ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Warning at ukvisas.gov.uk

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nabsha

Warning at ukvisas.gov.uk

Post by nabsha » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:20 pm

Please read the following Warning I found on ukvisas.gov.uk
"
Important!
To qualify for Tier 1 of the Points Based System you must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself and any dependants. For the main applicant this is £2,800 with a further £1,600 needed for each dependant accompanying you or planning to join you within 12 months of your arrival in the UK. These amounts must be held in your bank account for a minimum period of 3 months immediately preceding the date of your application."
[Source:http: // www .ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf21pbsgeneralmigrant]

My question is what does this imply to?
- Does this mean that, when applying VISA for principal applicant only, one has to show maintenance funds for dependants, who are willing to join within 12 months? (and dependants application is made independently afterwards?) OR
- Does this mean that when applying VISA for principal applicant + dependents one should show funds for dependents, who can travel within 12 months after getting VISA?

Thanks for comments.

Regards,
Nabsha
-
[/u]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Have a look at the Appendix 1 PBS self-assessment form and you'll note this clearly mentioned under the maintenance section. The UKBA website also mentions the fact clearly.

BTW, why do you call this a *warning*?? :D

As per the so-called warning you have posted, answers to both your questions is *yes*. Whether this is strictly followed by BHC in your home country can only be found out from local BHC/VAC.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:07 am

Hi,

I understand this rule is already quoted on Appendix 1 form. However, I like to know if this rule has been there since Tier1 inception or it has come into force since July 4th?

rule - even primary applicant is applying alone initially, he/she needs to satisfy Maintenance criteria for dependents too?

Tier1 guidelines does not address this clause at all and forms are mostly filled at the last phase of application preparation. T1 has just been only 4 days old for out-of-country applicants (except India) then how can new applicants meets this requirement?

Any rule changes pertaining to Maintenance funds should be published from 90 days prior to its implementation.

your thoughts.....

I applied today (4th July) alone, without dependent (I have wife) as her local residency permit is still now issued. Her ineligibility was good for me I was little short of GBP 4400 in April begining. I did notice this strange clause while filling up the form yesterday but I had already filled the online version of VAF9 and paid the mandatory fees because I had to take the appointment, online was the only option to pay the fees. I have consistently maintained GBP 2800 for self but this restriction has already marred my chance.

Can I still do something now? or its gone!

I have always maintaned alteast GBP 4400 equivalent in my Indian account but 7 days restriction didn't allow me to use them. 7 days are insufficient to get Bank statement from India to any other country.

I am the first Tier1 General applicant from seconded country. VAC guy had not heard of PBS Tier1 General programme, he had to search his mailbox to find relevant T1 checklist and I had to explain why I was giving him each doc. I had to convince him to accept Appendix 1 form because he had only dealt with online forms so far and was reluctant. He forced me to submit marriage certificate even though i was applyng alone.

I wonder if UKBA had created such a comprehensive Self Assessment Tool which has a such huge data of Univs across world then why does it give a miss to include number of dependents in Maintenance (Funds) section.

Thanks,
Rajesh.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:11 am

rajesh9pl wrote:Any rule changes pertaining to Maintenance funds should be published from 90 days prior to its implementation.
Welcome to the real world. Applicants in India did not get any 90 day advance notice to start maintaining 2800 and 1600 pounds. They did not even get any special consideration like the incountry applicants got - closing balance showing min. balance was good enough until 29-Jun for incountry applicants.

Anyhow, I am given to understand that this statement (quoted above) was on the Tier 1 application form (VAF9A) ever since Tier 1 was introduced in India. Although I cannot substantiate it, it is my opinion and belief that this is more of a "good to have" thing, than a "mandatory" requirement. But since I cannot substantiate it, don't take my word for it.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ashgok

reply urgent!

Post by ashgok » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:22 pm

hey u seem to be the moderator,

i need just 2 answers,
how many months maintenance funds do i need to show within the UK?

What points would i gain for salary in the range of 20K to 24K?

thanks,
ash
sushdmehta wrote:Have a look at the Appendix 1 PBS self-assessment form and you'll note this clearly mentioned under the maintenance section. The UKBA website also mentions the fact clearly.

As per the so-called warning you have posted, answers to both your questions is *yes*. Whether this is strictly followed by BHC in your home country can only be found out from local BHC/VAC.

regards

nevadawipes

Re: reply urgent!

Post by nevadawipes » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:41 pm

ashgok wrote:hey u seem to be the moderator,

i need just 2 answers,

thanks,
ash
sushdmehta wrote:Have a look at the Appendix 1 PBS self-assessment form and you'll note this clearly mentioned under the maintenance section. The UKBA website also mentions the fact clearly.

regards

i am going to give you a bit of home work to do :

ans.1 - go to p.32 of guidance notes

ans.2 - go to p.17 of guidance notes

grant :D

ashgok

Post by ashgok » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:00 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :lol:
that was posted long time back u r answering that now.... :roll:

ash
nevadawipes wrote:

i need just 2 answers,

thanks,
ash

regards

nevadawipes

Post by nevadawipes » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:29 pm

ashgok wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. :lol:
that was posted long time back u r answering that now.... :roll:

ash
nevadawipes wrote:

i need just 2 answers,

thanks,
ash

regards

you asked those questions at 11.22am today and i answered them at 1.41pm, whenever i could? questions werent asnwered by any1, so i thaught why not i should.

rather then saying thanks you are telling me that its too late to ans ur q??

thats amazing!!

u r 1 v. arrogant person if u werent joking.

Grant