ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tammy123
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa.

Post by tammy123 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:45 pm

Im due to shortly apply for a fiamce visa for my partner who is in Yemen.
Just a quick question should i include the western union reciepts i have which show i have sent him money over the last few months. This was for various things including money for him to do some shopping for me, gifts for his family, and generally helping him out.

Is it a good idea?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:04 am

Tammy, well let's put it this way ... it is not a bad idea. Include anything that might confirm that the relationship is real, and will not lead to a "marriage of convenience". So lots of "evidence of contact" to be included.

Basic question ... have the two of you met? I expect you have, but this is a basic requirement of a fiancé visa application.
John

tammy123
Newly Registered

Fiance Visa

Post by tammy123 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:15 am

yes we have met,of course. I have lots of evidence of of contact since we have been apart.

I have been finacially supporting him for while as he was studying and not working. I juts was wondering wether they would take me supporting him in a negative way.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:48 am

No I don't think so. It is what one of a loving couple might do for the other. I see this as a positive aspect, not negative.
John

tammy123
Newly Registered

Post by tammy123 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:41 am

Thanks for your input on this. i appreciate it. OK so im going to include a screenshot form my western union account page...do you think i should out a covering note with it to explain what each payment was for?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:57 am

I think you should work on the basis that it is best to give too much information, rather than too little. So yes, including the information you mention can only be a good thing.
John