ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Allowed Gap Between T2 General Change of Jobs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vic32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Allowed Gap Between T2 General Change of Jobs

Post by Vic32 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:07 pm

Hi Team,

I have got a new job being in T2 General Visa and have received my new BRP as well. Have following queries for which I need your expert advice:

1) I have already resigned from my old company and my last day is 28th June. I'm joining the new employer from 1st July as per COS issued and appointment letter. However, I would want to have some break for relaxation before I join the new company. Kindly confirm if I can join the company say 3 weeks later i.e. around 22- 25th July if I can convince my new employer. Does it have any impact during my ILR application which I'm planning to apply the moment I complete 5 years from my original landing date in UK on T2 general visa - Hope this gap of 3 weeks won't be excluded from my 5 year stay in UK.

2) I understand I need to get a Letter of Absence from my current Employer - Is that the only thing i need or any other documents are also required?

Many thanks!
Vic

Vic32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Allowed Gap Between T2 General Change of Jobs

Post by Vic32 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:16 am

Hello Team,

Look forward to your response as it's a bit urgent and I have to take a decision accordingly.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vic

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:25 am

1. Fine to take a break/holiday. Your new sponsor should update your new start date in the SMS system.

2. Yes, letter of absence is all you need from previous sponsor. Note that your absence you are planning to take now will come under your new sponsor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vic32
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Vic32 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:46 am

Thanks CR001 for your quick response.

For point 2 - Yes, letter of absence is all you need from previous sponsor. Note that your absence you are planning to take now will come under your new sponsor.

Does this absence has to be paid as I read somewhere about it...and whether this would required to be mentioned by new sponsor in their letter of absence during the ILR application?

I'm asking this specific question as my current employment joining was also delayed by 1 week which was updated in their SMS system but is not mentioned by them in their letter of absence given to me.

Regards,
Vic