ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR same day service application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samoj
Newly Registered

ILR same day service application

Post by samoj » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi

I applied for my ILR application based on 5 yr WP through a solicitor on same day service.

I meet all the requirement

5 year continous WP with one employer
Life in UK test
No holidays or breaks
No public fund access
No breach of immigration rules
Sufficient funds available

Still the Home office said they are unable to decide my application and they would like to check UK work permit records before they can make a decision.

Any ideas as to how long it will take them to sort this out and as to why on earth they need to check such a straightforward case?

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:44 pm

Samoj,
It is unfortunate, but some nationality's are singled out for extra investigation and I would imagine this is the case with you.
Don't worry if you have nothing to hide.

If you don't mind me asking but what is your nationality?

Good luck.

samoj
Newly Registered

Post by samoj » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks for your reply Siggi

I am an Indian National.

Trust me my case is as straight forward as it can be

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:54 pm

Maybe it's ur company since u say they are checking WP records. Is it possible they could have abused the WP system?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: ILR same day service application

Post by gotcha » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:01 pm

samoj wrote:Hi
No holidays or breaks
Strange !

As said earlier, might be something to do with your employer.

samoj
Newly Registered

Post by samoj » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:02 pm

I am the only work permit holder in the company and i dont think they have abused in anyway.....atleast from what i know.

But last year the company transfered its assets and liabilities to a brand new company and this was informed to the WP department and the WP UK issued a new WP employment document in the new company name for me.

Do you think the HO wants to verify this with the WP UK?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:08 pm

samoj wrote:I am the only work permit holder in the company and i dont think they have abused in anyway.....atleast from what i know.

But last year the company transfered its assets and liabilities to a brand new company and this was informed to the WP department and the WP UK issued a new WP employment document in the new company name for me.

Do you think the HO wants to verify this with the WP UK?
It is very difficult to predict.
But, as said earlier, if you have nothing to hide, then don't worry.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:21 pm

Samoj,
Yes this is very odd, but I really would'nt worry too, just be a bit patience.

llNicell

Post by llNicell » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:38 pm

If application is submitted for same day service and decision could not be made on that day, HO caseworker gives a letter to explain the reason for holding decision. If they need any additional info which they must have explained in letter and you need to submit within 14days. If nothing is required from you, they will make the decision based on your submitted documents and hope you will hear HO decision within 15-20days. Talk to your solicitor about content of the letter from HO caseworker.

In my case HO hold the decision on same day but I received my ILR stamped passport after exactly 14days.