ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT HELP! Temporary Accommodation from Council Spouse Visa UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZiZo
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

URGENT HELP! Temporary Accommodation from Council Spouse Visa UK

Post by ZiZo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:43 am

Hi, I live in the Uk and my husband lives in Ghana. We were due to submit our application this week when I took a look through my documents again.

I recently gave birth, and during my pregnancy I had some housing issues, so the council placed me in temporary accommodation. They have accepted full duty to rehouse me and I have evidence of this. I now live in a studio flat with my twin daughters - they are 4 months old so don’t count towards overcrowding.

Just looking through my tenancy agreement, and at the top it says it falls under the Housing Act 1996. In the immigration rules paragraph 6a, when they describe public funds, This housing act is mentioned :( does that mean we can no longer apply??

Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: URGENT HELP! Temporary Accommodation from Council Spouse Visa UK

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:27 am

Will council be able to issue noc letter for your partner?

How about your income of £18600??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ZiZo
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ZiZo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:03 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:27 am
Will council be able to issue noc letter for your partner?

How about your income of £18600??
No they won’t, I asked my case worker a number of times and he simply said no. He needs the the home office to email him before he can send out anything... which is impossible.

For accommodation documents I have my tenancy agreement, council tax bill, utility and a property inspection and I got a letter from the supplier (the landlord) to confirm one other person can live there.

I’m on maternity leave right now, so I had to provide 6 months of payslips and bank statements prior to Maternity leave. My salary is way over the requirement, all the other documents are completely fine.

I’m just abit confused right now, what do u think I should do!

JB007
- thin ice -
United Kingdom

Post by JB007 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:03 am

ZiZo wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:43 am
the council placed me in temporary accommodation. They have accepted full duty to rehouse me and I have evidence of this.
To get that, you must have told the council you are homeless/about to be homeless and that you are unable to house yourself and your babies. One of the requirements for a spouse visa is that the sponsor (you) can show that you can house your spouse, yet you have claimed to the council that you cannot house yourself.
ZiZo wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:43 am
My salary is way over the requirement,
If you have the salary to meet the financial requirement aspect to sponsor a spouse, then why didn't you just apply for private rentals yourself? Surely your husband would have been sending you money to pay for his children?

Although temporary housing bumps you up the council waiting list, it can still take ages to get a council property and others can still go before you on the list if their need is greater. The council have fulfilled their duty to house your babies, albeit temporary.

ZiZo
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ZiZo » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:09 pm

Yes, at that time that was my circumstance. I pay full rent for my flat, and that is where I live now. All the same, thank you for your advice.

What would you suggest I do now? Rent a new place before he can submit his application?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Had you honestly disclosed your earnings to council staff who assisted you in temporary accommodation.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ZiZo
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by ZiZo » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:36 pm

seagul wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:50 pm
Had you honestly disclosed your earnings to council staff who assisted you in temporary accommodation.
Yes I did, and because I was heavily pregnant and my situation was an emergency they placed me in temporary accommodation. Although they gave me the place, I pay full rent for my flat.