ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extended Family: pre-settlement question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Extended Family: pre-settlement question

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:06 pm

Hello board members,

I am an EEA national and I sponsored the residence of an extended family member.

A few months after the residence card was delivered, the extended family member found a job and moved. So technically, at this point, there is no dependency and the extended family member is not part of my household any longer.

Then, the extended family member filled a pre-settlement application with the Home Office presenting evidence of current address and work. I am trying to help and I spent a few hours reading the new guidelines. Until this week, I wasn't really aware about that process and what it involves.

My main question really is: would they test again the conditions or is it just for them to convert the existing residence card to the new scheme?

My concern grew after reading some recent official publications that seem to suggest that everything will be tested again including the dependency and being part of the household.

Any guidance would be appreciated as would like to prepare options in case of difficulties.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Extended Family: pre-settlement question

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:57 am

I have been reading more documents this morning. I found some relevant items. I share them here in case they are useful for anyone else.

I am referring to a document called "eu settlement scheme caseworker guidance" issued on March 29th (v 1.0)

Page 54:

It seems obvious