ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I file for myself as a qualified Professional?

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rockhall

Can I file for myself as a qualified Professional?

Post by rockhall » Sat May 17, 2008 11:59 pm

Is there a system in the US, where a professional can file for him or herself?
They fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.

asiantig
Newly Registered

Post by asiantig » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:23 pm

Unfortunately, the US doesn't have such an option. Your choices are getting married, the diversity visa lottery, or sponsored by a US based employer. Well, there's asylum, but I'm guessing that's not an option you need. :)

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:03 pm

Asiantig, yes, there are a few options for professionals of outstanding capabilities (look for that on google), there are at least three types that you can apply directly.
"The US Government introduced the H1B visa to offer and enable highly skilled International Professionals and/or International Students, from all over the World, the opportunity to live and work in the USA"
"EB-1-1 (Alien of Extraordinary Ability) Immigrant Visa Requirements

There are two ways to satisfy the requirements for an EB-1-1 immigrant visa. The first is receiving a major, internationally recognized award. Fortunately for those who haven’t won the Nobel Prize yet, the second set of standards is not as difficult to achieve. The INS regulations (8 C.F.R. § 204.5(h)(3)) require that a petitioner fulfill at least three of the following ten standards:

"
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)