ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saravanadeepan
India

Visitor visa for mother

Post by saravanadeepan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:44 pm

Hi

I would like my mother to visit us in Uk for less than 6 months. I read that the one who applies for visitor visa should show financial situation in India as well as emotional bonding in India. I have maintained a decent balance to sponsor my mother and ready to take care of all the expenses in UK.My wife is pregnant and is due in September end. SO it will be nice to have her here for few months.

For emotional bonding in home country - I have a younger brother studying in university and my grandmother in home, so that mom will return back to India after her visit

The problem is for financial status in home country - My mom doesn't have any asset or any bank account. She uses my bank account in India to take care of expense. Please suggest is there any way to prove this point to HO.
1. Can I add my mom as a joint account to my account in India?
2. Or open a new account for her and use for three months and show the statement? Or FD in her account?
3. Any other option ?

Thanks for all in advance!

Singh_harv
India

Re: Visitor visa for mother

Post by Singh_harv » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:16 pm

Mainly ECO will look into her personal, social & economic circumstances. If shes doesn't have any regular income/assets, it could be difficult in my opinion but i might be wrong.

Her using your account for money doesnt look good too. If you are sending her money it should go to her account or a joint account. If you can make your account as joint account with her and then provide evidence of sending money to support her.

You can show FD but will also need a balance certificate near the time when applying.

You can add relatives details in india to support her application.

saravanadeepan
India

Post by saravanadeepan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:14 pm

thank you so much!
1.So I will start the process of adding her into my account, so that it is evident that whatever transactions they have made so far is my mom and I am supporting her from here.
2. Will arrange for balance certificate also
3. can say my brother and grandmother is in India, so she needs to return back.
4. Also the main reason for visit I can mention as to see granddaughter since the delivery is due in September

Singh_harv
India

Post by Singh_harv » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:56 pm

Yes because when the bank statement is printed it will show both your and her name. All you have to do is explain the deposits with relevant receipts of transfer(if using transferwise/westerunion).

If your employed then letter from your employer, salary package, bank statement, accomodation, sponsorship.

Where she currently lives, is that house in your name? Any land on her name?

If you already have a FD, you can include her name on that too.

Any life insurance or health insurance policies for her?

Include call history, pictures too, family tree.

Also mention about ceremony she will be attending to celebrate the birth. You can include an invitation card (check online for digital invitation cards).

You will have to make the ECO believe she is genuine visitor and will leave after the visit, not rely on public funds.

saravanadeepan
India

Post by saravanadeepan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:41 pm

Thank you so much :)