ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

scanning documents for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yukapion
Newly Registered
Japan

scanning documents for ILR

Post by yukapion » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:17 pm

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can comment their experience if you have done the super priority service recently. I'm getting a mixed review about scanning document service at the visa centre. On this forum, people seem to suggest it's better to scan everything beforehands to make it easier on the day as sometimes there are issues with scanner at the centre? However, I spoke to an immigration lawyer and he said he knows a client who scanned documents himself but missed something and got rejected. The lawyer recommends me to choose the scanning document service at the centre.

Anyone has any thoughts on these? If I'm very careful and I know that I will be able to scan everything before my appointment. Is it better to do it myself?
Or is it better to leave it for the staff at the centre who will do it for me and if something goes wrong, it's their faults?

Many thanks!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: scanning documents for ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:04 pm

There is an existing topic with members experiences and many other topics. Most scan their own documents. Don't believe everything lawyers tell you. One person missing a documents and getting refused is not the norm and likely a rare occurrence. It is your responsibility to submit what is required. Ukcvas is not an advisor or ho staff.
general-uk-immigration-forum/ukvcas-sup ... -2960.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: scanning documents for ILR

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:29 pm

In my opinion if someone is reasonably computer literate then instead paying to ukvcas centre just for document scanning then better to buy his own scanner. Usually the applicant is given few days until that he can keep uploading his documents which he should definitely avail. Only this way you can be known that everything has completely been uploaded because UKVCAS staff may miss something to scan and on refusal they won't accept any responsibility.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.