ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 General 5-year route OR Long Residence 10-year route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raminxp
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Tier-2 General 5-year route OR Long Residence 10-year route

Post by raminxp » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:26 pm

Hi,

In about a month time, I will be eligible for ILR from two different routes: Tier-2 General 5-year route and Long Residence 10-year route.

Both are fairly uncomplicated I guess. With the 10-year route, I have only once lived outside the UK for 2 months without a visa. For the 5-year route, I have been without a job a couple of times for 2-3 months and 3-4 months in between, but not a single time my visa was curtailed.

Which route sounds the safest and quickest to you guys? I mean, both should get me there, but I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible and hoping to the ILR as quickest as possible.

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier-2 General 5-year route OR Long Residence 10-year route

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:30 pm

Do you have dependents in the UK??

ILR LR is the easier one as there is no minimum salary requirement and less supporting documents needed but if you have dependents, they have to switch visas and this will reset their clock for ILR to zero.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raminxp
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by raminxp » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:35 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:30 pm
Do you have dependents in the UK??

ILR LR is the easier one as there is no minimum salary requirement and less supporting documents needed but if you have dependents, they have to switch visas and this will reset their clock for ILR to zero.
Interesting, I was thinking the 5-year would be simpler.

I have no dependents, and well over the salary threshold. Would you still recommend Long Residence? Any ballpark idea about the processing time differences?

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:42 pm

They both are qualifying routes for 24 hour super priority service. Or you can use the standard 8 week service too.

Absence limit is more generous with Tier 2 ILR than Long residence ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raminxp
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by raminxp » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 2:42 pm
They both are qualifying routes for 24 hour super priority service. Or you can use the standard 8 week service too.

Absence limit is more generous with Tier 2 ILR than Long residence ILR.
Thank you.