted our documents.

FatimaHussainSami
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by FatimaHussainSami » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:10 pm

Chapterixx wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:36 pm
Hi,

'Please note that UKVI aims to complete all Settlement Visa applications within 12 weeks of the submission date' - Not sure if our 12 weeks started on the 19th of June, or in May when we completed our online application/submitted our documents.
Hiya, your 12 weeks start from the day your spouse attended their biometrics appointment so for you that's 20th of may.

I wanted to ask where did your spouse attend their biometric appointment because my husband did his on the 17th of may so the friday before yours and i see your spouse did theirs the next available day with is 20th of may and i received my case handler acknowledgement 1 day before you too on the 18th of june. And did you apply priority or non priority. Sorry if im being too nosey. Im just glad someone done their application similar dates to mine. Thank alot :)

Spouse2019
Newly Registered
India

Post by Spouse2019 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm

asifazohaib wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 pm
Spouse2019 wrote:
Hi All

when did you make the application also when did you send documents? are they asking for more documents?
We applied online on 30th march biometrics 1 april. We applied on priority application and i have escalated twice. They did not say what documents just please send your sponsors documents??!

Alir86
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Alir86 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:36 pm

billalahmed wrote:
Karmy100 wrote:
Alir86 wrote:
Hi

I know was bank holidays and in March was Easter holidays as well I am not sure now how many days but I have submitted my husbands application on the 7th of March and his biometric was on the 15th of March it was non priority application and I have applied trough the lawyer I have phone my lawyer to he is saying wait until end of this month I didn’t receive any call from HO neither my employer god knows m so scared wats going on with our application my heart beat fast when I think about to contacting them honestly it’s so stressful this period of time .😔

aisirf
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aisirf » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:37 pm

asifazohaib wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:07 pm
aisirf wrote:

hey same here applied 15th march documents recieved back biometrics done 26th march still nothing your not alone im so stressed its so annoying when did you call them?
I phoned them 10th June

aisirf
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by aisirf » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:39 pm

Alir86 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:36 pm
billalahmed wrote:
Karmy100 wrote:
Alir86 wrote:
Hi

I know was bank holidays and in March was Easter holidays as well I am not sure now how many days but I have submitted my husbands application on the 7th of March and his biometric was on the 15th of March it was non priority application and I have applied trough the lawyer I have phone my lawyer to he is saying wait until end of this month I didn’t receive any call from HO neither my employer god knows m so scared wats going on with our application my heart beat fast when I think about to contacting them honestly it’s so stressful this period of time .😔
I know it is - if they have given a SLA of 60 working days or 12 weeks then it should not go beyond that

asifazohaib
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifazohaib » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:13 pm

Spouse2019 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 pm
asifazohaib wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 pm
Spouse2019 wrote:
Hi All

We applied online on 30th march biometrics 1 april. We applied on priority application and i have escalated twice. They did not say what documents just please send your sponsors documents??!

when did you send the documents did you send the through royal mail or other courier service did you track to see if they recieved your doc?

Chapterixx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Chapterixx » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:17 pm

FatimaHussainSami wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:10 pm
Chapterixx wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:36 pm
Hi,

Hiya, your 12 weeks start from the day your spouse attended their biometrics appointment so for you that's 20th of may.

I wanted to ask where did your spouse attend their biometric appointment because my husband did his on the 17th of may so the friday before yours and i see your spouse did theirs the next available day with is 20th of may and i received my case handler acknowledgement 1 day before you too on the 18th of june. And did you apply priority or non priority. Sorry if im being too nosey. Im just glad someone done their application similar dates to mine. Thank alot :)
Hi, no.. our solicitor advised against the priority service, they said it was a bit useless.. However, she attended a center in Lima. I submitted everything document wise in Manchester.

Alir86
Newly Registered
Scotland

Post by Alir86 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:58 am

aisirf wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:37 pm
asifazohaib wrote:
aisirf wrote:

I phoned them 10th June
What did they reply on ur call ? What’s going on with ur application please do post when anyone gets there decision who’s all applied in March .x

asifazohaib
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifazohaib » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:26 pm

Alir86 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:58 am
aisirf wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:37 pm
asifazohaib wrote:
aisirf wrote:

I phoned them 10th June
What did they reply on ur call ? What’s going on with ur application please do post when anyone gets there decision who’s all applied in March .x

yeh will do definitely.

zainie786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zainie786 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:16 pm

Our timeline

Type of visa applied for: Spouse settlement / Wife
Priority/Non-Priority: Non Priority,
Application centre - Hyderabad India
Online Application Submitted: 31/03/2019
Bio-metrics taken: 08/04/2019
Documents submitted in London : 11/04/19
Email stating "Your Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer": 29/05/19 (35 wd)
Employer contacted by UKVI: No
Sponsor contacted by UKVI: No
Case not straightforward email: no
Decision made email from UKVI: no
VFS Text for passport collection: no
Passport Collected: no

Called the helpline today and got told a decision has been made... 56wd

Question is, no one has contacted me or the mrs, nor employer, nor landlord... but worried, but am probably overthinking as I definitely submitted too much evidence.

ANKST
India

Post by ANKST » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:35 pm

zainie786 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:16 pm
Our timeline

Application centre - Hyderabad India
Email stating "Your Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer": 29/05/19 (35 wd)
VFS Text for passport collection: no
Passport Collected: no

Called the helpline today and got told a decision has been made... 56wd

Question is, no one has contacted me or the mrs, nor employer, nor landlord... but worried, but am probably overthinking as I definitely submitted too much evidence.
Hello,
I had my biometrics appointment on 9/4/2019, a day after yours and I haven't heard anything yet. Just waiting for the 60 days time period to be over to call the helpline. Please update if you hear anything.

asifazohaib
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by asifazohaib » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:47 am

Recieved email today

With regards to your query, we escalated your case to the relevant department. You should be contacted regarding your case within 15 working days from the date of escalation.

Your patience is highly appreciated.

applied on 15th march
biometrics 26th march

zainie786
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by zainie786 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:53 pm

Spoke to VFS 21/06/19 : Awaiting Decision
Spoke to VFS 25/06/19 : Decision Made
VFS Text for passport collection: yes 26/06/19
Passport Collected: yes (Vignette 01/07/19-31/07/19) (Letter dated 24/06/19)

Thanks to everyone here, especially the mod team. Best of luck to everyone who applies, there is light at the end of tunnel. Special thanks to Casa who stopped me making a huge mistake.