ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by abimfol » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:43 am

@ron34 I can't answer this question as I have limited knowledge and info regarding this. I can only suggest since close family members can also apply for EEA family permit, then you should go ahead and wait patiently and hopefully will be granted. And when you are in the UK you can then apply for the EU settlement scheme.

Ron34 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:07 am
@abimfol
Can i make a new application on EU settlent scheme family permit without cancelling my old application?i will just make but im not going to submit it..

Please help me guys with my problems.

Ron34
Romania

Post by Ron34 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:25 am

@abimfol
Yeah i will push my application..i dont know if im gonna attached my husband's pre settled status or not..im confused..

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:37 am

I think you should! That will help them easily to know that your husband is exercising his treaty rights
Ron34 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:25 am
@abimfol
Yeah i will push my application..i dont know if im gonna attached my husband's pre settled status or not..im confused..

Ron34
Romania

Post by Ron34 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:02 am

@abimdol
Thank you so much..i will push this...Praying and hoping for a good result..God will guide..i will let you know the result of my application..

ershadhossain
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by ershadhossain » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:03 pm

My wife had two rejections even though we submitted a lot of papers. Third time we used an immigration lawyer and got positive response in under a week (not 15 working days like everyone said it would take). Would suggest everyone to get a lawyer for peace of mind.

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:25 pm

Can you shed more light on this to help people planning to apply? As we can all benefit from a detailed info.

Thanks a bunch
ershadhossain wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:03 pm
My wife had two rejections even though we submitted a lot of papers. Third time we used an immigration lawyer and got positive response in under a week (not 15 working days like everyone said it would take). Would suggest everyone to get a lawyer for peace of mind.

Ron34
Romania

Post by Ron34 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:27 pm

@ershadhossain
What are the reasons why they refused your wife's application?..

mezien
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by mezien » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:06 pm

ershadhossain wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:03 pm
So what did you do differently the third time?

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:49 pm

Any idea how long does I take normally once case is assigned to Entry Clearance Officer? For the priority service

spat
Mood:
United States of America

Post by spat » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:40 pm

Athwalmanish wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:28 am
I been reading these forums since I applied for FP
Below is my timeline:

Applied EEA FP on MARCH 19 @ VFS JALANDHAR priority paid INR 20,000
BIONETRICS DONE SAME DAY:

March 19 text message received “The visa application for GWF****** was forwarded to UKVI on 3/19/2019”
March 25 text message received “The processed visa application for GWF******* will be delivered to the chosen address“
Followed by email on the same day
“Dear ********

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWF****** was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 3/25/2019
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.”

Collected passport today March 27 and found visa stamped.
Priority was totally worth it. I was very tensed like everyone here. I hope I’ve listed everything here and this post will help you guys.

Feel free to message me if any questions. Cheers !!
Hi Athwalmanish, did you receive email from Shefield stating case is being prepared for consideration by ECO? if so when was that received please advise.

Mostar27
Newly Registered
Croatia

Post by Mostar27 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:06 pm

Faro786 wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:35 am
I have a good news for you guys after waiting for more than 5 months today I got my visa 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 alhamdulelah, allah has listened to my prayers 😭😭😭😭😭thank u thank u all I wish everyone good luck who are waiting and I pray that u guys get ur visa’s soon insha ALLAH
Congrats Faro,Im happy for you,honestly.Best of luck!

Leonshah
United Kingdom

Post by Leonshah » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi guys,
Many congrates to all successful applicants & good luck for all those applicants who are waiting for their decision.
I am European citizen and planning to apply for my non-European wife EEA SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT.

Should I submit my job contract/pay slips with my application?

I have read over Gov.uk website that if I apply for simple " EEA FAMILY PERMIT" I have to prove that I am a " qualified person" ( exercising eu treaty rights), and if i am not exercising eu treaty rights the I am eligible to apply for " EEA SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT"

Is that correct what I understood by above written eligibility for eea settlement scheme family permit.

How long it takes for entry clearance of eea settlement scheme family permit permit?

Thank you.

