ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M Address Proof.. first page only/type OK?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

FLR-M Address Proof.. first page only/type OK?

Post by cyrusgod » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi guys,

Thanks for putting together such a wealth of information, truly an amazing forum for such a complex range of situations we each find ourselves and loved ones in!

I had a couple of questions I might ask the collective "knowledge" if that is OK. Skip to the bottom in bold if this is too much info :oops:

Quick background, I met my wife whilst living in Japan for ten years. I am a UK national born and bred so to speak. We have two children (British passports 3 & 4) She is Peruvian by way of Japan.. she came over here on a spousal visa in December 2016 which we are now reaching the application time for her first FLR(M). Somewhat confusing that at the time she got a 33 month instead of the usual 2.5 years, but the norm for applying from overseas at that time or so I have read.

All things coming together nicely thanks to advice on here

Questions (please help!)
Firstly..
Her BRP states the VISA expires on 13th July 2019. So we are trying to get a balanced 2 years worth of address evidence covering the June 2017 to June 2019 period.

So far we have.
1.JOINT - Sept 17 - Letting Agent letter (noise complaint.. don't tell anyone.. 2 kids!)
2.JOINT - Feb 18 - Letting Agent letter (inc. deposit protection certificate)
3.JOINT - March 18 - Council Tax Bill
4.INDIVIDUAL x 2 - Sept 18 - Credit Card Statements
5.JOINT - Feb 19 - HMRC (Tax Credits info.)
6.JOINT - May 19 (Tax Credits info.)

Are the letting agent's letters going to be acceptable? Annoyingly the tenancy agreement (which would have been ideal) was done a few months before the 2 year period began (same with 2017 council tax bill :( ) so I am assuming won't be acceptable?

I know the spacing is not the best but keeping in mind we have two kids and all the other paperwork is in place should I be concerned?
Is it worth attaching the tenancy agreement as an addition even though it is just before the start of the date range with some kind of note? I just get really worried as I know how petty immigration can be.. "sorry sir, we are failing the application as you supplied one document outside the required timeline, that gave us way too much genuine information.. please head to the nearest airport!"
I did apply for a water bill from August 2017 and Feb 2018 but they gave me a kind of summary document that states it was printed last week.. not helpful I think!?

Finally.. as some of these documents can be 3 to 6 pages long, I was thinking of only scanning the front page with the address, is this the norm or should I scan EVERY page?

Sorry for rambling but I guess information is needed for the knowledgeable members to give any comments.
Thank you in advance guys and girls! :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: FLR-M Address Proof.. first page only/type OK?

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:17 pm

You can use any document/letter addressed to you both jointly/individually to fill further the gap in 2 years of cohabitation. Almost all gets 33 months of visa despite extension can be applied from inside the UK 28 days before of completing 30 months from the time of arriving to UK.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:29 pm

Have you got any other utility bills such as gas electric or water? They are easy to get from providers.

Scan them all as one PDF and upload to the portal. Going a while back but at the PSC last year the home office took copies of all my bills. E.g edf energy all 4 pages.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

Post by cyrusgod » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 pm

Thank you seagul.. I am well over the 30 months, there was no rush to apply early, just surprised as I was working back from her biometric residence card date and shocked when that appeared to be over 2.5 years.. thought I was about to be in trouble!

bathanza, only water bill sadly (we rent and our flat is setup for electricity via prepay :? Water company previously sent the wrong thing but I think after speaking to someone more in the know today they are re sending August 2017 and Feb 2018 so should look a little better as this :

1.JOINT - August 17 - SES Water Bill
2.JOINT - Feb 18 - SES Water Bill
3.JOINT - March 18 - Council Tax Bill
4.INDIVIDUAL x 2 - Sept 18 - Credit Card Statements
5.JOINT - Feb 19 - HMRC (Tax Credits info.)
6.JOINT - May 19 HMRC (Tax Credits info.)

At the moment I have scanned each document as an individual pdf with the first page only (they asked for the address?), happy to go back and re-do if required but just seemed like extra information and simple is often best with these people.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:03 pm

cyrusgod wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 pm
Thank you seagul.. I am well over the 30 months, there was no rush to apply early, just surprised as I was working back from her biometric residence card date and shocked when that appeared to be over 2.5 years.. thought I was about to be in trouble!

Unless the visa policy or personal circumstances changing the extension be preferably be applied very close to expiry of 33 months to avail the maximum length of visa and also to avoid any shortfall in future. Try to scan and upload all pages of each documents for just in case. Also try to add more documents in your list of cohabitation.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

Post by cyrusgod » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:45 pm

Thank you again for the replies, if it helps anyone else, I have just had a reply from an immigration advisor who stated :

"For the item of correspondence documents, we generally include the first/most relevant page page only (i.e. the page that shows the names of the applicant and/or sponsor as well as the relevant address).

For bank statements, we generally do not include the pages that lists the endless terms and conditions that no-one reads. Only the statements themselves. "

So unless there is solid proof otherwise I think I will go with the simplest option but of course others may have alternative views.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:04 pm

cyrusgod wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:45 pm
Thank you again for the replies, if it helps anyone else, I have just had a reply from an immigration advisor who stated :

"For the item of correspondence documents, we generally include the first/most relevant page page only (i.e. the page that shows the names of the applicant and/or sponsor as well as the relevant address).

For bank statements, we generally do not include the pages that lists the endless terms and conditions that no-one reads. Only the statements themselves. "

So unless there is solid proof otherwise I think I will go with the simplest option but of course others may have alternative views.
common sense suggests that but precaution suggests to include all pages because common sense is reducing day by day in visa matters.

cyrusgod
Newly Registered

Post by cyrusgod » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:19 pm

Just for anyone reading this still, we submitted everything online (first address page only), full bank statements and within 3 hours of my wife going to do biometrics we had an email saying everything was successful, hope this helps people in the future, thanks to others who have assisted.