ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online ILR Application via Tier 2 General route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

taziz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Online ILR Application via Tier 2 General route

Post by taziz » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:20 am

Hi guys,
First of all my apologies if these were asked before, i tried to search but could find the answers :|

I am applying for ILR via Tier 2 (general) route.
could some please help me on questions below ? :

Question 1:
While filling my application online, they asked:
DATE YOU FIRST ENTERED UK
When you first entered UK?
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started:

So, my question is, which date should I enter here, as I am basing my application on Entry Clearance Data and NOT the Entry to UK date.

Question 2:
As they said in guide, that our delayed entry to UK is counted as absence,(I entered UK after 32 days of getting my Entry Clearance i.e. visa) So, do I have to mention delayed entry in the letter too (letter of confirmation of absence from employer)?

Question 3:
I have dependants (wife & kid) they still have their visas valid until 2020 , but I am applying only for myself using super priority service and will apply for them later, is that ok? OR do I have to mention it with cover letter explain them the situation?

any help would be highly appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online ILR Application via Tier 2 General route

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:23 am

Question 1:
This is the date you entered the UK when the period of stay you are basing this application on started:

So, my question is, which date should I enter here, as I am basing my application on Entry Clearance Data and NOT the Entry to UK date.
The question clearly stated the date you ENTERED the UK and not the 'date of entry clearance visa'. Simply put the date you arrived in the UK. HO know the rules.
Question 2:
As they said in guide, that our delayed entry to UK is counted as absence,(I entered UK after 32 days of getting my Entry Clearance i.e. visa) So, do I have to mention delayed entry in the letter too (letter of confirmation of absence from employer)?
No, not as far as I am aware. Simply add it to your absence details in the form.
Question 3:
I have dependants (wife & kid) they still have their visas valid until 2020 , but I am applying only for myself using super priority service and will apply for them later, is that ok? OR do I have to mention it with cover letter explain them the situation?
Yes fine. No need to explain in a letter.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

taziz
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: Online ILR Application via Tier 2 General route

Post by taziz » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:51 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:23 am
Question 1:

The question clearly stated the date you ENTERED the UK and not the 'date of entry clearance visa'. Simply put the date you arrived in the UK. HO know the rules.
Question 2:
No, not as far as I am aware. Simply add it to your absence details in the form.
Question 3:
Yes fine. No need to explain in a letter.

Wow, what a swift response, thanks alot :)