Leonshah
United Kingdom

Post by Leonshah » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:48 pm

EU Settlement Scheme family permit

You can apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit to come to the UK if all of the following apply:

you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
you’re the ‘close’ family member of an EEA or Swiss national (excluding UK nationals)
the EEA citizen you’re joining has ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status under the EU Settlement Scheme
the EEA citizen you’re joining is in the UK already or travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application
Apply for an EEA family permit instead if you’re not a close family member of the EEA or Swiss national or if they do not have ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

EEA family permit
You can apply for an EEA family permit to come to the UK if both the following apply:

you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
you’re a ‘close’ or ‘extended’ family member of an EEA or Swiss national (excluding UK nationals)
Apply for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit instead if you’re a close family member of an EEA or Swiss national and they have ‘settled’ or ‘pre-settled’ status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
Eligibility
The EEA citizen you’re joining must either:

be in the UK already
be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application
If they’ve been in the UK for more than 3 months they must either:

be a ‘qualified person’ (working, looking for work, self-employed, studying or self-sufficient)
have a permanent residence document - sometimes called a ‘document certifying permanent residence’
If your family member is not a ‘qualified person’ and does not have a permanent residence document, you may be eligible for an EU Settlement Scheme family permit instead

abimfol
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by abimfol » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:05 am

We are in the same shoes here. I've not seen anyone who applied for the the EU Settlement Scheme Family Permit.

Would really like if someone could share their experience on this.

Best regards
Leonshah wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:55 pm
Hi guys,
Many congrates to all successful applicants & good luck for all those applicants who are waiting for their decision.
I am European citizen and planning to apply for my non-European wife EEA SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT.

I have read over Gov.uk website that if I apply for simple " EEA FAMILY PERMIT" I have to prove that I am a " qualified person" ( exercising eu treaty rights), and if i am not exercising eu treaty rights the I am eligible to apply for " EEA SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT"

Is that correct what I understood by above written eligibility for eea settlement scheme family permit.

How long it takes for entry clearance of eea settlement scheme family permit permit?

Thank you.

Leonshah
United Kingdom

Post by Leonshah » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:42 am

abimfol wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:52 pm
Thanks for the information. Do I need to include my wife's divorce certificate? as she was previously married before. It has been translated to English from Romanian. the translation was done since July 6, 2018, almost a year now. Can we use it like that or we need to do another translation?
Ron34 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:41 pm
@abimfol
Yeah someone told me its just the same..i read also that EU Settlement Scheme family permit requirea you to prove your relationship..

DOCUMENTS im gonna submit:
My passport
Residence card(1 year-Romania)
My bank statement address where im staying now
Visa sticker to romania

Proof that my husband is exercising his treaty rights at uk:vv
My husband's passport copy
My husband's national identity card copy
My husband's national insurance number
My husband's NHS registration
My husband's electoral registration in uk
My husband's driver license card copy
My husband's car insurance certificate
Criminal Record certificate (2017)
Tax return 2017-2018 which include all the annual income and tax paid
Tax return2018-2019
Bank statement showing his salaries and dividends coming in to his account
Tenancy agreement(new showing his new address)
Some of council tax payment
Referrence letter from his accountant stating his annual income and his role in a company
Letter showing his role in a company(he is self-employed anyway)
Pre settled status if im gonna include

PROOF Of MARRIAGE
Marriage certificate with authentication certificate from philippine embassy
Marriage certificate(romanian)
Wedding pictures(26 pcs)
Print screens of some wedding greetings and wishes post on facebook by friends and families
My husbands visa stamp during his trip to philippines
Our plane ticket going to my hometown to visit families
Our ticket on a ship with room accomodation together
My ticket going to romania paid by my husband
Few of money transfer from my husband
Printscreens of messenger conversation and video calls (2017,2018,2019)40 pages
Emails screenshot(15pages)
Facebook screenshot
Messenger video snaps(2016,2017,2018,2019 10 pages)its good that i used to take screenshot during our calls
Pictures from 1st,2nd,3rd visit of my husband at philippines(40photos)
Proposal pictures(4photos)
Our pictures here at romania togethee his families(20photos)

