ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yukapion
Newly Registered
Japan

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Post by yukapion » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:28 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of applying for ILR through Tier 2.

There is a question in the application:
"Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"
And it asks for specific date I lived there and reason I lived there.

I lived in 3 countries since I was born and mainly one country for most of my life. Most of the movements happened before I was 5 years old. I am wondering if I would need to provide evidence for this e.g. passport stamps? Do you think they would need to see the original passports as I don't have it with me and they might be lost.

I hope someone who has been a similar situation could help me clarify this please. The final bit of the application does not ask the old passports but obviously I do not want to take any risks, hence I am asking it. I would really appreciate any help with this.
Thank you very much in advance.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:29 am

Declare all the countries you lived in as the question asks for it with the dates and reason. You are not required to provide any proof for it.

You will only be required to provide proof of the absences for the last 5 year qualifying period.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

yukapion
Newly Registered
Japan

Re: Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

Post by yukapion » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:58 am

Thank you very much.
Just want to check if you had recent experience of doing that? Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:22 am

yukapion wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:58 am
Thank you very much.
Just want to check if you had recent experience of doing that? Thanks!
I just got my ILR last month and I did the same.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

yukapion
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by yukapion » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:29 pm

Thank you very much! I'll do the same then.

iramMushtaq1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by iramMushtaq1 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:41 pm

Other countries I have lived in

I haven't not lived in any other country except my country of birth.do I have to include my country of birth or not

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:44 pm

iramMushtaq1 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:41 pm
Other countries I have lived in

I haven't not lived in any other country except my country of birth.do I have to include my country of birth or not
Can you please continue in your existing topic and not tag onto other users threads!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.