ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born outside UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child Born outside UK

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:36 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

salman83

Post by salman83 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi,
I have two questions regarding the Certificate of Entitlement.

1. After I get the CoE for my baby on Pakistani Passport. How can get british passport for the baby when it arrives in the UK and what are the requirements in order to get it.
2. What are the documents required for Certificate of Entitlement application and how long does it take to process it.

Many Thanks.
Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:12 pm

1. You apply through the normal online or paper application process like everyone else.

2. Please do read the link that I have provided which contains a link to the guidance notes. Also many topics about this on the forum too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

salman83

Post by salman83 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:38 pm

Hi,

I am submitting the following documents for Certificate of Entitlement for my newborn baby.
  • Family Photos
  • Applicant Birth Certificate
  • Applicant Hospital Birth Certificate
  • Applicants Family Registration Certificate
  • Mother Passport
  • Mother Naturalisation Certificate
  • Mother NHS Antenatal File
  • Mother Hospital Discharge Documents
  • Father Passport
  • Father Naturalisation Certificate
  • Parents Marriage Certificate
  • Bank Statements
  • Parents Election Polling Cards
  • Father Employment Letter
  • Father 6 Months PaySlips
  • Parents Birth Certificate
  • tuberculosis (TB) Test Certificate
Can you kindly confirm it.

Many Thanks.
Regards,

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:24 am

salman83 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:38 pm
Hi,

I am submitting the following documents for Certificate of Entitlement for my newborn baby.
  • Family Photos
  • Applicant Birth Certificate
  • Applicant Hospital Birth Certificate
  • Applicants Family Registration Certificate
  • Mother Passport
  • Mother Naturalisation Certificate
  • Mother NHS Antenatal File
  • Mother Hospital Discharge Documents
  • Father Passport
  • Father Naturalisation Certificate
  • Parents Marriage Certificate
  • Bank Statements
  • Parents Election Polling Cards
  • Father Employment Letter
  • Father 6 Months PaySlips
  • Parents Birth Certificate
  • tuberculosis (TB) Test Certificate
Can you kindly confirm it.

Many Thanks.
Regards,
You have collated all the documents required AND MORE!! Obviously you have spoken to many others and have followed their advice so why do u keep asking the same question?? If you have read the guidance notes (link provided by CR1) you know all that is required but you persist with asking.

salman83

Post by salman83 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:53 pm

Sorry about that. Initially, i was going to apply for british passport but now, i am going to apply for CoE.

Right now, I am filling the form for CoE, I have few questions about address on the form as it is quite confusing.
  • In address section, I specified newborn birth certificate address (which is my parents address) but for correspondence address, I specified my wife parents address as she is currently staying with her parents. My question is that will VFS send the passport to the correspondence address when the application is decided.
  • Second question is about the ownership status of the home. I just mentioned that the property belongs to grandparents of the newborn baby. Is that Ok?
  • Third, in the previous address section, i mentioned the birth certificate address (which is parental grandparents home address) as baby is only three months old. is that Ok?
Thanks.
Regards.

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:57 pm

salman83 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:53 pm
Sorry about that. Initially, i was going to apply for british passport but now, i am going to apply for CoE.

Right now, I am filling the form for CoE, I have few questions about address on the form as it is quite confusing.
  • In address section, I specified newborn birth certificate address (which is my parents address) but for correspondence address, I specified my wife parents address as she is currently staying with her parents. My question is that will VFS send the passport to the correspondence address when the application is decided.
  • Second question is about the ownership status of the home. I just mentioned that the property belongs to grandparents of the newborn baby. Is that Ok?
  • Third, in the previous address section, i mentioned the birth certificate address (which is parental grandparents home address) as baby is only three months old. is that Ok?
Thanks.
Regards.

You sure know to complicate matters for yourself. The address of the mother is more important as I believe she is the one who represents the child. It is not necessary a baby has to prove their residence when applying. Simplify things by giving one address for all matters. Ownership question is for UK residence again which house belongs to whom is not important.

salman83

Post by salman83 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:33 pm

The problem is that my baby birth certificate have parental grandparents address written on it but my wife is living with her parents. She has a problem with my parents.
Now you tell me, do I like to complicate matters, NO