ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund from UKVI

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Refund from UKVI

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:46 am

aastha wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:29 pm
Hi,
I applied for ILR on 29 may by using set M form. Got refusal. After a help realised used wrong form. I should have used the Set O form.
Applied again using set O form and granted ILR.
Is there any way I can ask for refund for my previous application.
I understand I used a wrong form as I got confused with the explanation of Set M - it's for spouse of a settled person. My husband has got ILR and I am spouse so I used set M. But shouldn't a person who handled my application has made a sensible call and ask for a correct form. After all it's a very expensive service £3208. It's a lot to lose in a one go.
Any advice/suggestions will be of great help.
Thanks
complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk or
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk

A service standard survey link is usually sent out after one receives their approval. Probably also after a refusal.
You should articulate your concern. Also search the forum for similar posts.
You should have probably raised this issue at the time in a reconsideration appeal or they should have offered you another route.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:15 am

aman90 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:46 am
aastha wrote:
Hi,
I applied for ILR on 29 may by using set M form. Got refusal. After a help realised used wrong form. I should have used the Set O form.
I understand I used a wrong form as I got confused with the explanation of Set M - it's for spouse of a settled person. My husband has got ILR and I am spouse so I used set M. But shouldn't a person who handled my application has made a sensible call and ask for a correct form. After all it's a very expensive service £3208. It's a lot to lose in a one go.
Thanks

A service standard survey link is usually sent out after one receives their approval. Probably also after a refusal.
You should have probably raised this issue at the time in a reconsideration appeal or they should have offered you another route.
Topics merged. User did ask for help after refusal recently.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aastha
Newly Registered

Post by aastha » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:00 pm

They did not sent any link. All they sent a letter of refusal. Stating that they can grant me limited time to remain in UK and I have to £1000 for IHS and I can not appeal against.
They are charging a big money for this service but they dont provide that level of service.
I understand I made a mistake with set M definition but I am sure the person who handled by application can easily see that I was eligible instead he refused instead contacting me for right application.
aman90 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:46 am
aastha wrote:
Hi,
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:08 pm

It is and always has been, the applicants responsibility to ensure they are making the correct application and submitting the correct supporting documents.

You cannot get a refund for an application that has already been decided and in your case, refused.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:17 pm

aastha wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:00 pm
They did not sent any link. All they sent a letter of refusal. Stating that they can grant me limited time to remain in UK and I have to £1000 for IHS and I can not appeal against.
They are charging a big money for this service but they dont provide that level of service.
I understand I made a mistake with set M definition but I am sure the person who handled by application can easily see that I was eligible instead he refused instead contacting me for right application.
Ok. So you were offered another route as per the application you submitted earlier but instead of pursuing it you re-applied for ILR on the correct form.
I empathise with you. You should give it a try. You never know they might show compassion for ur mistake.
Articulate a polite email. Requesting a refund. Explaining how and why you got confused as well as how the case worker could have exercised discretion and given you time to apply on the correct form.
I feel I've seen this matter discussed on this forum before where someone was successful in getting a refund. Could be different circumstances. Let us know when ur successful!

aastha
Newly Registered

Post by aastha » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:06 am

Oh someone was successful to get refund. Its give me a bit of hope.
I understand what you are saying but If i would have paid for IHS they would have put me for 10 year route under FLR P. So solicitor suggested reapply.
I will try to request for a refund. 🤞quote=aman90 post_id=1796157 time=1561396678 user_id=119442]
aastha wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:00 pm
Ok. So you were offered another route as per the application you submitted earlier but instead of pursuing it you re-applied for ILR on the correct form.
I empathise with you. You should give it a try. You never know they might show compassion for ur mistake.
Articulate a polite email. Requesting a refund. Explaining how and why you got confused as well as how the case worker could have exercised discretion and given you time to apply on the correct form.
I feel I've seen this matter discussed on this forum before where someone was successful in getting a refund. Could be different circumstances. Let us know when ur successful!
[/quote]

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 am

Those who receive a refund is when they update the correct application or vary an extension application to ILR, HO then refunds the previous fee paid.

This doesn't appear to be the case for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Dosm
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Dosm » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 am
Those who receive a refund is when they update the correct application or vary an extension application to ILR, HO then refunds the previous fee paid.

This is my situation, in this case how do I go about getting a refund.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:04 am

Dosm wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:56 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 am

This is my situation, in this case how do I go about getting a refund.
Instead of tagging your different questions and statements onto other members topics, pleas start your own thread with your circumstances and questions. It is unfair to other users if you tag onto their threads and creates confusion when members respond. You have tagged onto to different topics already today.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Fuunbenz
Newly Registered
India

Post by Fuunbenz » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:59 pm

Hello,

I have done the same mistake. Today I applied for my wife's ILR using a super priority service (Birmingham) and I used SET (M) form instead of SET (O). This evening we received an email from UKVI as below -

"Thank you for your recent application to settle in the UK as the partner of a person, or parent of a child, who is in the UK and settled here (spouse/partner route).

Your application has been made using form SET(M), which is considered according to the criteria laid down in Appendix FM of the Immigration rules.

However, we note from your immigration history that you have previous leave under Tier 2 category and as such you have no qualifying time on the spouse/partner route under Appendix FM. Were your application to proceed it is highly unlikely that your application for settlement would succeed and result in a grant of Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

Accordingly, we would like to give you the opportunity to review your application. If after you have reviewed your application, you would like to vary (change) your application to one on another route to settlement, please advise us of your decision within 14 days of the date of this letter.

If you advise us, that you have decided to vary your application and not use the SET(M) route, we will pass your application to the team dealing with the appropriate route. Please note, the transfer of your application to another team does not imply it will accepted, it will still be subject to consideration under the criteria of the new route you have chosen. Furthermore, there may a difference in the fees required to consider your application and the new team will contact you regarding this, if this is the case.

If you chose not to vary your SET(M) application or do not reply within 14 days of the date of this letter, your application will then be considered using the criteria laid down in Appendix FM.

If you are unclear about what your choices are, you are strongly urged to consult with an accredited Immigration Adviser for further guidance.

Please note as we have responded to yourself within the 24 hours service standard, we have met our obligation under the Super Priority Fee and you will not be eligible for a refund of the Super Priority Fee."

@aastha, haven't you received this email?

I have responded to that email stating I would like to change the route and waiting for their response. When they say "you will not be eligible for a refund of the super priority fee", I presume and hope it's just the £800 that we paid for the super priority service and not the full application fee of £3208.20

kawal123
Newly Registered
India

Post by kawal123 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:51 pm

Hi,

i got my ILR last year thorugh 5 years tier 2 route. did my wife's application yesterday and ended up submitting set(M) instead of set(O) as suggested by gov.uk website that set(M) is the form that should be used for settled person.Already paid £3208 and now completely confused about what to do. can anyone please help.

kawal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:10 pm

kawal123 wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:51 pm
Hi,

i got my ILR last year thorugh 5 years tier 2 route. did my wife's application yesterday and ended up submitting set(M) instead of set(O) as suggested by gov.uk website that set(M) is the form that should be used for settled person.Already paid £3208 and now completely confused about what to do. can anyone please help.

kawal
Can you please desist from tagging the same duplicate post on every topic you find!!!

Start your own thread with your circumstances and questions!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)