ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help me out here

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rockhall

Help me out here

Post by rockhall » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:14 pm

Greetings,

I want to return to the UK under tier 1 post study via the transitional arrangements since I was already on SEGS. Do you think if I come in as a visitor since I am a non-visa national for e.g. after 3 months of entry can I put in an application to the HO Office.

Do you think it will be approved and how long is the transitional arrangements? because I see for the funds till October 31 so I was wondering if the entire transitional arrangements is until that date or just the funds maintenance.
They fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:07 am

Isn't it almost impossible to switch from a visitor visa to any other useful visa?

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:02 pm

paulp wrote:Isn't it almost impossible to switch from a visitor visa to any other useful visa?
Well since the transitional arrangements says the following, I was wondering if I could apply since I was on SEGS. The main point here is even though I came in as a visitor since I was on SEGS I should not have any problems to apply this is what I gathered from the statement below.

The conditions you must meet if you apply under the transitional arrangements and are already in the United Kingdom
You can apply under the transitional arrangements if you are in the United Kingdom and your current or last grant of leave was under the:

Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme (SEGS); or
International Graduates Scheme (IGS); or
Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme (FT: WISS).
They fail to realise we are nothing in this world! we can disappear in a split second.

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:16 pm

Here, won't your current and last grant of leave be one and the same? i.e. a visitor visa?

rockhall

Post by rockhall » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Yep! I was wondering the same whether or not my last grant of leave could be visitor and at the same time wondering because its transitional, even if I am a visitor but because I have been on SEGS I could easily get through.

I doubt that there are still people with SEGS visas in the UK, probably IGS this is why my question came up.

I have contacted them I will let you know what the response was.