ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resedency proof in another EU country for EEA spouse EU1form

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knapps
Member of Standing

Resedency proof in another EU country for EEA spouse EU1form

Post by knapps » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:04 am

I need an urgent advice.I have been living in Ireland for 4 and half years, came on student visa in feb, 2004 passed my exams then at a later state i met my wife who is an EEA after a year and few months we decieded to get married. I got stamp 4 in 2006 in GNIB based on my marriage, then it was renewed again in 2007 and i got stamp eufam 4, and last month i got again for 3rd year. Then GNIB told me to apply in DOJ we both are employed for 3 and more years.DOJ sent a letter today asking me resedency proof within 10 days or they will consider my application on what i sent. What shall I do??? Should i go to a lawyer and ask him to write to them or write to them myself or my wife that I cam from my home country to ireland and that we met here so how the hell i can satisfy them, not to mention them EU directive or blah , blah , blah as it is predominant by Irish Law.

Any expert here?????

dan72
Newly Registered

Post by dan72 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:30 pm

did u register your marriage in your wife's country??????

i will advised you to find a solicitor to represent ur case. (2) there is no reason for DOJ to refused your application cos of ur previous resident permit in ireland

(from DOJ site)

"If you were legally resident in the Irish State at the time of your EU Treaty Rights application and had one of the following( permissions to remain in the State) Stamps in your passport i.e., Stamp 1, Stamp 2, Stamp 3,Stamp 4, and your application has now been refused".
It is open to you to return to your local Immigration Registration Office to enquire about renewal or regularisation of your permission to remain".

THOUGH THE situation of the eu-spouse in ireland very complicated and difficult, ireland doesnt recognised our status based on rancsim i wish u best of luck.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:52 pm

hi there, no i have not but we are going to do it next month all documents are ready it is just to go to Dublin and present ourselves. I have had 3 stamps of EUfam 4 on my passport already. So, do you think the lawyer will write a letter or something to DOJ.