Hopefully they will satisfy with all my aupporting documents
@abimfol
You should attach divorce certificate of your wife's previous marriage with English translation (doesn't matter when the document was translated). If your European spouse/partner in UK has settled or pre-settled status under eu settlement scheme then for sure you should apply for EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT. If your spouse/partner doesn't have settled or pre-settled status in UK then obviously you should apply for EEA FAMILY PERMIT.
What I understood by reading about both family permits is that if you apply for eu settlement scheme family permit its much easier than to apply for EEA FAMILY PERMIT.
My understanding after reading the difference between both permits is that when you apply for eea family permit you have to prove that your spouse in uk is qualified person ( working, exercising eu treaty rights) and if you apply for eu settlement scheme family permit you just have to be in UK simply doesn't matter if you are working or not.
Anyone who applied for eu settlement scheme family permit (for spouse/partner) please share his/her timeline and submitted supporting documents listlist.this can be helpful for this forum members.
Thank you.

Leonshah
United Kingdom

Post by Leonshah » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:16 am

Hi everyone,
Does anyone knows if I apply eu settlement scheme family permit for my wife still I have to prove that I am working ( exercising eu treaty rights).
As I read that people who apply for EEA FAMILY PERMIT need to be qualified person, on other hand if you apply for eu settlement scheme family permit there is no question about job/work of sponsor (eu citizen) in UK.

Thank you.

Kanuppal
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Kanuppal » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:39 am

Hi All.
Q1) I have question to ask you all. My wife who is an eea citizen is not in UK as we are here in Toronto ,Canada. We want to move to U.K. under eea family permit.Does my wife need to be in UK and excercise treaty right or can we both go together without her having job or any other qualified person. We are self sufficient and to be on safe side we will have comprehensive insurance and well.

Q2)
Pls kindly also let me know where do we submit the documents after applying for family-permit online

Leonshah
United Kingdom

Post by Leonshah » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:29 am

sark91 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:38 pm
Hello All
I wanted to share my timeline and experience with UK EEA family permit. Pakistani married to a Norwegian national.
We got engaged in Feb 2018 and got married in December 2018. We have a relationship of over 10 years before marriage only through social media and calls.

Online application: 24 May 2019
Biometric: 29 May 2019
Receipt acknowledgment and prepared for ECO consideration: 29 May 2019
VFS email passport ready for collection: 17 June 2019
Passport collection: 17 June 2019 with EEA FP inside dated 08 June 2019 :)

(Application from Lahore, Pakistan)

Documents submitted:
Cover letter from my wife explaining our relationship and future plan
Passport copies
Marriage certificate
Family Registration certificate
Few chat and call history from 2014 to 2018
Engagement, Marriage and honeymoon photographs with dates
Air tickets and hotel invoices of honeymoon

In my experience, you have to focus most on proving your relationship and marriage. And of course the Prayers and help from GOD :). Just stay positive and believe.

I am very grateful I came across this group so I knew what to prepare and submit. Thanks all for sharing. I wish you all the best of luck with your application.

@sark91

Many congrates, you applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT or EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT ?
Anyone who applied for eu settlement scheme family permit, please share your timeline/experience.

Thank you.

Hesli30
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by Hesli30 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:46 pm

Hey sorry thay i just open my acc, well i think its better when you cancel it, bc it will take more long time wait about your passport later, you know that UKVI always looking problem to refused.
My application all is completed but they keep my application 1 month already, they said its not straightforward, i email them and i only got answered to wait about decision.
Ron34 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:13 pm
@Hesli30 thank you so much for the response..thats our problem coz next week i had my appointment for biometric and if i cancel my first application maybe it take days to reapply again..and if i will push this my first application,do you think they have the reason to refuse?..or they will consider it,or one option is im not going to attached the pre settled status..im already stress about this..

sark91
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sark91 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:25 pm

Leonshah wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:29 am
sark91 wrote:
Hello All
I wanted to share my timeline and experience with UK EEA family permit. Pakistani married to a Norwegian national.
We got engaged in Feb 2018 and got married in December 2018. We have a relationship of over 10 years before marriage only through social media and calls.

