ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

scrutiny of API by INIS

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

takeabow
Newly Registered
Ireland

scrutiny of API by INIS

Post by takeabow » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi all, I am applying for citizenship, on a spousal route, having been in Ireland for 8 years and married for 5. I travel a large amount for both my work and leisure - I have literally hundreds of passport stamps in my extra large US passport. I have documented all my travel to support the application, based on all the stamps in my passport, but it is impossible to know for sure that I have it right - indeed you dont get passport stamps everywhere you go, and it is likely that API data doesn't match either my passport or my recollection. Im within my days allowance for being outside of the country, more or less, after work trips are deducted (which should be defensible), but I know that I am missing stuff.

I understand that INIS scrutinise API data, from across the whole of the EU, as part of reviewing the application. Does anyone know how rigorous this is, or would they rely on passport stamps?

Also, I know that in the last 3 years I have done a Belfast to London flight, but cant find the details of that and there are obviously no details in my passport. Can INIS pull data on domestic UK flights between Belfast and London?

Just trying to understand this, and prepare myself for the likelihood of my application being rejected.

Thanks