Documents submitted:
Passport copies
Marriage certificate

In my experience, you have to focus most on proving your relationship and marriage. And of course the Prayers and help from GOD :). Just stay positive and believe.

I am very grateful I came across this group so I knew what to prepare and submit. Thanks all for sharing. I wish you all the best of luck with your application.

@sark91

Many congrates, you applied for EEA FAMILY PERMIT or EU SETTLEMENT SCHEME FAMILY PERMIT ?
Anyone who applied for eu settlement scheme family permit, please share your timeline/experience.

Thank you.
Thank Leonshah :). I applied for EEA family permit as currently I and my wife, both are not present in the UK.

Leonshah
United Kingdom

Post by Leonshah » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:33 pm

sark91 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:25 pm
Leonshah wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:29 am
sark91 wrote:
Hello All

Documents submitted:
Passport copies
Marriage certificate

@sark91

Thank you.
Thank Leonshah :). I applied for EEA family permit as currently I and my wife, both are not present in the UK.
Thank you.

Leonshah
United Kingdom

Post by Leonshah » Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:54 pm

Hesli30 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:46 pm
Hey sorry thay i just open my acc, well i think its better when you cancel it, bc it will take more long time wait about your passport later, you know that UKVI always looking problem to refused.
My application all is completed but they keep my application 1 month already, they said its not straightforward, i email them and i only got answered to wait about decision.
Ron34 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:13 pm
@Hesli30 thank you so much for the response..thats our problem coz next week i had my appointment for biometric and if i cancel my first application maybe it take days to reapply again..and if i will push this my first application,do you think they have the reason to refuse?..or they will consider it,or one option is im not going to attached the pre settled status..im already stress about this..
[/quote

@hesli30,

After ECO/Sheffield received your documents for consideration in how many days you received e-mail
From Sheffield that your application is not Straightforward. Please anyone else who received " Not straightforward Application" e-mail from Sheffield please share your timeline. I am curious about to know after application received at Sheffield for eco consideration in how many days they send " Not straightforward Application" email.

Thank you

sark91
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sark91 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:04 pm

Leonshah wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.
Yes, you understood right. If you are in the UK for more than 3 months, then you have to prove that you are a qualified person under EEA Family permit.

But if you thinking to opt for EEA settlement scheme family permit, then I want to ask a question that do you have a "settled" or "pre-settled" status under EEA settlement scheme?

Leonshah
United Kingdom

Post by Leonshah » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:17 pm

sark91 wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:04 pm
Leonshah wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you.
Yes, you understood right. If you are in the UK for more than 3 months, then you have to prove that you are a qualified person under EEA Family permit.

But if you thinking to opt for EEA settlement scheme family permit, then I want to ask a question that do you have a "settled" or "pre-settled" status under EEA settlement scheme?
@sark91
Yes I have already pre-settled status valid for 5years.

sark91
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by sark91 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:22 pm

Kanuppal wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:39 am
Hi All.
Q1) I have question to ask you all. My wife who is an eea citizen is not in UK as we are here in Toronto ,Canada. We want to move to U.K. under eea family permit.Does my wife need to be in UK and excercise treaty right or can we both go together without her having job or any other qualified person. We are self sufficient and to be on safe side we will have comprehensive insurance and well.

Q2)
Pls kindly also let me know where do we submit the documents after applying for family-permit online
Dear, your wife does not need to be in the UK for you to apply for EEA family permit. You can apply for EEA family permit from Canada and explain in the cover letter about your future plan of settling in the UK. Also, as she is not in the UK so don't worry about the clause of a qualified person as it does not apply to your wife right now.

Secondly, you can also attach an air ticket of your wife to the UK dated within the six months you are intended to apply for the permit. Just ask your wife to purchase an air ticket for the UK and attach that ticket with your application. It will prove that she will be traveling to the UK within 6 months of your application date. I did that and it worked for me. (Purchase with a flexible date so you can change your flight date anytime according to your plans)

And about the submission of the documents, when you will complete your application, it will divert you for the appointment at the visa application center where you can select from a drop-down list of the centers and book your appointment. I believe it will divert you to this link for centers in Canada (https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ca/en/vacs).